COMPLETE [FICT] Ashton-Kirk, Investigator-J.T. McIntyre-alg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
PeteMilan

Post by PeteMilan »

Thanks. And thanks to you and peac for being so patient as I noob it up here.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Pete,
For some reason the bit-rate on your new files is 192 instead of 128. They were 128 before the amplifying so whatever you did must have changed that. I am downloading, changing bitrate, and uploading to fix them. It will take a while; my connection very fast. You better make sure your Audacity will have your files for future projects at 128. There is always a new problem to discover! But we will get this project out there.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thanks, Pete and peac!
This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page:http://librivox.org/ashton-kirk-investigator-by-john-thomas-mcintyre/

Sorry for the delay, Pete. It is not usually like this. Your project came out great!
Congratulations! :clap:
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
peac

Post by peac »

Yay! Congratulations, Pete. Great reading!
John Andrew Holmes: "It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others."
PeteMilan

Post by PeteMilan »

Thanks again! Sorry about managing to find one more problem for you. (No idea how that happened--all I did was open it in Audacity, amplify it, and export it.)
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

It is not a problem, Pete. I'm not a techie. Who knows what happened; the computer gods just like to mess with me some times it seems. :lol:
I am sure the listeners are going to LOVE your reading, so that is what counts. All your hard work is appreciated! :D
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

Hi, am listening to this story now, but there is an error with chapter 13 (section 14). The chapter just cuts off and seems to be missing parts. I downloaded it from archive.org.
M Z Spark
(nerd in hiding!) :-)
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thanks for the heads up, Mike! I will fix it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

It is all set now, Mark. Thanks so much for letting me know! :D
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

Okay great! I'll download the fixed chapter now. Good book, a bit slow at first, but picked up nicely, and the character acting is EXCELLENT! :-)
M Z Spark
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

Chapter 25 has the same problem. Cuts off towards the end in mid-sentence.
M Z Spark
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Jeez! Thanks, Mike. Something when I re-uploaded them I guess. I did a bad job with this one apparently.
Thank you for letting me know!
-Amy
PeteMilan

Post by PeteMilan »

Thanks for listening, Mike. I hope you enjoyed the finished product.
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

There is a problem with this. On the archive page, Ch. 25 is:
http://archive.org/download/ashtonkirk_1209_pm/ashtonkirkinvestigator_25_mcintyre_original.mp3

On the catalogue page, however, it is:
http://www.archive.org/download/ashtonkirk_1209_pm/ashtonkirkinvestigator_25_mcintyre.mp3

I am assuming that the archive file is the correct one, at length 21:25. If so, it's just a matter of correcting the links on the LV catalogue page. Can someone throw some light on this, please?

(Reported on error reports: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=42284)

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Crap! I had problems with this one because we had 192 original files and I uploaded new versions at 128. And of course because nothing was going right, my connection was very slow and apparently cut short a few uploads. And I didn't check it carefully because a bunch of other things in RL were going on (blah blah) So here is another issue cropping up apparently. My bad. I will try to resolve it. :( Unfortunately this made Pete's first project hairy, but I see he is back on the launchpad with another, so I am glad it didn't turn him off. This new one will go without a hitch, I am sure. I won't jump in to MC so as not to tempt fate.
Thanks, Ruthie