(Complete) Pride and Prejudice: A Play by Mary Mackaye -mb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Pride and Prejudice: A Play by Mary Keith Medbery Mackaye .

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/pride-and-prejudice-a-play-by-mary-keith-medbery-mackaye/
This is play adaption of Jane Austen's classic novel. Be aware that the story line tends to vere from the original and lines are mismatched to the "wrong" characters, etc. :-) For example in the first act Mr. Collins and Mr. Wickham are already known to the Bennets before the Netherfield party arrives, Mr. Darcy says some of Miss Bingley's lines, etc.(Temporary summary only)
  1. Is there a deadline?
    We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1 month of placing your claim (or by the target completion date, whatever is sooner). Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after one month, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen. The target completion date for this project is 2012-Aug-25 .
  2. How to claim a part, and 'how it all works' here

To find a role to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which role you'd like to read. Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  3. New to recording?

Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/37431
  5. Please claim roles (the numbers in the first column below)! Please note: All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.

If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Please don't download files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz

Submit one file per act.
  7. Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
    [Role], read by [your name].

If you are reading stage directions, please include for each file:
    At the beginning: Act [#] of Pride and Prejudice: A Play , by Mary Keith Medbery Mackaye . This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.

At the end: End of Act [#]. At the end of the play, add End of Pride and Prejudice: A Play , by Mary Keith Medbery Mackaye .

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording:
    Save files as 128 kbps MP3 prideandprejudice _[role]_[#].mp3 (all lower-case), where # is the act number.
    ID3 V2 tags: Not needed for individual parts.

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      http://upload.librivox.org
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: mb - m8b1
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Any questions? Please post below or PM me.
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

First off, yes, yes I know how many version of Pride and Prejudice are in the catalog. :-) But this play garbled things so badly, it was a funny read, and I couldn't resist!

In this one Mr. Collins is already on the scene, and about to propose to Jane, until Mr. Bingley shows up and after one short meeting, Jane is practically engaged to him of course. (at least according to Mrs. B.) And it goes from there.....
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Maria, please feel free to choose any role for me that you'd like, small or otherwise. I've read this as a solo and read Jane in the dramatic reading, so would be happy to contribute to this one as well. :)
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

gloriana wrote:Maria, please feel free to choose any role for me that you'd like, small or otherwise. I've read this as a solo and read Jane in the dramatic reading, so would be happy to contribute to this one as well. :)
Hi Elizabeth,

Are you sure you don't have any preference? I hate having to pick! :D :hmm:
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Okay, since you have already been Jane once, I put you down for Elizabeth. :-) If you would rather read someone else or would prefer a smaller role, just say so!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert »

May I DPL? I'd sure love to listen to this drama before everyone else!
April Gonzales :D
blog

Marie Antoinette & the Downfall of Royalty

I will not be around the forums for quite a time but I'll log-in whenever there's time. Please PM me if you need to talk with me. Thanks!

Animo La Salle!
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Certainly! That would be great!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Sure, I'd be happy to read Elizabeth - thank you!
tahcolonna

Post by tahcolonna »

This project sounds very fun, indeed! :D

I'd love to read for Jane, if I might?

~ Tiffany
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Certainly ~ Jane is all yours! Have fun!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
tahcolonna

Post by tahcolonna »

Yay! Thanks, Maria! :D
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

gloriana

Post by gloriana »

rhoffman

Post by rhoffman »

Hi, can I claim the role if Mr. Bennett?
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Elizabeth, Act 3:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/mb/prideandprejudice_elizabeth_3.mp3
(16:28)

Wow, there's some really bad fake sobbing in this act. Please feel free to cut it out - or ask for a redo. :oops: