(Complete) The Violet Fairy Book by Andrew Lang - mb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JeannieD

Post by JeannieD »

Here's Chapter 10!

As well as with Chapter 9, just lemme know if there's anything I need to fix with volume or content or anything. Also, I hope I don't have too much empty space at the end of the recording and that I wrote the tags correctly. This chapter was very fun to read. :)

Chapter 10 - The Child Who Came from an Egg
Duration: 00:19:09
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/mb/violetfairybook_10_lang.mp3

And as with chapter 9, you can just put the recording down as by Jeannie Tirado.
Thanks so much!
SherriSLC

Post by SherriSLC »

I hate to do this, but I wonder if I can "release" one of the stories I claimed (section 31, "The Girl Who Pretended to be a Boy") so it can be claimed by someone else. I somehow didn't realize how long it was, and I have some other commitments that will keep me from getting to this story in a timely way. (I'd still like to read section 15, "Two in a Sack," however.) Would that be okay? Sorry about that. :oops:

Thanks, Sherri
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: “What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
--C.S. Lewis
JeannieD

Post by JeannieD »

Actually, I read through Ch. 31: The Girl Who Pretended to Be a Boy and really enjoyed it. It'll be a big project, but I'd like to read it if I may! :)

~~Jeannie Tirado~~
jeannietirado.weebly.com
aravis

Post by aravis »

Section 9: the volume is a little too low. (81dB... and we aim for 89dB, though everything between 85-95dB is ok) It would be great if you could amplify your recording. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Amplifying
Also the silence at the end should be 10 secs.
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

JeannieD wrote:Here's Chapter 10!

As well as with Chapter 9, just lemme know if there's anything I need to fix with volume or content or anything. Also, I hope I don't have too much empty space at the end of the recording and that I wrote the tags correctly. This chapter was very fun to read. :)

Chapter 10 - The Child Who Came from an Egg
Duration: 00:19:09
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/mb/violetfairybook_10_lang.mp3

And as with chapter 9, you can just put the recording down as by Jeannie Tirado.
Thanks so much!
Thank you, Jeannie, for chapter 10. I put it in the MW for our wonderful DPL.

I edited your catalog page with your name, plus I took the liberties of putting your website in the URL section. Click on your name in the MW to go to your catalog page to see how it looks. If you don't want your website on there, just let me know and I'll take it off :-)

Abigail
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

SherriSLC wrote:I hate to do this, but I wonder if I can "release" one of the stories I claimed (section 31, "The Girl Who Pretended to be a Boy") so it can be claimed by someone else. I somehow didn't realize how long it was, and I have some other commitments that will keep me from getting to this story in a timely way. (I'd still like to read section 15, "Two in a Sack," however.) Would that be okay? Sorry about that. :oops:

Thanks, Sherri
No worries, Sherri! Thanks for telling me ;)
Abigail
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

JeannieD wrote:Actually, I read through Ch. 31: The Girl Who Pretended to Be a Boy and really enjoyed it. It'll be a big project, but I'd like to read it if I may! :)

~~Jeannie Tirado~~
jeannietirado.weebly.com
Absolutely! Thank you so much. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it. :D
JeannieD

Post by JeannieD »

Thanks so much for the heads up!

I amplified the file a little bit and cut down the silence at the end. Sorry about that! I also put it through the Checker program thingie and it now said that it's passed all the validation tests. Just lemme know if I need to tweak it again!

Ch. 9 - The Grateful Prince (revised)
Duration: 00:35:40
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/mb/violetfairybook_09_lang.mp3

~~Jeannie Tirado~~
jeannietirado.weebly.com
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

Thanks, Jeannie. It's a good idea to always check your own files with Checker; good job!
I'll let our DPL mark it as PL OK, assuming it is. ;)
Abigail
aravis

Post by aravis »

Chapter 9 (spot checked) is PL:OK!!! :D

Chapter 10: the silence at the end should be 5 secs.
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
BDSEmpire

Post by BDSEmpire »

I'd like to read 34 - Virgilius the Sorcerer. I've posted a test recording and am ready to read.
SherriSLC

Post by SherriSLC »

Hi, I've uploaded section 15, Two in a Sack: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/mb/violetfairybook_15_lang.mp3

Thanks! Let me know if anything needs to change.

Sherri
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: “What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
--C.S. Lewis
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

BDSEmpire wrote:I'd like to read 34 - Virgilius the Sorcerer. I've posted a test recording and am ready to read.
Hi, BDSEmpire, and welcome to LibriVox!

I've assigned section 34 to you in the MW. Please read the beginning post of this project and it will tell you all the details of recording the disclaimer, naming the file, deadline for submitting the recording, etc. Thanks!

Here is the link to your catalog page: https://catalog.librivox.org/people_public.php?peopleid=7553 You can also easily get to it by clicking on your name in the Magic Window (MW). This page will help you keep track of all the sections you've claimed. How would you like to be credited in the catalog? Some people use their real names and others their forum names. Also, if you have a website/blog you'd like to be associated with, give me the URL and I can edit your catalog page.

Welcome again to LibriVox, and I do hope you find lots of fun here!

Happy recording,
Abigail
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

SherriSLC wrote:Hi, I've uploaded section 15, Two in a Sack: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/mb/violetfairybook_15_lang.mp3

Thanks! Let me know if anything needs to change.

Sherri
Thank you, Sherri. I put your file in the MW and our PL will let you know if there are any edits that need to be made.

Can you please give me the length of the file? Thanks!

Abigail
KrysWeb

Post by KrysWeb »

I had a wonderful time recording, The Story of Three Wonderful Beggars. Please aravis, be as critical as you can while proof-listening. This is my first recording and would love, and thank you for, any feedback that you would see fit to provide.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/mb/violetfairybook_03_lang.mp3

File duration 15:25