COMPLETE [POLISH]Tajemnica Baskerville'ów

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
tojaboss22

Post by tojaboss22 »

Tajemnica Baskerville'ów by Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle (1859-1930). [Przekład z angielskiego Eugenii Żmijewskiej.] (1865 - 1923).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/tajemnica-baskervilleow-by-arthur-conan-doyle/

Tajemnica Baskerville'ów (ang. The Hound of the Baskervilles - Pies Baskerville'ów) - powieść detektywistyczna sir Artura Conan Doyle'a, wydana w czasopiśmie The Strand Magazine w latach 1901-1902 (wydanie polskie 1902). Jedna z najsłynniejszych pozycji, należących do cyklu opowieści o detektywie Sherlocku Holmesie. Jej akcja rozgrywa się na ponurych wrzosowiskach hrabstwa Devon.
Powieść zaczyna się przyjazdem dr Mortimera do Londynu na Baker Street. Lekarz opowiada Sherlockowi Holmesowi i Watsonowi historię o psie. W tajemniczych okolicznościach giną kolejni spadkobiercy majątku Baskerville'ów. Miejscowa ludność przypisuje owe zagadkowe zgony działaniu klątwy, prześladującej od ponad dwustu lat rodzinę Baskerville'ów. Holmes wysyła Watsona wraz z przybyłym zza oceanu, ostatnim spadkobiercą, sir Henrym, do posiadłości Baskerville'ów. Tam przez długi czas Watson odkrywa kolejne elementy zagadki i dzieli się z Holmesem zdobytą wiedzą.
(Wstęp z Wikipedii)
  1. How to claim a part, and 'how it all works' here
    To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are “up for grabs.” Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you’d like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  2. New to recording?
    Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  3. Is there a deadline?
    We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim (or by the target completion date, whatever is sooner). Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it’ll go back to the pool. There’s no shame in this; we’re all volunteers and things happen. The target completion date for this project is DD Month YYYY.
  4. Where do I find the text?
    Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/34079
  5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)!
    If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

MAGIC WINDOW:

(BC admin)
    ======================================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and readers (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

BC - please provide *all of* the following:
    • Number of sections (files) this project will have:15
    • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]:n
    • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available):http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Conan_Doyle(English)
    • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baskervilles
    • Short description (please state who wrote the description. This can be a paragraph copied from Wikipedia. If you write this yourself, please be aware that your summary will be in the PD):
    • Date of first publication:1902
    • Year of translator's death (note: in some countries copyright is death of author plus 50 or 70 years)
    =======================================================
  6. BEFORE recording:
    Please check the Recording Notes:
    http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:

Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  7. DURING recording:
    Please leave no more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of your recording!

Make sure you add this to the beginning and end of your recording:

PODCZAS nagrywania:
    NA POCZĄTKU wypowiedz formułkę (Wstęp):
    • "Rozdział [Nr][Tytuł], z książki "Tajemnica Baskervillów". Nagranie LibriVox. Wszystkie nagrania Librivox należą do domeny publicznej. Więcej informacji o nagraniach lub wolontariacie - na stronie: librivox KROPKA org"
    • Jeżeli chcesz, dodaj:
      "Czyta [Twoje imię]"
    • Koniecznie dodaj:
      "Sir Artur Connan Doyle [pauza] Tajemnica Baskervillów. Tłumaczenie: Eugenia Żmijewska [pauza] Rozdział [Nr] [Tytuł rozdziału]"
    NA KOŃCU też wypowiedz formułkę:
    • Po zakończeniu rozdziału powiedz:
      "Koniec rozdziału [Nr][Tytuł]:"
    • Jeżeli chcesz, dodaj:
      "Czytał/a [Twoje imię], [miasto, Twój blog, podcast, adres www]"
    • Na końcu książki dodatkowo powiedz:
      Koniec książki Sir Artura Connan Doyle'a "Tajemnica Baskervillów".
      [Tłumaczenie: Eugenia Żmijewska.]
      "
    UWAGA! Na końcu nagrania zostaw 5 sekund ciszy, a jeśli nagranie jest dłuższe niż 30 minut - 10 sekund ciszy.

Also, please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording:
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity (Mac/Win) has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.

Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    tajemnicabaskervillow_##_doyle.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is your section number. (e.g. tajemnicabaskervillow_01_doyle.mp3)

ID3 V2 tags
    (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
    Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!

Title: ## - [Section title] e.g 01 - Pan Sherlock Holmes
    Artist: Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle
    Album: Tajemnica Baskerville'ów
    Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader (when your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread):
      http://upload.librivox.org
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: arb - annise
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Any questions?
Please post below or PM me. :)
Last edited by tojaboss22 on May 26th, 2011, 5:44 am, edited 5 times in total.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

OK , I have given you and Bartek a chapter each - you can change them , I just wanted to show you how
Bartek - would you like your real name to appear in the catalogue - just let me know - some people do, some people do not - it is your decision

Have fun. It's a nice size to read and maybe we will find some other Poles somewhere who will sign up too :D

Anne
tojaboss22

Post by tojaboss22 »

Hello Baskerville Guys,

I have changed the title in the summary to "Tajemnica Baskerwille'ów", because it is the title that agrees with the Gutenberg project text (in the Wiki it is "Pies ..." - later editions must have had that title, perhaps).

I also took the date of Polish edition from the Gutenberg project (1902) - in Wiki it is 1903.

Also, the original version was published in 1901-1902 in the Strand Magazine, so why not add it? (I could not resist it).

The text to be read before each chapter etc. I took from the Magic Window of "Sklepy cynamonowe", so I hope it should be OK.

Let's begin reading, then.

Best of luck

Andrzej
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Looks good - Could you put the chapter headings into the MW too- just use the same format as I used (we need the number to make sure the chapters play in order)
Anne
tojaboss22

Post by tojaboss22 »

Hello Anne,

I could not edit the MW.

Therefore I made the contents:

01 Pan Sherlock Holmes (prokopiak77)
02 Przekleństwo rodu Baskerville (tojaboss22)
03 Zagadka
04 Sir Henryk Baskerville
05 Trzy nici urwane
06 Baskerville Hall
07 Stapleton z Merripit-House
08 Pierwsze sprawozdanie doktora Watson
09 Światło na bagnie (Drugie sprawozdanie doktora Watsona)
10 Wyjątek z dziennika doktora Watsona.
11 Nieznajomy, ukrywający się w jaskini
12 Śmierć na bagnie
13 Zastawianie sieci
14 Pies Baskervillów
15 Rzut oka wstecz

If you send me the codes that surround the text, I can add them to the contents, it will be less work for you to enter it to the MW.

I am already working on chapter 2.
There is at least one error in the text, so I corrected it.
Also I changed a bit the pronunciation of some archaic words - is it OK to do so?

For my 1 minute test I used a headphone set with a microphone, but of good quality. I wanted to still improve on the quality, so I bought a standalone mic, but the signal is rather weak and when amplified something like echo is added. Or it has to be spoken directly into, which does not raise the quality either. It cost 16 EUR, I wonder what a good quality mic may cost?

Have you received a message about a hacker? Perhaps our MW was messed up, too.

Regards

Andrzej
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

All the MWs have been disconnected from the forum as a safety measure because the forum was hacked "Normal Service will be resumed as soon as possible"

Anne
prokopiak77

Post by prokopiak77 »

Hi Guys,

I am impressed by the amount of work you have managed to turn around so quickly. I will start on the first chapter as suggested by Andrzej and claim it in the magic window as soon as it appears there. Fingers crossed I don't lisp too much... ;)

BTW Anne if you can make my name display as Bartek that would be nice

Bartek
tojaboss22

Post by tojaboss22 »

Hi Guys,

I have already recorded chapter 2.

The URL is: tajemnicabaskervillow_02_doyle.mp3

Comments:

1. There are some peaks above the 1.0 level, but I do not hear any distortion, so I hope it is OK.

2. There are a few slips, but very small I think.

Next what?

Regards

Andrzej
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Sorry - I left you this morning as I thought you would be asleep and it's taken all day to get back.
Can you access the MW now , if so you could add the chapter titles - and allocate yourself another chapter or 2 to read. I hope we might get some other people wanting to join - we will see.

I will try advertising for someone to PL for you - we will see how it goes, I'm not sure how many Polish speakers we have - it's fine if they post in Polish , if that is easier for them.

Anne

To give people chapters in the window , go in , click on the sort into reader order and you will see your name with 2 after it
Use the edit button to make it 2,3,4 or something and save and when you go back to sort into chapter order you will be showing in the window
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

tojaboss22 wrote:Hello Anne,

I could not edit the MW.

Therefore I made the contents:

01 Pan Sherlock Holmes (prokopiak77)
02 Przekleństwo rodu Baskerville (tojaboss22)
03 Zagadka
04 Sir Henryk Baskerville
05 Trzy nici urwane
06 Baskerville Hall
07 Stapleton z Merripit-House
08 Pierwsze sprawozdanie doktora Watson
09 Światło na bagnie (Drugie sprawozdanie doktora Watsona)
10 Wyjątek z dziennika doktora Watsona.
11 Nieznajomy, ukrywający się w jaskini
12 Śmierć na bagnie
13 Zastawianie sieci
14 Pies Baskervillów
15 Rzut oka wstecz

If you send me the codes that surround the text, I can add them to the contents, it will be less work for you to enter it to the MW.

I am already working on chapter 2.
There is at least one error in the text, so I corrected it.
Also I changed a bit the pronunciation of some archaic words - is it OK to do so?

For my 1 minute test I used a headphone set with a microphone, but of good quality. I wanted to still improve on the quality, so I bought a standalone mic, but the signal is rather weak and when amplified something like echo is added. Or it has to be spoken directly into, which does not raise the quality either. It cost 16 EUR, I wonder what a good quality mic may cost?

Andrzej
Answering this
You really just need to put the chapter headings as you have them in the MW
There can be errors in all PG texts - people do their best to find them all but it is very difficult - so yes fix them and the pronunciation is not a problem
I'll have a listen to your file and see about the sound - most people here start with a Logitex desk microphone , I did look it up for a French reader once and it was about 16 euro I thought. Is yours USB or the round jack sort - and have you checked that both the program and the "control panel" are recognising it ?

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It sounds really good - very nice reading. You wouldn't want the peaks any higher though but there is no obvious clipping of the waves
Don't worry about your volume , it is higher than we need it to be , so you could be a little back from the microphone.
Of course I don't really know what you are saying :D but I could tell the intro and outro were there

Anne
We also need the length (time) of the file - it helps us check bits don't drop off in transit - I have put PL Neede by your file - if you want to make it more Polish friendly just change it.
tojaboss22

Post by tojaboss22 »

Hello Anne,

thanks a lot.

The duration is 21:22, size 19,5 MB.

Right now I am busy with the Kingsmouth German Spy Case, but when the commitment is over, perhaps I will take another chapter of Tajemnica Baskervillów.

Regards

Andrzej

P.S.

The new mic I bought has simply worse quality then the one I have in the headphone set.
prokopiak77

Post by prokopiak77 »

Hi,

just to let you know I am still alive and going to record. I was away on family business and then came down with a chest infection but should record something these days

Regards,

Bartek
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thanks for keeping us informed, looking forward to your recording :D

Anne
prokopiak77

Post by prokopiak77 »

Hey,

I wanted to listen to the first chapter to see how it went but it gives me an error saying there is no file linked to it. Could you guys please check it?

Thanks

Bartek