[COMPLETE]Movies and Hollywood Short Story Coll. Vol 1-tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Deb - I, a North American, Caucasian female, recorded a first person account of a male African slave. No worries! :lol: 8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Debmiester wrote:Absolutely I'll take the plunge. Just hope I don't do something silly like drown myself. LOLOL

Deb :)
Excellent, Deb! Thank you so much! :)

I'll add you to the MW... as soon as I can gain access to it (for whatever reason, it's not loading up for me).
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Since ferngirl hasn't been around, I was going to edit her section to get it ready for cataloging. However, I noticed it's missing "Section 3 of Movies and Hollywood Short Story Collection (Vol. 001)". I'm willing to dub this in using my voice, if you're OK with that. What do you think?

Or we could shoot an email to the reader and see if she's still working on the edits, and let her know this is needed also...
Debmiester

Post by Debmiester »

Just an update, I wanted to let you know that I have not abandoned this section (10). I do have it all recorded but have to finish editing the rest of my mistakes out of it. Didn't realize there were so many german-like words I'd have to look up for pronunciation. That was a bit of work in and of itself. But, I'm happy to say it is coming along.

Deb :9:
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

TriciaG wrote:Since ferngirl hasn't been around, I was going to edit her section to get it ready for cataloging. However, I noticed it's missing "Section 3 of Movies and Hollywood Short Story Collection (Vol. 001)". I'm willing to dub this in using my voice, if you're OK with that. What do you think?

Or we could shoot an email to the reader and see if she's still working on the edits, and let her know this is needed also...
Yes, I sent a PM to ferngirl months ago about that correction and never got a response. I presume she's left Librivox and won't be able to make the correction. I'd definitely appreciate you helping me out and recording a revised intro for that file. I'm actually in the process of fixing's Scott's file for the same reason, so our combined efforts should get us one step closer to the catalogue.
Debmiester wrote:Just an update, I wanted to let you know that I have not abandoned this section (10). I do have it all recorded but have to finish editing the rest of my mistakes out of it. Didn't realize there were so many german-like words I'd have to look up for pronunciation. That was a bit of work in and of itself. But, I'm happy to say it is coming along.

Deb
No rush. Trust me, I know this story is a little tricky (to put it mildly). Heck, I know I couldn't read this story (I tried... and failed miserably), so I can imagine some of the difficulties you've had in getting this ready. Thank you for all your efforts and again... please take your time.
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
samjgubitz

Post by samjgubitz »

I'll take the last section. My mom knows Yiddish so I should be good there.

Honestly, I was looking over some of the posts, got curious, read more posts and then started reading the story and LOVED it. I can't wait to ham up this section. :)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

samjgubitz wrote:I'll take the last section. My mom knows Yiddish so I should be good there.

Honestly, I was looking over some of the posts, got curious, read more posts and then started reading the story and LOVED it. I can't wait to ham up this section. :)
Oh man, you're a life saver! Thank you so much! I'm glad someone out there is able to handle all that Yiddish! God knows I couldn't. ;)

Just added you to the MW! Glad to have you on board.
PROJECTS
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Section 3 (6:48)

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tg/moviesandhollywood001_03_henry.mp3

(Note that you DO need to change the MW link, as this one has lowercase letters.)

If you want me to spot check Scott's file, let me know. (I'll need the PL notes, of course.) DO spot check mine. I THINK I had made the necessary edits earlier, then today just added the intro, but I could be wrong on what I have done.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

TriciaG wrote:Section 3 (6:48)

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tg/moviesandhollywood001_03_henry.mp3

(Note that you DO need to change the MW link, as this one has lowercase letters.)

If you want me to spot check Scott's file, let me know. (I'll need the PL notes, of course.) DO spot check mine. I THINK I had made the necessary edits earlier, then today just added the intro, but I could be wrong on what I have done.
Thanks Tricia! Looks like we'll have this whole thing catalogue-ready very soon! :clap:

As for volume two, all the short stories have been selected... but I might wait a while before launching it. This project has been an exhausting (if rewarding) experience and I'm in no rush to immediately start this up again.
PROJECTS
Debmiester

Post by Debmiester »

Hey,

I've finally finished editing, cleaning, compressing, noise reducing and click removing this section (10). Hopefully my German is as good as my yiddish. LOL and I've caught all my mistakes. Let me know :mrgreen:

The time is 27:04 (the seconds were 3.947, so I rounded up).

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tg/moviesandhollywood001_10_glass.mp3

Deb
samjgubitz

Post by samjgubitz »

Just wanted to make sure-- When I save my file I should put, moviesandhollywood001_11_glass.mp3

Right?

Thanks!!
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Woo hoo! Thanks Deb! I'll PL this bad boy as soon as I get a chance (ie. sometime after the chaos of Election Day). Thank you so much for your contribution. It sounds great!
samjgubitz wrote:Just wanted to make sure-- When I save my file I should put, moviesandhollywood001_11_glass.mp3

Right?

Thanks!!
Yes, that's right. Thanks for checking in. :)
PROJECTS
samjgubitz

Post by samjgubitz »

All righty. Here you go. Had fun. My frustration came when my New York accent started sounding Southern. But here it is

Section 11, time 23:15
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tg/moviesandhollywood001_11_glass.mp3

Enjoy!
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Woohoo! Thank you so much! :)

I'm going to PL these today at work. Hopefully we can get this into the catalogue by either tonight or tomorrow.
PROJECTS
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I popped the links into the MW for 10 and 11 so that I could start preliminary work on cataloging. Let me know from this point whether any files get changed, so I can be sure to have the most current version in the validator. Thanks!