(Complete) The Palace in the Garden by Mrs. Molesworth - mb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
illycat

Post by illycat »

The Palace in the Garden by Mrs. Molesworth (1839 - 1921) .

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-palace-in-the-garden-by-mary-louisa-molesworth/
The Palace in the Garden is the engaging story of three orphans sent to live in the mysterious country cottage of ROSEBUDS. The inquisitive children piece together the unexpected mystery of the Palace in the garden & all that goes with it. The story has a few twists. This book put me in mind of the Secret Garden. ( Summary by ilianthe )
  • Target completion date: may 30, 2012
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/36431
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!

Start of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapter [number] of The Palace in the Garden . - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Say:
      " The Palace in the Garden , by Mrs. Molesworth . [Chapter]"
    For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of The Palace in the Garden by Mrs. Molesworth . This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Palace in the Garden , by Mrs. Molesworth . "
    There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename
    palaceinthegarden_##_molesworth.mp3
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Artist: Mrs. Molesworth
    Album: The Palace in the Garden
  • Instructions for soloist: transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader (when your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread):
      http://upload.librivox.org
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      You'll need to select an MC, which for this project is: mb - m8b1
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Last edited by illycat on April 4th, 2012, 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi illycat,

I'll MC this for you. It looked as though you lost most of the formatting for the template for the first post, so I hope you don't mind, but I fixed it for you real quick. :-) Are you perhaps copying and pasting the template into a word processor? I know it is possible to lose the html formatting that way. It is best just to copy the template into the message post and edit it from there before hitting submit. I know it can be a challenge to get it all correct at first, but it does get easier.

We'll stay here for a couple of days to see if we can snag a DPL, and so people can see what is new!

Have fun!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
aravis

Post by aravis »

Hi illycat!

I'd love to DPL if I may! :D
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

I've added Elli as DPL. :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
illycat

Post by illycat »

Hi. Maria & Elli looking forward to working with you both!
Maria thanks for fixing my post! :D Yes I think the problem was that I copied & pasted into another program first instead of directly into the window.
Cheers illy
illycat

Post by illycat »

hi. chapter 1 is in the magic window
cheers illy
aravis

Post by aravis »

YAY! Downloading! :D
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Moving to "Going Solo"!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
aravis

Post by aravis »

Chapter 1 is great! :D
Elli

WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

Sounds like a good 'un!

~S~
Vision issues and routine, long travel make audbiobooks a MUST for me-- THANK YOU. Apologies in advance for ypto's in my posts.
illycat

Post by illycat »

Hi.
Chapter 2 is in the magic window.
cheers illy
aravis

Post by aravis »

Downloading! :D
Elli

illycat

Post by illycat »

Hi
chapter 3 is in the magic window.
cheers illy :D
aravis

Post by aravis »

Chapter 2 is great! :D

Downloading...
Elli

aravis

Post by aravis »

Chapter 3 is great! :D
Elli