COMPLETE:The Seats of the Mighty by Gilbert Parker - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
rhoffman

Post by rhoffman »

CaprishaPage wrote:I would love to be a part of this project! If no one has claimed Babette, I would certainly do that. If so, any female role will be great. :o)
I would also love for you to be a part of this. Babette is all yours. A good part by the way. I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I have been working, on the advise of a friend or mine, to make a list of pronunciations for some of the French names and cities in this book. So I was starting on that. By the way, your husband's name is already on that list. I will be posting a link to it in the MW tomorrow. It will be a work in progress for a while until I get all of the names we need. We just want to make sure we don't blunder the names of the cities and places in Quebec too badly, and then there are many French names as well. Anyway, thank you and I already added you into the MW. Welcome !! :)
JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert »

Robert, can I take Madame Cournal and Madame Jamond please?
April Gonzales :D
blog

Marie Antoinette & the Downfall of Royalty

I will not be around the forums for quite a time but I'll log-in whenever there's time. Please PM me if you need to talk with me. Thanks!

Animo La Salle!
rhoffman

Post by rhoffman »

JohanLiebert wrote:Robert, can I take Madame Cournal and Madame Jamond please?

Absolutely!!! :) :) Glad to have you April.
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

I would like to claim section 4 - Gabord - soldier and jailkeeper.

Cheers

Algy Pug
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by rhoffman »

Algy Pug wrote:I would like to claim section 4 - Gabord - soldier and jailkeeper.

Cheers

Algy Pug

:clap: That is fantastic Algy! Thank you. I know you will do a great job. I love Gabord.
rhoffman

Post by rhoffman »

Hi everyone, and thank you for taking part in this. I just wanted to let you know that in the MW is now a link to French Pronunciations ( spelled phonetically to the best of my ability) for many of the names and places we will be reading. My sources for these are google translate and also Forvo. Please check them out before reading your parts, although, it is still incomplete at this time. I will be continuing to work on it for a few days, so check back,and if there is a question about a word in your part, pm me or put it here in the forum so we can all benefit from it. Also, If you know French or have run across these words before and my phonetic spelling looks incorrect, please fear not to let me know right away. I am a novice at this part, and so.... I am depending on these other sources, so they could be wrong of course. We will go with the list as is, unless corrected by somebody who knows French and corrects any errors. Thank you, rh
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Tisha wrote:Thanks! :D
I'm ready to work. :thumbs:
You are now added in as DPL. :D
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

rhoffman wrote:
CaprishaPage wrote:I would love to be a part of this project! If no one has claimed Babette, I would certainly do that. If so, any female role will be great. :o)
I would also love for you to be a part of this. Babette is all yours. A good part by the way. I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I have been working, on the advise of a friend or mine, to make a list of pronunciations for some of the French names and cities in this book. So I was starting on that. By the way, your husband's name is already on that list. I will be posting a link to it in the MW tomorrow. It will be a work in progress for a while until I get all of the names we need. We just want to make sure we don't blunder the names of the cities and places in Quebec too badly, and then there are many French names as well. Anyway, thank you and I already added you into the MW. Welcome !! :)
Awesome! I adore pronounciation guides! :o) I am very excited! Off I go to take a gander to this girlie...
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

Roe-BEAR ( ;-) ),

Here is the first 2 for Alixe. Let me know if my accent is so horrendous you want to throw things. A little British gets mixed in on some syllables but I am concentrating very hard and trying my best! :D If it's unacceptable, do let me know. It's been years since I've played a French character on the stage!

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kd/seatsofthemighty_alixe_01.mp3

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kd/seatsofthemighty_alixe_04.mp3
rhoffman

Post by rhoffman »

JoFriday21 wrote:Roe-BEAR ( ;-) ),

Here is the first 2 for Alixe. Let me know if my accent is so horrendous you want to throw things. A little British gets mixed in on some syllables but I am concentrating very hard and trying my best! :D If it's unacceptable, do let me know. It's been years since I've played a French character on the stage!

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kd/seatsofthemighty_alixe_01.mp3

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kd/seatsofthemighty_alixe_04.mp3
Great, Thanks Amanda! You are starting us off! I won't get to listen until about midnight, but I am looking foward to it.

Thank you, for everything. Roe-BEAR
rhoffman

Post by rhoffman »

rhoffman wrote:

Yes!!! :clap: I loved it. You did great. Keep going with it like that. I know a French lady from Montreal originally who lives here now and speaks English with French accent. You almost sounded exactly like her! Great job Amanda. You set a high standard. :)
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

rhoffman wrote:
rhoffman wrote:

Yes!!! :clap: I loved it. You did great. Keep going with it like that. I know a French lady from Montreal originally who lives here now and speaks English with French accent. You almost sounded exactly like her! Great job Amanda. You set a high standard. :)
Hooray!! I so hoped I would do you proud :D I'm so excited you're happy with it!
JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert »

Robert, I am to record Madame Cournal, but I don't see her lines in Chapter 27. Can you please tell me where I might find her lines? :help:

EDIT: and here's Madame Jamond :)
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kd/seatsofthemighty_madamejamond_19.mp3
April Gonzales :D
blog

Marie Antoinette & the Downfall of Royalty

I will not be around the forums for quite a time but I'll log-in whenever there's time. Please PM me if you need to talk with me. Thanks!

Animo La Salle!
rhoffman

Post by rhoffman »

JohanLiebert wrote:Robert, I am to record Madame Cournal, but I don't see her lines in Chapter 27. Can you please tell me where I might find her lines? :help:

EDIT: and here's Madame Jamond :)
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kd/seatsofthemighty_madamejamond_19.mp3
Well, first of all, thank you for the recocrding. :) Maybe I made a mistake, it has happened before :? Sorry about that, I will check it out and find Madame for you. She is a sneaky one though. :)
rhoffman

Post by rhoffman »

JohanLiebert wrote:Robert, I am to record Madame Cournal, but I don't see her lines in Chapter 27. Can you please tell me where I might find her lines? :help:

Yes, it was my fault again. She Madame actually does appear in chapter 27, but I forgot to color code her name at the top of the page. It is fixed now. She only has four or five lines, but get ready to play the part of a woman with scorn and revenge. She pulls out a dagger, and uses it. You will see her in the the last part of the chapter. Sorry about the April. rh