[COMPLETE] The Elder & Younger Eddas-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ereinion

Post by Ereinion »

Hello all,

I signed up for librivox specifically to help with this project. I was really excited too, though now I see its a solo project and looks fairly close to being complete. That's great! And good job to the one spear heading this. I still would like to help however I can, and I am real interested in getting more work from the old Norse recorded.

Please let me know if there anything I can do to further the project, and also if there's any other fans of Norse literature on this thread, maybe we can get something going. Honestly, its a bit bitter sweet to get all excited to help out, and find everything mostly completed or near completed. I wish I signed up sooner, but I'm excited for the finished project.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

PM sent .

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Soloist is unable to finish it in the foreseeable future so I've opened it up. I'll BC it unless someone else really wants to :D
The first part is finished , just the second needing some readers.

Anne
linny

Post by linny »

All of the sections are still showing as claimed. :hmm:
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thanks Linny

Anne
linny

Post by linny »

Hi Anne,
I've been sorting through my BC and DPL commitments. Come to find out, I'm in really good shape. If you would like, I can BC or DPL for you.

Would it be acceptable to use the short works version of the intro/ending on some of the sections? I did the word counts for the remaining sections and only 10 sections are over 1000 words. 34 sections are under 500 words and 10 of those are less than 200 words.

BTW: The original files are still in the abandoned folder.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

The existing chapters are all PL OK , i'll shift them and change the links sometime but can't at the moment with my current access.

I'd love you to BC it if you would like to , I've got some real life issues which may leave my online presence erratic.
Would you want to DPL as well or will we wait till we have a file to advertise.
Let me think about the shorter intro - iy was originally for Solos and single poem per file projects but seems to be expanding.

Anne
linny

Post by linny »

Anne,
I can certainly BC. I prefer the option of getting PL help. I usually don’t advertise with more than a ~ and pl myself if nobody else volunteers.

If you can give me access for BC and the initial post I can get that transferred over for a group project.

Usually when I take an abandoned project I download all the existing files and spot check them. I’ve actually had projects where some of the files were corrupt. After I spot check I can always upload them to your folder again so you don’t have to worry about the transfer.

As for the intro, I was thinking of some of Carolin’s short works projects. I’ve PLed for her a lot in the past. I remember a number of projects which would have 2 intros. Which one was read was dependent on the section. The full intro seems long to listen to for a reading less than 200 words but it doesn’t really matter to me. Simply an idea I wanted to pass along. Whichever way you want to go is fine.

I generally don’t need much MC help along the way and can reach out to another MC if anything odd pops up. I certainly understand when life gets crazy. Be sure to take time for yourself.

Be well,
Linny
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

OK
You should has access now
the first post is now in your name - I had already changed it to the group template before I posted the project
I'm using a portable and wifi so do not have the folder password - it's a high security area , but I should be able to get to my main computer and move the files in the next 24 hours, They will all not have the _128kb but I'll fix that when I catalogue.

Think that's all

Anne
linny

Post by linny »

Looks good, thank you. You didn't say anything about the intro so I left it as the single one. Words counts are up. At some point we may need to move to short works for the small sections but time will tell. Thank you for the help. :D

EDIT: Don't worry about fixing the links to the files. It turns out that all but 4 files is over 92dB. I'll bring them down a little and upload them again. I can change the file name at that time.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

There's really no need to , I always level the volumes in the validator when I catalogue and there is no problem making them softer. It can be a problem if they are soft and I can't make them louder without clipping so it's work for you and work for me deleting files from the folder. I always check the files on abandoned projects before I put them on hold so I really know the files are worth keeping.

Anne
linny

Post by linny »

Good to know for the future. Thank you!

I didn't get your note before I did it though. I hope that's ok. There were several opening/ending silences which I adjusted so maybe it was worth the effort. Well, either way, it's done.
Foon

Post by Foon »

Hi Linny,
Looks like a cool project! Could I claim a bunch of the smaller ones, say, 55-65 (or does that make me too greedy? :D)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
linny

Post by linny »

Greedy works for me! Thank you :clap:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Here's the first of my sections, #55:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/eddas_55_various_128kb.mp3
5:36

The others are Gladr, Gyllir, Glær, Skeidbrimir, Silfrintoppr, Synir, Gils, Falhofnir, Gulltoppr, and Lettfeti.
That line seriously made me question my sanity :lol:
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian