Complete[BIOLOGY]Elements of Ornithology-Ruschenberger-alg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kajo

Post by kajo »

Hi Amy,

Rather late, now, but here is section 11. :oops: Thank you for your patience.
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/alg/elementsofornithology_11_ruschenberger.mp3 21:27

I used the old uploader and hope this is okay. The uploader mentioned that the original file has been renamed but I only uploaded once. Was there an earlier version for section 11 by another reader? Just asking to find out if I caused a problem, if so, sorry.

It was very enjoyable to read, informative and also funny. I like the name honey buzzard, sounds almost like a term of endearment but I can't imagine what the quality of the person or pet would be. :mrgreen:

Best wishes
(D)PLer with all my heart: It is a PLeasure for me to listen to the spOKen words of LV readers (in dutch, english, german and latin).
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Kajo,
Thank you so much! The other section eleven was actually section 10 that was mislabelled. It was changed to section 10 so that is all straightened out. The old uploader is fine for this. All the files so far are from that.
The honey buzzard is a cute name. I agree that I wouldn't want to be called it.
I'm glad you liked the section.
Thanks again!
Amy :D
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Kajo,
Honey buzzards are pretty! I looked them up on Google.
Section 11 is PL OK. :thumbs:
Thank you for your recording. It is a great ending to the book!
-Amy :D
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
kajo

Post by kajo »

Thank you very much, Amy! :D
Only one section away from completion. :clap: Much success.
All the best, Kajo
(D)PLer with all my heart: It is a PLeasure for me to listen to the spOKen words of LV readers (in dutch, english, german and latin).
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Lesson is open to claims again.
kajo

Post by kajo »

I would like to read the section if I may.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Kajo,
That would be wonderful!
I will move us back to Readers Found.
Thank you!
kajo

Post by kajo »

Okay, should be done this week. :D
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Kajo,
That will be great.
Thank you!
kajo

Post by kajo »

Hi Amy,

here is section 07 with a duration of 36:04, my longest section ever.
http://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/elementsofornithology_07_ruschenberger.mp3
I hope everything is fine and the still slightly nasal voice from my disappearing cold is not too annoying.

At a few spots, is was very tough not to laugh because of the unintended funny moments that the author creates by writing something like 'they are singularly stupid in appearance'. Poor snipe being sniped.

Best wishes
Kajo
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

kajo wrote:Hi Amy,

here is section 07 with a duration of 36:04, my longest section ever.
http://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/elementsofornithology_07_ruschenberger.mp3
I hope everything is fine and the still slightly nasal voice from my disappearing cold is not too annoying.

At a few spots, is was very tough not to laugh because of the unintended funny moments that the author creates by writing something like 'they are singularly stupid in appearance'. Poor snipe being sniped.

Best wishes
Kajo
Hi Kajo,
He does have a way with words.
I am sure the recording will sound great. I will PL soon. Then this little birdy will be able to leave the nest.
Thank you so much for your help!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Kajo,
Section 7 is PL OK. :thumbs:
I am going to start cataloging.
Thanks!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-elements-of-ornithology-by-william-ruschenberger/
Four more Ruschenberger texts to go! :D

Thank you and Congratulations! :clap:
kajo

Post by kajo »

Congratulations, Amy! :clap: :clap: :clap:
What's next. Mammalogy?
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thanks, Kajo! Yes, I think that would be the best one to do next.
Conchology is may be a tough one.