COMPLETE [BIO] Life and Ventures of John Jacob Astor - gu

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Guero

Post by Guero »

tekksavvy318 wrote:ok...so under property details it says 13:02....section 7 is 13:02
Perfect, thanks!
John
"...what kind of internal wiring in my grandmother's mind enabled her...To condense fact from the vapor of nuance." -- Neal Stephenson
Guero

Post by Guero »

I'll be on vacation through September 5th. I will try to check in daily, but I might miss a few days. I'll definitely catch up when I get back. :D
John
"...what kind of internal wiring in my grandmother's mind enabled her...To condense fact from the vapor of nuance." -- Neal Stephenson
tekksavvy318

Post by tekksavvy318 »

hey john,
i noticed i havent sent you the updated version of chapter 4 and chapter 13.
chapter 4
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/gu/lifeandventures_04_gebhard.mp3

chapter 13
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/gu/lifeandventures_13_gebhard.mp3

hope you get a chance to update when you come back from your holidays...btw happy holidays :mrgreen:
Sharing knowledge about people who walk different walks of life is a baby step towards understanding them and librivox is a great platform for just that!
http://tekksavvy.wordpress.com
Guero

Post by Guero »

Thanks, Tekksavvy. Can you tell me the new length for each of them?

The first version of section 13 was not PLed. Did you make corrections to it that you noticed yourself? Or did you make corrections to another file? Sections 5 and 6 still have PL corrections for you.

Thanks.
John
kajo

Post by kajo »

Hi tekksavvy318,

Sorry for the delay, I was taken in by real life. Thanks for your updated versions.
To get an overview for myself I made a list of the 'open' sections and I hope you'll find it also helpful to see the state of affairs.

Section 04: PL OK!
Section 05: 5 secs end silence are needed. ID3 tag for title should be: 05 - John Helffrich's Journal
Section 06: PL OK!
Section 07: 'Technically' it would be PL OK. Do you still have the original file? The noise-cleaning did not only cleaned noise but also endings.
Section 13: There seems to be a comment about editing at 2:11 ('… it again'). The ID3 tag for title should be: 13 - Independence Day While It was New

Greetings Kajo
(D)PLer with all my heart: It is a PLeasure for me to listen to the spOKen words of LV readers (in dutch, english, german and latin).
J_N

Post by J_N »

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/gu/lifeandventures_03_gebhard.mp3 7:33 :D

Note to self: Do not claim sections where switching between English and German occurs... (I start having an English accent in the German and my German accent gets far worse during the English parts :roll:)
Julia - Introverts, unite! Seperately... in your own homes.

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

Author death +70 yrs? Legamus!
kajo

Post by kajo »

Hi Julia,

Section 3 is PL OK! :thumbs: Don't be worried about the accent.
I would rather be worried about conversing with yourself. I'm just kidding, of course. :mrgreen:

Greetings Kajo
(D)PLer with all my heart: It is a PLeasure for me to listen to the spOKen words of LV readers (in dutch, english, german and latin).
J_N

Post by J_N »

kajo wrote:Hi Julia,

Section 3 is PL OK! :thumbs: Don't be worried about the accent.
I would rather be worried about conversing with yourself. I'm just kidding, of course. :mrgreen:

Greetings Kajo
Thank you. (and yeah, that's what the other Julia was saying, too Image :mrgreen: )
Julia - Introverts, unite! Seperately... in your own homes.

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

Author death +70 yrs? Legamus!
kajo

Post by kajo »

Hi John,

I was trying to overcome the temptation but I'm not able to resist: would it be okay if I would claim section 8? :hmm:

Greetings Kajo
Guero

Post by Guero »

Thanks, Julia and Kajo. :)

Kajo, section 8 is all yours. I'll PL it for you when the time comes. Thanks!
John
kajo

Post by kajo »

Hi John,

Thanks! That's great. And here it is: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/gu/lifeandventures_08_gebhard.mp3 (10:53)
I hope it is okay. :oops:

Greetings Kajo
Guero

Post by Guero »

Great! It might take me a few days to listen to it. I'm just getting settled in from vacation. :P
John
kajo

Post by kajo »

No hurry. 8-) Take your time to settle in. btw welcome back. :D
Guero

Post by Guero »

John
kajo

Post by kajo »

Hi Guero,

Section 09 has been PLed: OK! Very enjoyable to listen to. :9:

Greetings Kajo