[COMPLETE][POLISH]Wigilja Bożego Narodzenia/Dickens-arb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

Wigilja Bożego Narodzenia by Charles Dickens (1812 - 1870) . Translated by Cecylia Niewiadomska (1855 - 1925).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page http://librivox.org/wigilja-bozego-narodzenia-by-charles-dickens-2/
“Wigilja Bożego Narodzenia” jest wydanym w roku 1909 polskim przekładem opowiadania Karola Dickensa “A Christmas Carol” napisanym przez niego w roku 1843. Opowiada historiȩ nocy wigilijnej, w której wielkiego skąpca i samotnika, Ebenezera Scrooge, odwiedza pokutujący duch jego zmarłego wspólnika, ostrzegając go, że jeżeli nie zmieni sposobu życia, bȩdzie tak jak i on błąkał siȩ po śmierci okuty łańcuchami swoich win. Zapowiada wizyty trzech innych widm które ukazują Scrooge’owi wizje nocy wigilijnych z przeszłości, teraźniejszości i przyszłości. Jest to noc wielkich objawień, które na zawsze przemienią życie Scrooge’a." (Summary by Nina Brown)
  • Target completion date: 2012-Feb-05
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://pl.wikisource.org/wiki/Wigilja_Bo%C5%BCego_Narodzenia
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
    • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karol_Dickens
    • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opowie%C5%9B%C4%87_wigilijna
    • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 6
    • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: no
    • Original publication date (if known): 1909
    • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Nina Brown
      Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
    ============================================

Genres for the project:
    short-stories

Keywords that describe the book:
    Christmas, goodwill, ghost, redemption
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!

Start of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapter [number] of Wigilja Bożego Narodzenia . - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Say:
      " Wigilja Bożego Narodzenia , by Charles Dickens . Translated by Cecylia Niewiadomska [Chapter]"
    For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Wigilja Bożego Narodzenia by Charles Dickens . Translated by Cecylia Niewiadomska This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Wigilja Bożego Narodzenia , by Charles Dickens . Translated by Cecylia Niewiadomska "
    There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename
    wigiljabozegonarodzenia_##_dickens.mp3
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Artist: Charles Dickens
    Album: Wigilja Bożego Narodzenia

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      http://upload.librivox.org
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: arb - annise
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Last edited by NinaBrown on January 19th, 2012, 2:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Having spurred you on - I better MC this - back with a MW soon

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Window now open. A few points
Please don't use any accents in the file name - they cause many problems - everywhere else is fine though.
You will need to have an introduction/summary by the time it is catalogued - in Polish.

The password you have as a DPL works here too so you can manage the MW - it is part of the Soloists job description but I will help you with any problems you have - just ask :D

And now the business is out of the way , have fun with your first Solo :D

Anne
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

Thank you, Anne. Does it mean I can start uploading now or do I wait till the project is moved to the 'Going Solo' topic?
warm regards
nina
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Guess who wants to be your DPL? :mrgreen:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

NinaBrown wrote:Thank you, Anne. Does it mean I can start uploading now or do I wait till the project is moved to the 'Going Solo' topic?
warm regards
nina
As soon as you have an MC (that's me ) you can start uploading . We usually wait a couple of days here one - to attract a DPL and two - because people like to see what is new and not everyone logs on every day.

So upload as soon as you wish - and it looks like you have a DPL too. I usually wait for the soloist to agree - but this time I will just add him :D

Anne
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

Piotrek81 wrote:Guess who wants to be your DPL? :mrgreen:
Are you sure??? I've already recorded 2 (two!) parts :shock:
Thank you!

Yes, Anne, I think we can add him in :D
warm regards
nina
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

NinaBrown wrote:
Piotrek81 wrote:Guess who wants to be your DPL? :mrgreen:
Are you sure??? I've already recorded 2 (two!) parts :shock:
So...?
I don't see anything strange in PLing 2 chapters one after another...
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I'm downloading Part 1

I don't know what the LV policy in such cases is, but since you're reading in Polish I'd suggest replacing links to the English-language Wikipedia with the Polish ones:

http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opowie%C5%9B%C4%87_wigilijna
http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karol_Dickens

I used links to Polish articles in my solos.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Let's worry about those sort of things when it is cataloguiing time .

Anne
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Sure.
Anyway, both sections are PL OK :thumbs:

Ninia, could you enter file duration into the MW? You haven't mentioned it.
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

Piotrek81 wrote: Nina, could you enter file duration into the MW? You haven't mentioned it.
No problem, forgot about that. Good suggestion about the Polish Wikipedia links.
warm regards
Nina
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

2 down , only 4 to go :clap: :clap:

Anne
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

annise wrote:2 down , only 4 to go :clap: :clap:
Anne
And I want to finish them quickly and be done with this project :shock:

Only because I splurged and bought Blue Yeti microphone. I tested it and it's fantastic, but the sound is different, and I don't want to have that change half way through the project. So I need to finish using the old microphone :( and quickly find something new!

very warm regards (40 degrees today and 41 for the rest of the week)
Nina