COMPLETE Satires and Profanities by James Thomson - ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
acloward

Post by acloward » March 22nd, 2012, 10:51 pm

Certainly. Total is 14:08. There are about 3 seconds silence at the beginning and 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Carolin » March 22nd, 2012, 11:01 pm

thanks aaron.

let me point to the first post for clarification on the silence, five seconds in the end is perfectly correct, but before the intro, we have this note:

Please leave no more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of your recording!

it is easy to fix, but please wait for aprils feedback to see if there is anything else that needs to be fixed :)

CK
Carolin

Challenge and surprise yourself, adopt a text from Book suggestions!

acloward

Post by acloward » March 23rd, 2012, 1:39 am

Oh my! Bless your heart for being so patient with me. I think I'm going to create my own little checklist to make sure I get all of these things correct each time.

JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert » March 23rd, 2012, 4:38 am

Hi CK and Aaron!

I just went home from school and I'm DLing section 07 now... PL notes will be posted later tonight.
(On side note, summer vacay officially starts tomorrow, I can now concentrate on PLing assured I'll become a junior next sem!)
Last edited by JohanLiebert on March 23rd, 2012, 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
April Gonzales :D
blog

Marie Antoinette & the Downfall of Royalty

I will not be around the forums for quite a time but I'll log-in whenever there's time. Please PM me if you need to talk with me. Thanks!

Animo La Salle!

Astrophel

Post by Astrophel » March 23rd, 2012, 4:41 am

This is my first time so maybe section 18 would be best. Thanks.

JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert » March 23rd, 2012, 5:44 am

Section 07 PL notes:

-intro silence about 0:04 secs in length (there should only be 0.5-1 secs)
14:03 - there is no outro, please add one ("End of Section 07, read by [*name, *location, *website]") *optional
blog

I will not be around the forums for quite a time but I'll log-in whenever there's time. Please PM me if you need to talk with me. Thanks!

Animo La Salle!

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Carolin » March 23rd, 2012, 7:43 am

thanks april! and you are joking about the summer vacation, right? i will have hardly a day away from school until august 1st :roll:

aaron, just to make this thing about the outro clear: after finishing the text, you say "end of section/chapter x" (here we dont have chapters in that sense so we say "section"). then, if you want to, you can say "read by (your name) in (city/country) on (march 23rd) (www... your blog) - whatever you like, just dont make it toooo long :)

congratulations -- the intro outro and silence come perfectly natural after you have done a few sections. the harder part is the reading itself and it seems you did great on that one :thumbs:

CK
Carolin

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Carolin » March 23rd, 2012, 7:47 am

Astrophel, welcome to librivox!

you are more than welcome to read a section for us. to sign you up as a reader, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog when everything is finally done and made available to the public. we can also link to your personal website or blog.

please also submit your one minute test before you get started on the section. this is not an audition but only a method to check on your technical settings. archive, who hosts our files, only accepts files in a certain format, so it is crucial that your software is set up correctly or we may not be able to use your files.

ill be happy to reserve you the section while you work on your test, but id need to know under which name you want to appear :)

CK
Carolin

acloward

Post by acloward » March 23rd, 2012, 9:48 am

Carolin and April,

Thanks very much! I will get the intro silence reduced and get an "outro" added...then re-post the new audio (this time with the proper file name too).

Everyone here has been so nice to work with. You have such patience with us "newbs" and help us feel welcome :wink:

Aaron

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Carolin » March 23rd, 2012, 4:28 pm

you are welcome, thats why :)

please let us know if you run into trouble!

CK
Carolin

Hultman21

Post by Hultman21 » March 23rd, 2012, 4:28 pm

I'd like to record section 06. I also have a question. When recording a quotation, is it necessary to say "quote" at the beginning of the quotation and "unquote" at the end?

Thanks,
Jacob

JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert » March 23rd, 2012, 4:44 pm

No Ck, I'm not joking here. :) In Phils summer falls on April and May... And classes starts on June :)

Hi Jacob! Welcome to the project!
When you read a quotation, you read it as part of the text, no need to 'quote and unquote' :)
Last edited by JohanLiebert on March 23rd, 2012, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blog

Animo La Salle!

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Carolin » March 23rd, 2012, 4:46 pm

jacob -- its up to you, really. whatever feels best in the context. i dont think ive ever said quote/unquote in a recording, but thats because i mostly record fiction in which chapters it wouldnt really fit in as well. so yes, do it in the way that is most comfortable to you :)

CK

eta: april -- its always better to have vacation now than later, so enjoy :D
Carolin

MARTIN GEESON

Post by MARTIN GEESON » March 25th, 2012, 5:24 am

Hi

Uploading Section 20 (Draft), good Speakers' Corner stuff -

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/satiresprofanities_20_thomson.mp3

Duration - 08:57

Best
Martin

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Carolin » March 25th, 2012, 5:43 am

thanks martin :D

CK
Carolin