hhubb

Post by hhubb »

may I have chapter 15 [section 22]?
thanks, hannah
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Hannah,

How would you like your name to appear in the catalog? If you haven't done so, please submit a one minute test in the Listeners and Editors forum. It helps a lot.
Welcome aboard!

-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

balaonspace wrote:Hi Amy

I had uploaded a draft of my recording. I think I can do better. Can you give me some feedback.
riddleoftheuniverse_02_haeckel.mp3, length - 35:44

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/alg/riddleoftheuniverse_02_haeckel.mp3

bala
Hi bala,

You need to edit it. I see you call it a draft so I guess you just haven't yet. Please keep only ten seconds at the end and one second at the beginning. Limit the length of gaps in the reading to 2.5 seconds or under. It will need to be amplified when you are done. Shoot for 89 decibels.
Re-submit when it's ready.

Thanks!
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
hhubb

Post by hhubb »

Amy-
H. Hubbard if that's suitable.
I uploaded a test this afternoon and I'm currently working on it.
Thanks, Hannah
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Hannah,

Okay. I will enter your name for the catalog and sign you up for Section 22. Have fun.

Thanks,
-Amy
balaonspace

Post by balaonspace »

Hey Amy

I can do the editing. But I was looking for some feedback on my reading style and pauses. Is it appropriate for audio books. Also I cannot amplify this file to 89dB without avoiding clipping. I will do another recording. If you have some suggestions for me, let me know in a couple of days.

bala
Λ
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
hhubb

Post by hhubb »

here's section 22; chapter 15
29:50
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/alg/riddleoftheuniverse_22_haeckel.mp3
tell me if I need to fix anything. I'm afraid it seems inconsistent in parts, tell me if there's anything I can do about that!
-Hannah
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

balaonspace wrote:Hey Amy

I can do the editing. But I was looking for some feedback on my reading style and pauses. Is it appropriate for audio books. Also I cannot amplify this file to 89dB without avoiding clipping. I will do another recording. If you have some suggestions for me, let me know in a couple of days.

bala
Hi bala,

You don't need to re-record. Your reading style is fine. You can ask for constructive criticism in the Listeners and Editors forum. I don't like to do it. To be able to amplify it to 89 db, try running the compressor effect and then amplifying or find any loud spots in your recording and deamplify them -2 or so. Sometimes it just a loud spot or 2 that causes that.

Amy
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

hhubb wrote:here's section 22; chapter 15
tell me if I need to fix anything. I'm afraid it seems inconsistent in parts, tell me if there's anything I can do about that!
-Hannah
Hi Hannah,
I will try to proof listen it tomorrow.
Thanks for Section 22!
-Amy :D
rdmagpie

Post by rdmagpie »

Amy

I uploaded my first chapter again because I had so much trouble with the first one I didn't think it went through. The elapsed time is 16:27. Sorry for the duplication .

Roland
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Roland,

That isn't a problem. Please paste the URL in your post for the next one so I won't have to go looking in my folder for it. I will PL soon.

Thanks!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

rdmagpie wrote:Amy

I uploaded my first chapter again because I had so much trouble with the first one I didn't think it went through. The elapsed time is 16:27. Sorry for the duplication .

Roland
Hi Roland,

Your file is PL OK. :thumbs: Smooth!

Thanks!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

hhubb wrote:here's section 22; chapter 15
-Hannah
Hi Hannah,

Section 22 needs a few edits. There is a stumple at 26:23, servitude> certitude. At 28:30 there is a repeat of antithesis. The area between 26:23-26:44 is very quiet compared to the rest. Please amplify that up to the level of the rest. Overall it is very loud so deamplify it by @-4.8.
Please update it and re-submit when you have a chance.

Thanks!
-Amy :)
rdmagpie

Post by rdmagpie »

Amy

Sorry about that, forgot to paste. Won't forget for part II, I hope :)

Roland
hhubb

Post by hhubb »

thanks
how's this one?
section 22 chapter 15 29:40
-Hannah