[COMPLETE] The Red and the Black vol II by Stendhal -le

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
AmericanVoiceDk

Post by AmericanVoiceDk »

Newbie, here! I would be happy to take chapter 31.
tekksavvy318

Post by tekksavvy318 »

Leni wrote:It looks like Sandra has been away, so I took the liberty of updating the window.

@tekksavvy, the section is assigned, happy recording!

@Judith - Hello, and welcome to LV and the project! I don't think Sandra set up a pronunciation guide, but, when in doubt, you can always ask here or in the Need Help? forum. Section 01 is assigned to you.

@madcappe, thanks for all the recordings! The new sections are assigned.

@Gail, thanks for everything! ;)
here is Chapter 35 as assigned and I got to be honest (since you mentioned fun)...I didnt have much fun reading this chapter compared to PLINY the elder....

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/redandtheblack2_35_stendhal.mp3

13:44
Sharing knowledge about people who walk different walks of life is a baby step towards understanding them and librivox is a great platform for just that!
http://tekksavvy.wordpress.com
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

@madacappe and teksavvy, thanks for the recordings!

@AmericanVoiceDk - Hello, and welcome to Librivox! Thank you for your interest in this project. However, since this would be your first recording for Librivox, we suggest you do the 1-minute test ( http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test ), so we can make sure all the technical aspects are ok. Please post your test in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum, for faster feedback. Also, I need to know under what name/pseudonym you'd like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to a personal website/blog.
Leni
=================
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi Madcappe -

Sections 19 and 20 are PL OK!
Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi Teksavvy -

I've listened to your Section 35 recording. The reading is just fine - indeed, word perfect. However, I found while I was listening that your microphone set-up made for a quite "echoey" (but that isn't really the right word) recording and that it was quite sibillant. That would be OK, but there were times when I found it quite difficult to actually understand the words. I don't know what you want to do with Section 35 - whether you want to consider re-recording it - but you might want to make some short test recordings and listen through ear buds or head phones to see if you can reconfigure your microphone set-up so that your recordings are more clear and clean sounding.

I'm no expert on recording and certainly have had my own background noise and low volume issues, but there is some good advice on the Librivox help pages and also Audacity (if that is the programme that you are using for recording) has some good ways of increasing the volume to Librivox's recommended levels, like using the Leveller and Amplify tools. Leni might have some good advice too.

I hope this is helpful.

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
sailormoon

Post by sailormoon »

OMG! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Girls I'm so sorry!
I've been very busy lately (since March to be honest) and I completely relied on notifications so I thought nothing was going on in my projects....

You must have thought I died or something!
Anyway the course is almost over (9th of June) and I'll be able to come back at regular pace.

Thank you both for keeping the book :)

Sandra
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Albert Einstein

PL needed for Portuguese Solo Project - Lendas dos Vegetaes viewtopic.php?f=12&t=75802
bropops4

Post by bropops4 »

I would like to do section 04, the Hotel de la Mole. thanks very much. my tag is "Malone"
sailormoon

Post by sailormoon »

Hi Malone,

Glad to have you on board! Section 4 has been assigned to you. Hope you enjoy reading it! :)

Sandra
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Albert Einstein

PL needed for Portuguese Solo Project - Lendas dos Vegetaes viewtopic.php?f=12&t=75802
bropops4

Post by bropops4 »

Sandra, here is section 04, 37:05. I would like to do section 05, sensibility...... thank you and best wishes. malone

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/redandblack2_04_stendhal.mp3
sailormoon

Post by sailormoon »

bropops4 wrote:Sandra, here is section 04, 37:05. I would like to do section 05, sensibility...... thank you and best wishes. malone

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/redandblack2_04_stendhal.mp3
Wasn't that quick! :D Thank you so much! And 5 is all yours :)
Albert Einstein

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I'd like to claim 32 and 36, please.
Lynne
bropops4

Post by bropops4 »

I'm a bit confused about who the MC, BC, and DPLer are, but, in any case, here is section 05, a shortie at 8:51

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/redandtheblack2_05_stendhal.mp3

I'd also like to claim section 06, please. Thank you, best wishes, Malone
bropops4

Post by bropops4 »

help! at the bottom of page 276 is a typo and I can't unravel it.

"thesin amug conversation......"

any suggestions? thank you. and best wishes, malone
sailormoon

Post by sailormoon »

bropops4 wrote:I'm a bit confused about who the MC, BC, and DPLer are, but, in any case, here is section 05, a shortie at 8:51

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/redandtheblack2_05_stendhal.mp3

I'd also like to claim section 06, please. Thank you, best wishes, Malone
Hello Malone,

Thank you for section5 and I'm glad you're also taking section 6. To answer your question: The MC here is Leni, I'm the BC and our wonderful DPL is Gail :).

As for the typo on page 276, I'm a bit lost, too. I can't find a logical sentence there. Could saying "Therein a conversation..." solve the problem, if we can't find out what it is?
Albert Einstein

bropops4

Post by bropops4 »

"this amusing conversation had scarcely been interrupted" dm