[COMPLETE] Women of History by Anonymous - kb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Women of History by Anonymous (Unknown - Unknown) .
An intriguing look at well known women in history from BC 500 to the mid 1800's. Each chapter is a brief overview of one woman's life. An interesting read. (Summary by Michele Eaton )
This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page:
http://librivox.org/women-of-history-by-anonymous/

1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here
    To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you'd like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  2. New to recording?
    Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  3. Is there a deadline? March 2013
    We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.
    Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
  4. Where do I find the text?
    Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/39843
  5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)!
    If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

Genres for the project:
    historical-fiction, history, religion, short-stories

Keywords that describe the book:
  6. BEFORE recording:
    Please check the Recording Notes:
    http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:

Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  7. DURING recording:
    Please leave no more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of your recording!

Make sure you add this to the beginning and end of your recording:
    Start of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapter [number] of Women of History. - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Say:
      " Women of History , by Anonymous . [Chapter]"

End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Women of History , by Anonymous . "

Please leave 5 seconds silence at the end of your recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes!

Also, please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording:
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity (Mac/Win) has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.

Please do not put anonymous in the filename

Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    womenofhistory_##_.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is your section number. (e.g. womenofhistory_01_.mp3)

ID3 V2 tags
    (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
    Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!

Please note format for the tags

Title: ## - [Section title] example Title: 01 (section title)
    Artist: Anonymous
    Album: Women of History

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      http://upload.librivox.org
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: kb - kikisaulite
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below or PM me. :)
Last edited by wib66 on July 27th, 2012, 4:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I have done some research on the authors as each woman has a different author. I am finding it difficult to check as the book only supplies the surname of the author. Of the ones I have been able to identify they are all mid to late 19th Century authors.

It is a book from Project Gutenberg so hopefully thats enough for us to know it is PD for pretty much everyone. But people will need to check the rules for their region.

If any one has any futher information on this I would be greatful.

I will also DPL on this project. :9:
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert »

Hi Michele!

May I go ahead and claim Katherine of Aragon and Anne Boleyn? If you find, however, that this certain Tytler died after 1962, can you please just reassign me to other sections that I can record?
April Gonzales :D
blog

Marie Antoinette & the Downfall of Royalty

I will not be around the forums for quite a time but I'll log-in whenever there's time. Please PM me if you need to talk with me. Thanks!

Animo La Salle!
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Michele, I will set up things for you shortly.
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

All set up. Shout if you need anything more.

Kristine :)
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Kikisaulite wrote:All set up. Shout if you need anything more.

Kristine :)
Thank you very much for setting this up for me.
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

JohanLiebert wrote:Hi Michele!

May I go ahead and claim Katherine of Aragon and Anne Boleyn? If you find, however, that this certain Tytler died after 1962, can you please just reassign me to other sections that I can record?
Yes you may I will sign you up
Michele
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I'd like to read the Austria connection please - Maria Theresa and Marie Antoinette.

Thanks!
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Availle wrote:I'd like to read the Austria connection please - Maria Theresa and Marie Antoinette.

Thanks!
They are yours thank you for claiming
Michele
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Moving us to Readers Wanted.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Kikisaulite wrote:Moving us to Readers Wanted.
Thank you very much
Michele
JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert »

Hello Michele!

Here's section 27 - Infanta Catalina de Aragon :)
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kb/womeninhistory_27_.mp3
04:52
April Gonzales :D
blog

Marie Antoinette & the Downfall of Royalty

I will not be around the forums for quite a time but I'll log-in whenever there's time. Please PM me if you need to talk with me. Thanks!

Animo La Salle!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
wib66

Post by wib66 »

JohanLiebert wrote:Hello Michele!

Here's section 27 - Infanta Catalina de Aragon :)
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kb/womeninhistory_27_.mp3
04:52
thank you for your section
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Availle wrote:And here's Maria Theresa, a whooping 5:18:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kb/womeninhistory_67.mp3
Thank you for your section
Michele