FINIS [WP] A Wet Sheet and a Flowing Sea by Allan Cunningham

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miketheauctioneer

Post by miketheauctioneer »

ShaunLankford wrote:
loyaleagle wrote:Also, does anybody know what a -10dB setting is for? I have a Samson Go Mic and I'm not sure if I should be using it or not....

Thanks!
Jimmy
Jimmy,

As far as I can tell, that setting is for recording things that are loud and need to be cut back some. I would imagine that you would not want to do voice recordings on that setting.
You are getting an echo from room where you a recording. I found that my best bet for recording short of the studio was in my closet. Also that microphone has too settings one unidirectional and the other omnidirectional. If it is set at omnidirectional it will pick up noise from around the room, so you need to use the Omni directional setting. The -10db probably gives you a boost on the microphone. Try it see what happens.
Mike Vendetti
Audio Book Publisher, Auctioneer, Narrator
http://www.mikevendetti.com
Florence, CO USA
ravenotation

Post by ravenotation »

Bill Mosley

Post by Bill Mosley »

Howdy from Texas!

This was really fun for a sailor. I wondered at the title....who would want a wet sheet? Then I thought, when I'm on my Sunfish, the sheet sometimes drags in the water, and I don't usually like it. But when it's heeled over or I have to hike out, I can't help but have the mainsheet in the water. There is no other sheet on a Sunfish, but we skippers like to talk big....

So the old salt Cunningham is pretending to be wants some weather to sail by. He wants chop. Actually, I like smooth water with light breeze....

But I gave it a lusty try:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/dl/wetsheetflowingsea_cunningham_bm.mp3
1:24

Ahoy,
Bill
Bill

How did it get so late so soon?
It’s night before it’s afternoon.
December is here before it’s June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon?
~Dr. Seuss
Libertyness

Post by Libertyness »

Raven - Very nice. Very soothing rendition in contrast to some of our more wild readings. PL-OK

Bill - Wonderfully done, Bill. Great expression, in addition to being PL-OK!

Thanks all!
Liberty
CJacobA

Post by CJacobA »

-CJacobA
Tamzie

Post by Tamzie »

m sorry for the mistakes . . thanks alot libertyness :thumbs: !! i will be more careful from next time..! and i would like to be listed as Tamz . . :)
Libertyness

Post by Libertyness »

Christian - Welcome to LibrVox! Glad to have you and hope you stick around for a while! Great first reading! The only problem I found was that you didn't change the id3 tags. If you're using Audacity, when you export to mp3 it gives you the option to edit those tags- check the first post for what they should be. We can correct that on our end, so don't worry about reuploading. PL-OK! Now I just need to create a catalog page for you. What name would you like to be listed as? Most people use their forum name or real name, but it can be anything you want. There's also room for a web address to associate with your page. As soon as you get me that info we can catalog this project.

Tamanna - Here is your brand spanking new catalog page! Here you will find a handy way to keep track of all the LibriVox projects you sign up for or have completed. I forgot to ask if you wanted a url listed on that page. Let me know if you do and I can add it in. https://catalog.librivox.org/people_public.php?peopleid=7232

This project is now closed!
Thanks everyone for lending your voices to this project! It was definitely a fun one!
Liberty
CJacobA

Post by CJacobA »

Libertyness wrote:Christian - Welcome to LibrVox! Glad to have you and hope you stick around for a while! Great first reading! The only problem I found was that you didn't change the id3 tags. If you're using Audacity, when you export to mp3 it gives you the option to edit those tags- check the first post for what they should be. We can correct that on our end, so don't worry about reuploading. PL-OK! Now I just need to create a catalog page for you. What name would you like to be listed as? Most people use their forum name or real name, but it can be anything you want. There's also room for a web address to associate with your page. As soon as you get me that info we can catalog this project.

I'm actually using GarageBand and was unsure of how to edit the tags in that programme. If you have ideas, I am most open to suggestions. Please do use my forum name, CJacobA, as will I from here on! As far as the web address goes, do you mean a name for my catalog page, or my own preesxosting page? In that case all I have is a Facebook that can be used, but the catalog page can just be an extension to my forum name. That Facebook address is http://www.facebook.com/cj.albee1. Thanks so much for your help!

EDIT: found the id3 page on the wiki. Got it and will change them in the future!
-CJacobA
Libertyness

Post by Libertyness »

Christian, you are good to go! Here is a link to your new catalog page, which you can use to keep track of your LiriVox commitments and completed projects. https://catalog.librivox.org/people_public.php?peopleid=7233 Thanks again!

Liberty
Tamzie

Post by Tamzie »

yeah libertyness please do add it for me..! thnank youuu!!
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Thank you Liberty and readers :clap:

This project is now complete!
All audio files can be found on our catalog page:
http://librivox.org/a-wet-sheet-and-a-flowing-sea-by-allan-cunningham/
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
Libertyness

Post by Libertyness »

Thanks David! Much appreciated. :] I will be back for more.

Sure Tamanna, what web address did you want to use?