COMPLETE - The Antichrist by FW Nietzsche - NF/ge

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman »

d.e.,

No problemo...I'm all over those tags like Nietzsche on the Church :?

Gesine, what happens now (I've never actually been involved with a project that was completed).

A million thanks!

TTM
[color=darkblue][size=92][i]Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind.[/i] -- Henry James[/size][/color]
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Woohoo! I've edited the file locations (moved files to the project folder) and marked number 4 complete. All done! Congratulations.

Unless you have already done so, the project files are now proof-listened. You can manage this yourself, again very easily with the reader list. Put this code into a new post in the Listeners Wanted forum:

Code: Select all

[readers=498]
[size=9][url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/readers.php?ProjectID=498&tableview=1](Admin link)[/url][/size]
That's your reader list.

Read the FAQ there on what else to put in the post, and how to do the subject.

When someone claims a section, you make a note of this in the Notes field (so that people won't claim the same section twice). When it's been proof-listened, put 'OK' or whatever is needed. Make sure the reader list is kept up to date so not all volunteers have to read through the whole thread.

When it's done and all sections are good to go, let me know and I will delete the proof-listening thread and catalogue the project. :)

Any questions, I'm here!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman »

d.e & Caet,

1. Please check out prooflistening report here:
http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5459

2. It looks like Zarathustra project may be open to additional contributors:
http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1145&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

As always, Thanks a bunch...TTM
[color=darkblue][size=92][i]Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind.[/i] -- Henry James[/size][/color]
Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman »

Gesine,

I've redone section 02 & uploaded it as 02v2, but get the File NOt Found when I try to check it. Do you have to work some magic before it's accessible, or am I just screwing up (again)?

Thanks, TTM
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

I get an email when a file arrives in my uploader; then I move it to the right folder. Now done; I'll link to the correct location. :) Thanks, TTM!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman »

No, Thank YOU!!

TTM
Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman »

Caet & Judy,

Please check out kmwerline's listening note:
http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5459&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Many thanks, TTM
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

I never posted these in here!!! I feel like a cow. :( I'm so sorry, TTM. I edited them a long time ago, uploaded them to a server, and then blonded out on posting the links.

http://www.studioae.com/LibriVox/caet/antichrist_04_nietzsche_FIXED.mp3
http://www.studioae.com/LibriVox/caet/antichrist_06_nietzsche_FIXED.mp3
http://www.studioae.com/LibriVox/caet/antichrist_07_nietzsche_FIXED.mp3
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland
Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman »

Hey Caet,

No problemo; Glad to have them (though if my wife sees the blonded out comment my name is Mudd).

I'm looking forward to seeing my first BC project move to Completed Projects

Take care,

ttm
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Sections 4 and 6 are still showing as 'edits needed' in the magic window. Is that right?

If those files are OK, then can I (while Gesine's away, and because she's been soooo busy with cataloguing during MMness) make a start on the cataloguing?

David
Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman »

David,

Looks like Caet & I both "blonded out" on this one (though I was only blond till I was about two years old).

I'm going to take the leap of faith that if Caet says they're fixed, they're fixed.

I'd be thrilled to see this move on to the next step; [tears] my first baby- The Antichrist - all grown up & ready to move out [/tears]

Thanks much,

ttm
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

If I didn't have the heart of stone of a natural born administrator, I might be moved by that. :D

I'm on the case!

David
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

TTM,

A couple of questions:-

-- Did you write the summary in the first post?

-- Do you need to include 'Antichrist' in the track name? I don't know if there's a common view on this, but I would leave it out, as it's only repeating the album title. Either way's OK, but I thought I'd check before pressing putton B.

-- And how to incorporate the section title from the magic window, into the track name? For example, section 3 will read:- Antichrist: 3 - 1-19 (Christianity, Theology, Kant). Is that what you want?

David
Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman »

David,

1. I believe the summary is a combination of Wikipedia & a reader review at Amazon.com.

2. I'd be in favor of minimizing repetition

3. After 1 & 2 (translator's intro & preface), I'd just list section numbers...the stuff in parentheses was my summary for prospective readers, and should now be removed.

Sound good :wink:

Thanks, ttm
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

OK, TTM, thanks.

We need to be careful about the summary, which is why we ask and state who wrote it. Wikipedia is fine, an LV volunteer writing it (knowing it'll be PD) is fine, but a review from elsewhere... Not so good.

Sometimes we'll 'draw from' Wikipedia, editing or adapting it ourselves.

Can you have a go at that?

Ta,

David