[COMPLETE]Movies and Hollywood Short Story Coll. Vol 1-tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
catrose

Post by catrose »

ChuckW wrote:Oh, and I think section 14 has already been PLed! So no need to listen to that one! :)

EDIT: The only sections that need PL-ing are 1, 5, and 9. Unfortunately, section 5 is only the second half of the story (the other half hasn't been recorded yet).

SECOND EDIT: THANK YOU, THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Oh, but I was enjoying Caprisha talking soooo much! :(

Section 5 PL OK! :D
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

catrose wrote:
ChuckW wrote:Oh, and I think section 14 has already been PLed! So no need to listen to that one! :)

EDIT: The only sections that need PL-ing are 1, 5, and 9. Unfortunately, section 5 is only the second half of the story (the other half hasn't been recorded yet).

Thanks Cat! I appreciate it. :)
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ferngirl

Post by ferngirl »

ChuckW wrote: Hey Ferngirl. Great job making your way through this weird little story. :thumbs: Your reading is quite good. I have some PL notes though... just minor things, really.

* At the beginning of the file, you have about seven seconds of silence before you got into the intro. For LV recordings, we require that you include about .05 or 1 second of silence.
* At the end, you need to include five seconds of silence after saying, "End of Section ______."
* I also noticed an odd sound in the background of your recording (as well as an alarm or something going "ding!"). The latter sound isn't a big problem (I doubt it could be removed), but you might want to see if some noise removal can help with the consistent background noise. I mean, if it depreciates the quality of your recording, then it's certainly manageable. But I thought I should bring it up regardless.

Again, great job. These are all very minor, technical quibbles, so you've definitely got some mad Librivox skills.

Sorry I fell off the edge of the earth - My computer had an unfortunate collision with a tall glass of water and is now no longer with us. I am just trying to get the new computer to where the old one was, with all my projects and stuff. The Audacity file of my recording died with the computer, but I think I can work on the mp3 version. Not today though, since my roommate has his girlfriend and her kid visiting and there will not be any silence anywhere... :D
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

Hi Kandice!

PL Notes for Section 9!

You will need to do some noise cleaning - I can hear what sounds like a basketball game on TV behind your recording :)

4:52, 7:15 - You stopped abruptly.

6:10 - Sounds like you missed something in editing or said "hmm" ;)

6:41, 7:24 - There is an extended silence

6:57 - There is a "bang" or "thunk" noise right before you start talking which should be easy to take out

7:43 - It should read "...drank in the appreciative comment of the crowd..." instead of "...appreciative moment..."

8:56 - It should read "...his voice, already sorely tried..." instead of "...already sorely tired..."

13:24 - It should read "...and brought on a row that culminated..." instead of "...row that cumulated..."

14:15 - It should read "...as did his camera operator..." instead of "...and did his camera operator..." (only suggest this as a fix because it changes the meaning...)

18:31 - You missed a few words. It should read "It's just soap - and a damp cloth--" "Damp cloth be hanged" instead of "It's just soap - and a damp cloth can be hanged"

You don't need to include the Librivox disclaimer and your name at the end of the recording since it is already included at the beginning :)

Overall, I really enjoyed it! You did a great job - what an excellent story!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Chuck, if any of these notes you don't agree with you know the drill - use 'em or ditch 'em! :)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Thanks Amanda! :thumbs:
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

TO EVERYONE: I will be away from my computer until August 15th. I won't have access to the MW, but feel free to upload sound files at your leisure. And sign up for roles too! We still have some mighty fine roles available for those adventurous volunteers. ;)
PROJECTS
kandi1234

Post by kandi1234 »

JoFriday21 wrote:Hi Kandice!

PL Notes for Section 9!

You will need to do some noise cleaning - I can hear what sounds like a basketball game on TV behind your recording :)

6:57 - There is a "bang" or "thunk" noise right before you start talking which should be easy to take out

7:43 - It should read "...drank in the appreciative comment of the crowd..." instead of "...appreciative moment..."

8:56 - It should read "...his voice, already sorely tried..." instead of "...already sorely tired..."

13:24 - It should read "...and brought on a row that culminated..." instead of "...row that cumulated..."

14:15 - It should read "...as did his camera operator..." instead of "...and did his camera operator..." (only suggest this as a fix because it changes the meaning...)

18:31 - You missed a few words. It should read "It's just soap - and a damp cloth--" "Damp cloth be hanged" instead of "It's just soap - and a damp cloth can be hanged"

You don't need to include the Librivox disclaimer and your name at the end of the recording since it is already included at the beginning :)

Overall, I really enjoyed it! You did a great job - what an excellent story!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Chuck, if any of these notes you don't agree with you know the drill - use 'em or ditch 'em! :)

No prob! I'll get on that right away!!

Kandi
kandi1234

Post by kandi1234 »

JoFriday21 wrote:Hi Kandice!

PL Notes for Section 9!

hey!!

ps thank u again for all that you do! I think I am going to just re record the entire section due to the basket ball game in the back ground...the sound happens too frequently you know?? ill get that done tonight!!

kandi
kandi1234

Post by kandi1234 »

here is the new section 9! running time is 18:50!

kandi

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tg/moviesandhollywood001_09_sargent.mp3
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

kandi1234 wrote:here is the new section 9! running time is 18:50!

kandi

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tg/moviesandhollywood001_09_sargent.mp3
Thanks Kandi. I'll give it a listen ASAP! :)
PROJECTS
aidanbrack

Post by aidanbrack »

Here's my section:

The Punishment That Fitted The Crime - 06:25
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tg/moviesandhollywood001_07_fay.mp3
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

catrose wrote:

Lol! :D
Caprisha

I am half agony, half hope. -Jane Austen
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Thanks guys! Sadly, I can't access the MW right now... not sure what's going on. Will update everything whenever I get a chance. :)
PROJECTS
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

kandi1234 wrote:here is the new section 9! running time is 18:50!

kandi

Hi Kandi (and Chuck)!

Thought I'd give it another listen :)

7:37 - You said the wrong word again :D It should be "drank in the appreciative comment" instead of "appreciative moment."

Other than that, it's good to go! :D :clap: :thumbs:
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

aidanbrack wrote:Here's my section:

The Punishment That Fitted The Crime - 06:25
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tg/moviesandhollywood001_07_fay.mp3

Hi Aidan!

Your file needs 5 seconds of silence at the end. :)

Otherwise, PL-OK! :D