Complete[BIOLOGY]Elements of Ornithology-Ruschenberger-alg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Tekksavvy,
That's good to hear. I will proof listen when I get a chance.

Thanks!
Amy :D
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi tekksavvy,

Lesson 6 is PL OK :thumbs: It has a lot of underlying noise but if it is filtered out it will distort your voice so I want to leave it as is. You must have something making white noise around you.

Thanks for your recording!
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi All,

Sections 10 and 11 have been re-opened for claims.

Thanks,
Amy
Mich_elle

Post by Mich_elle »

Amy section ten, I hope okay now.
Upload successful. URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/alg/elementsofornithology_10_ruschenberger.mp3
23m10s

I may have hit the upload button twice, hope it doesn't mess it up--I'm starting to feel slightly posessed, as my second mike died while doing this! I can't record until I am able to buy a new one, but let me know if there are any problems, I was able to correct the section number in the intro by picking it up from entomology section 10!

Michelle
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Michelle,

That's terrible to have your mike die. Thank you for section 10. I will proof listen as soon as I get a chance.

Have a good night!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Michelle,

The recording sounds great! I hope everything is going well now. It is very quiet: 84.1 db. When you have a chance please run it through the compressor effect then amplify it by 5. Other than that, it is all good.

Thanks!
Mich_elle

Post by Mich_elle »

Amy, I never used the compressor before, it is set at
threshold -12dB
noise floor -40dB
ratio 2:1
attack time 0.2sec
decay time 1.0 sec
make-up gain for 0dB is checked
compress based on peaks is not checked
are these the right settings?--I will do this today
everything is fine now, I just need to get a new usb mike
Michelle
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Michelle,

I keep mine at
threshold -16 db
ratio 3:1
And the make-up gain box is not checked
Everything else is the same.
You can play with these 2 settings a bit to see what sounds best for you. I think it is good to leave the others alone, but I'm not very adventurous.
If you don't like using the compression effect, you can just amplify it by 5. The compressor will just even it out a bit before you amplify.

Thanks!
Amy
Mich_elle

Post by Mich_elle »

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

It's perfect now.
Thanks, Michelle! Have a good night.
-Amy :D
nikaku

Post by nikaku »

Hello,

I would like to record section 7. This is my first recording; I'm going to attempt to upload my 1-minute test next. I'd like my name to appear as Jessica Hickey.

Thank you!
~Jessica
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Jessica,

Section 7 is all yours. Welcome to Librivox. I'll update your name in the catalog.

Thanks for joining the project!
Amy :)
kajo

Post by kajo »

Hi Amy, may I claim section 11? Sounds like great fun to read it. Greetings, Kajo
(D)PLer with all my heart: It is a PLeasure for me to listen to the spOKen words of LV readers (in dutch, english, german and latin).
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Kajo,

That will be great.

Thanks,
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

The book is fully assigned now. Off to Readers Found. :D