COMPLETE The Freedmen's Book by Lydia Maria Child - ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
ref
Posts: 709
Joined: January 16th, 2008, 12:11 pm
Location: NJ

Post by ref » July 6th, 2012, 2:42 pm

Ah, yes, life does tend to get in the way sometimes. But nice to know that when the dust settles, you can have these great projects waiting for you!

One more section from me. Take your time. I still have a few more to go and, if it's better for you to wait until they are all done before you get to PLing, that's fine. When my life calms down some, I'll try to jump in on some of your other projects :D

Section 56
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/freedmensbook_56_child.mp3
6:10

lubee930
Posts: 4656
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 1:06 pm
Location: Denver, CO, USA

Post by lubee930 » July 6th, 2012, 7:18 pm

Hi Rhonda--

All great, as usual! :)

Section 54: PL OK
Section 55: PL OK
Section 56: PL OK

It would be great to see you on one of my projects--but only if it is something that really interests you and that you would enjoy! I hope to start a couple more group projects before too long.

Have a good evening--
Kind regards,
Lucretia

ref
Posts: 709
Joined: January 16th, 2008, 12:11 pm
Location: NJ

Post by ref » July 9th, 2012, 12:29 pm

Well, I was an Econ major in college and have spent my whole career in finance so I'm sure I could find something in your Economics project but I am heading out of town soon so I am trying to finish up my last few sections here. I'll look in on your stuff when I return.

After these 3 sections, I have to go back and finished section 45 that I passed over. So close but not quite there yet!

Section 57
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/freedmensbook_57_child.mp3
2:13

Section 58
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/freedmensbook_58_child.mp3
16:42

Section 59
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/freedmensbook_59_child.mp3
1:12

lubee930
Posts: 4656
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 1:06 pm
Location: Denver, CO, USA

Post by lubee930 » July 9th, 2012, 4:10 pm

Hi, Rhonda--
ref wrote:After these 3 sections, I have to go back and finished section 45 that I passed over. So close but not quite there yet!
Hooray! Wonderful! :clap: A solo is such a wonderful achievement!
ref wrote:Well, I was an Econ major in college and have spent my whole career in finance so I'm sure I could find something in your Economics project but I am heading out of town soon so I am trying to finish up my last few sections here. I'll look in on your stuff when I return.
That would be great, if you find the time--but perhaps the subject matter of our professions is the very LAST thing that we would enjoy reading here, hmmm-mmm? :hmm: I would understand! :)

(By the way, I have to tell you--I was reading some biographical information about John James Audubon--I'm hoping to start a group project soon on Audubon--and it stated that his mother died when he was very young: "My mother, soon after my birth, accompanied my father to the estate of Aux Cayes, on the island of Santo Domingo, and she was one of the victims during the ever-to-be-lamented period of the negro insurrection of that island." And, as you would know, that information was more meaningful to me as a result of PL'ing your readings, most particularly the sections about Toussaint l'Ouverture--! And the circle goes 'round...)

I will try to listen to your sections in the next couple of days--I'm suddenly getting lots to PL everywhere! :shock:

Have a good evening!
Kind regards,
Lucretia

ref
Posts: 709
Joined: January 16th, 2008, 12:11 pm
Location: NJ

Post by ref » July 9th, 2012, 5:17 pm

lubee930 wrote:
(By the way, I have to tell you--I was reading some biographical information about John James Audubon--I'm hoping to start a group project soon on Audubon--and it stated that his mother died when he was very young: "My mother, soon after my birth, accompanied my father to the estate of Aux Cayes, on the island of Santo Domingo, and she was one of the victims during the ever-to-be-lamented period of the negro insurrection of that island." And, as you would know, that information was more meaningful to me as a result of PL'ing your readings, most particularly the sections about Toussaint l'Ouverture--! And the circle goes 'round...)
I know... I feel like I learned so much history with this project. It's great when you read something else and can make the connection :clap:

This last section I have to do is going to be challenging. Almost all dialects. Going to take some work!

ref
Posts: 709
Joined: January 16th, 2008, 12:11 pm
Location: NJ

Post by ref » July 11th, 2012, 1:59 pm

Voila!
My last section...
Sam and Andy
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/freedmensbook_45_child.mp3
29:05

Lucretia, the project is in your hands now. I await your edits. (No hurry. I know you have lots of other PLing to do!)

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42363
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Carolin » July 11th, 2012, 11:25 pm

:clap:
Carolin

Challenge and surprise yourself, adopt a text from Book suggestions!

lubee930
Posts: 4656
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 1:06 pm
Location: Denver, CO, USA

Post by lubee930 » July 12th, 2012, 5:00 am

ref wrote:Voila!
My last section...
Sam and Andy
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/freedmensbook_45_child.mp3
29:05

Lucretia, the project is in your hands now. I await your edits. (No hurry. I know you have lots of other PLing to do!)
Yea, Rhonda!!! :thumbs:

I am going to have limited access to LV for the next couple of days. But I should have time to listen to some files, and I'll try to have feedback for you later this evening. :)
Kind regards,
Lucretia

lubee930
Posts: 4656
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 1:06 pm
Location: Denver, CO, USA

Post by lubee930 » July 12th, 2012, 7:49 pm

Hi, Rhonda--
Congratulations on the completion of The Freedmen's Book! :clap: I PL'ed your final files, and all were great.

Section 45: PL OK
Section 57: PL OK
Section 58: PL OK
Section 59: PL OK

It was a genuine pleasure to work with you on this book, Rhonda--thank you so much for letting me be part of this project! :)
Kind regards,
Lucretia

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42363
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Carolin » July 13th, 2012, 12:22 am

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on the catalog page for this project: http://librivox.org/the-freedmens-book-by-lydia-maria-child/

:clap:
Carolin

Challenge and surprise yourself, adopt a text from Book suggestions!

ref
Posts: 709
Joined: January 16th, 2008, 12:11 pm
Location: NJ

Post by ref » July 13th, 2012, 6:18 am

Thank you Lucretia! It was great working with you, too :D

Carolin, thanks for getting this cataloged so quickly :clap:

See you both on the boards!

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42363
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Carolin » July 13th, 2012, 8:45 am

thats my job :thumbs:
Carolin

Challenge and surprise yourself, adopt a text from Book suggestions!

Post Reply