(Complete) The Violet Fairy Book by Andrew Lang - mb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JeannieD

Post by JeannieD »

I would absolutely love to read Section 9: The Grateful Prince and Section 10: The Child Who Came from an Egg, if they aren't yet taken!

~~Jeannie Tirado~~
jeannietirado.weebly.com
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

KrysWeb wrote:Hello,

I am new here and would like this to be my first project. I have done my 1 min test and been given an [OK]. I would like to go by Christopher Webber in the catalogue.

If I could please work on:

section 03 - THE STORY OF THREE WONDERFUL BEGGARS

Thank you :)
Hello Christopher, and welcome to LibriVox! Great job on your test recording.

Yes, you may have section 3. I have assigned it to you in the Magic Window (MW). Please make sure you read the beginning post of this project. It will tell you everything you need to know about where to post your recording, how to title it, the deadline, etc.

Here is the link to your catalog page: https://catalog.librivox.org/people_public.php?peopleid=7540 You can also easily get to it by clicking on your name in the MW. This page will help you keep track of all the sections you've claimed.

Thanks for showing an interest in this project, and again, welcome to LibriVox. I do hope you find lots of fun here!

Happy Recording!
Abigail
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

JeannieD wrote:I would absolutely love to read Section 9: The Grateful Prince and Section 10: The Child Who Came from an Egg, if they aren't yet taken!

~~Jeannie Tirado~~
jeannietirado.weebly.com
Hello Jeannie!

Welcome to this project! Yes, you may have sections 9 and 10. I've assigned them to you in the MW.

Happy Recording!

Abigail
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

Xaemian wrote:May I read The Story of Hassebu? (section 23)
Hello Xaemian,

Welcome to LibriVox! Yes, you may have section 23. However, please do submit a test recording first before recording for this project. The test is not an audition but just to make sure all your settings are correct. Here is the link for info on submitting a test recording: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

Welcome again to LibriVox, and I do hope you find lots of fun here!

Abigail
Xaemian

Post by Xaemian »

FabulaeAudi wrote:
Xaemian wrote:May I read The Story of Hassebu? (section 23)
Hello Xaemian,

Welcome to LibriVox! Yes, you may have section 23. However, please do submit a test recording first before recording for this project. The test is not an audition but just to make sure all your settings are correct. Here is the link for info on submitting a test recording: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

Welcome again to LibriVox, and I do hope you find lots of fun here!

Abigail

Thanks! I look forward to it!
raghaillaigh

Post by raghaillaigh »

Can't resist this! My elementary-school library had Lang's Red and Yellow Fairy books. I still remember the pleasure I got from reading them cover-to-cover...40 years ago!

I would like to read #17 - The Fairy of the Dawn.
Vin Reilly

Advantages of web magazines over paper:
it saves trees & you'll never have to lug a bag of
electrons out for recycling.
greenflutelady

Post by greenflutelady »

Hi
I'd love to read #20 - The Underground Workers.
My reader name is dflute
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

raghaillaigh wrote:Can't resist this! My elementary-school library had Lang's Red and Yellow Fairy books. I still remember the pleasure I got from reading them cover-to-cover...40 years ago!

I would like to read #17 - The Fairy of the Dawn.
Hello raghaillaigh,

Welcome to this project! I'm glad you're excited to record for the Violet Fairy Book and that it brings back good memories! Yes, you may have section 17. I've assigned it to you in the MW.

Happy Recording!
Abigail
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

greenflutelady wrote:Hi
I'd love to read #20 - The Underground Workers.
My reader name is dflute
Hello, greenflutelady, and welcome to LibriVox! Thanks for being interested in this project.

Yes, you may have section 20. I've assigned you to it in the Magic Window (MW). Please do submit a test recording before recording section 20. This test is not an audition but just to make sure you have your settings correct. Here is a link to the info on recording and submitting your test: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

Here is the link to your catalog page: https://catalog.librivox.org/people_public.php?peopleid=7544 You can also easily get to it by clicking on your name in the MW. This catalog page will help you keep track of all the sections you've claimed.

Again, welcome to LibriVox and I hope you find lots of fun here!

Abigail
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

Xaemian wrote:Thanks! I look forward to it!
You are welcome! I forgot to give you the link to your catalog page. Here it is: https://catalog.librivox.org/people_public.php?peopleid=7541 (You can also easily get to it by clicking on your name in the Magic Window.) This page will help you keep track of all the sections you've claimed. What would you like to be credited as in the catalog? Some people use their real names and others their forums names. Just let me know, and I can edit your page easily. Also if you have a URL you want to be associated with, I can add that too. Just let me know!

Abigail
JeannieD

Post by JeannieD »

Here's Section 9: The Grateful Prince

Just lemme know if I need to fix the volume or any parts in the recording. I left a lot of empty space at the end just in case, too. This one definitely stretched me as a reader/actor person and was a lot longer than any other recording I've done! But I loved every minute of it. :)

Section 9: The Grateful Prince
Duration: 00:35:58
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/mb/violetfairybook_09_lang.mp3
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

Thank you very much, Jeannie. I have put section 9 in the MW for our Proof Listener. She will tell you if there are any edits that need to be made. Glad you enjoyed recording this chapter.

Abigail
greenflutelady

Post by greenflutelady »

Hi
I uploaded my test file yesterday. Will someone let me know if it is okay before I start recording #20?
Thanks,
Dflute (greenflutelady)
aravis

Post by aravis »

Downloading! :D
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

greenflutelady wrote:Hi
I uploaded my test file yesterday. Will someone let me know if it is okay before I start recording #20?
Thanks,
Dflute (greenflutelady)

Hello Dflute and a Welcome to LibriVox from me as well :D

Whenever you upload something, the uploader gives you a link, which you copy and paste to the thread. So it is easier to find the recording later.
Here's the link to your test: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/mb/test_dflute.mp3.mp3

It is very clear (no background noise), tech specs appear ok (mono, 44.1 kHz, 128 kb/s), it is a bit low in volume (81.8 dB, whereas a ~89 dB is suggested). Maybe you could try raising the input volume a bit? Also, take care with the filenames as this one came with a double ".mp3".
Now you could get a more detailed technical commentary if you post your test at the "Listeners & Editors Wanted" forum, if you want to try with a raised input volume.

Cheers!
Last edited by Rapunzelina on July 14th, 2012, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.