COMPLETE Christina by L. G. Moberly - ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

ChuckW wrote:Both files have been updated.

Chapter 1 - 17:29
Chapter 2 - 34:37
Reviewed - PL okay now, I updated the MW with the new times.
M Z Spark
(nerd in hiding!) :-)
LindaFredericks

Post by LindaFredericks »

MikeZane wrote:
LindaFredericks wrote:You are correct on the time for chapter 3 as 30:21 (not sure where I got the 30:14 - perhaps I was adding the 5 seconds of silence and forgot to take out the extra length.)
Do you want me to take it back to 30:14 and resubmit?
Well, if my counts are correct, you stop talking at 30:08, which means it should stop at 30:18, so it actually has an extra 3 sec of silence at the end. If you can trim those off, that would be fine, but if not we just need to update the MW to say 30:21, and that would finish up that chapter.
My counter says I stopped talking at 30:09 so I cut it at length 30:19
I hope it is okay now. If not, let me know. I am happy to "get it right" :D

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/christina_03_moberly.mp3

I really am enjoying the readings. Chapter 6 should be up tonight.
Thanks,
Linda
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

Awesome, I am so LOVING this book, it is just as sweet as a book can be. I hope it ends well! :-) Looking forward to next chapters!
M Z Spark
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Next time, please don't reupload a chapter just because of 2 extra seconds of silence. It was really ok as it was, and there is limited space on the librivox server.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
LindaFredericks

miss stav wrote:Next time, please don't reupload a chapter just because of 2 extra seconds of silence. It was really ok as it was, and there is limited space on the librivox server.
Sorry - I mis-understood your note: "If you can trim those off, that would be fine, but if not we just need to update the MW to say 30:21, and that would finish up that chapter." Is there a way to "trim those off" without a completely new upload?
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I don't think there is. But it was really ok as it was. Life are not perfect, and not lived according to the book. Librivox is a part of life, so these rules apply to it too.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

Miss Stav is the BC, I am the PL, and I reported the extra silence. This is the first time I have made note of an issue with a recording and had it be a problem.
M Z Spark
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

If this is the first time you reported an eshue in a recording, you are the luckyest dpl in the world. And please don't get me wrong, I have no complains about your note. You did your job just as you should. The problem might be mine. I am not such a perfectionist.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hi guys, to clarify -- we usually tell our volunteers not to re-upload a file with an incorrect file name or with wrong tags if that is the only thing that is wrong with a file, because the mc can easily fix the former on the server and the latter during cataloging. in this case we prefer to save our uploader an extra file.

however, i cannot fix the end silence with my mc-magic, and we do need some sort of consistency. if there is one second more or less, i think it is not worth the effort for the reader to go back and fix it and reupload. however, the line has to be drawn somewhere, and then a re-upload is justified.

thanks!
Carolin
LindaFredericks

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you very much, Linda. Would you like to read more chapters from this book?
LindaFredericks

miss stav wrote:Thank you very much, Linda. Would you like to read more chapters from this book?
I have signed up for chapters 16 & 17. Let me finish those and then I'll take more if you still need them.
Thanks!
LindaFredericks

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks, Linda.
spiritualbeing

Post by spiritualbeing »

I'm returning to Librivox after a rather long break. I would like to claim Section 23, if it is still available.

Thank you.
Tune into my music show on Hive365 every Mon (7-8 PM), Wed (5-7 PM) and Thu (5-6 PM) (all times in UTC)
https://hive365.co.uk/
Professional Ready-to-Air News Bulletins for your Internet Radio Station!
http://mtst.tv/news.html