[COMPLETE] The Art of the Moving Picture by V. Lindsay-gu

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Guero

Post by Guero »

I listened to the most recent version of 00 on the server and it is PL OK! What a great way to start the book. :thumbs:
John
"...what kind of internal wiring in my grandmother's mind enabled her...To condense fact from the vapor of nuance." -- Neal Stephenson
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Guero wrote:I listened to the most recent version of 00 on the server and it is PL OK! What a great way to start the book. :thumbs:
Thanks Guero. Yes, I started spazzing out a little when the old file kept popping up, so I might have tried uploading the file again. And, uh, the new recording still isn't loading for me (even after emptying my cache). But whatever. As long as you heard it, I guess all that is irrelevant. :)

Thanks for the compliment, as well. I'm still wrestling a bit with my new microphone, so I'm glad it wasn't too painful to listen to.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Dave in the Fax

Post by Dave in the Fax »

ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Dave in the Fax wrote:http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/gu/artofthemovingpicture_13_lindsay.mp3

Chapter 13, shaved of excess silence.

Dave
Thanks Dave. I appreciate all of your hard work and love your reading of this chapter. :)

PL OK!
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
numbrel

Post by numbrel »

ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Thanks! Great job! This is PL OK! :) I appreciate your time and hard work!
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

My new recording of Section 01 - http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/gu/artofthemovingpicture_01_lindsay.mp3
Duration: 42:52

And now I'm going to go back to playing the role of BC. I won't record anything else until much later in the production. Promise. :)
PROJECTS
Animite

Post by Animite »

Okay, here is section 11

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/gu/artofthemovingpicture_11_lindsay.mp3

The running time of this section is 24:07.

Just to let you know, I've had some problems with low volume output while performing other recordings. I'm fairly certain the volume level for this recording is okay; however, if I need to make this recording louder, please let me know.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Animite -

The reading itself is PL OK-worthy, notwithstanding a mispronunciation of "Vachel" (which I could be wrong about, honestly... this is based solely on a Modern Poetry class I took as an undergrad!) and the dropped article in Hawthorne's novel; neither of those are big issues and do not warrant alterations. However, there are two problems that need to be addressed before this is PL OK:

1) I think you might have overcompensated for the volume. Now it's way too loud. Typically, the volume Librivox recordings should be between 0.5 and 1 in Audacity. Your recording spikes well beyond that. Lower the volume just a bit and it should sound a little less ear-splitting.

2) The ID3 tags are all wrong. It should look like this:

Artist - Vachel Lindsay (which you got right)
Album - The Art of the Moving Picture
Title - 11 - Chapter X - Furniture, Trappings, and Inventions in Motion

Otherwise, this is a really good reading. Well done, and thank you very much! Can't wait to hear the re-edited sound file! :)
PROJECTS
Animite

Post by Animite »

Okay so here's the resubmission for section 11:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/gu/artofthemovingpicture_11_lindsay.mp3

Hopefully the volume level should be lower. I used the leveler feature in Audacity along with a little negative gain to muffle the higher points in the spoken text. If I need to lower it further, let me know.

The ID3 tags should also be fixed. I apologize about mixing those up. In the last group I recorded with, they only wanted the section number and nothing else going into the track title information and the example posted in the first thread made it seem like that was way you wanted it done here as well. Live and learn, I suppose.

So there you go. I enjoyed making the recording for this section. Hopefully I'll be able to record another section or two or more to help this project on the road to completion.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Animite wrote:Okay so here's the resubmission for section 11:

Hopefully the volume level should be lower. I used the leveler feature in Audacity along with a little negative gain to muffle the higher points in the spoken text. If I need to lower it further, let me know.

The ID3 tags should also be fixed. I apologize about mixing those up. In the last group I recorded with, they only wanted the section number and nothing else going into the track title information and the example posted in the first thread made it seem like that was way you wanted it done here as well. Live and learn, I suppose.

So there you go. I enjoyed making the recording for this section. Hopefully I'll be able to record another section or two or more to help this project on the road to completion.
Sounds good, Animite! PL OK!

I'd love for you to take another chapter (or more!) if you'd like. I enjoyed your reading.

Thanks again!
PROJECTS
johngon

Post by johngon »

gahnzz.com - my little home on the vast interwebs
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Thanks John! I really appreciate it. I've give it a listen later this evening! :)
PROJECTS
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Chuck,

Can I read Section 12 - CHAPTER XI - ARCHITECTURE-IN-MOTION ?

Thanks, Todd
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

ToddHW wrote:Chuck,

Can I read Section 12 - CHAPTER XI - ARCHITECTURE-IN-MOTION ?

Thanks, Todd
That would be great, Todd. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. :)
PROJECTS