[myst/romance] Fenton's Quest by M. E. Braddon -lz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Fenton's Quest by Mary Elizabeth Braddon (1835 - 1915) .
This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/fentons-quest-by-mary-elizabeth-braddon/
This story revolves around Gilbert Fenton, a very talented middle class businessman from London, who falls in love with a beautiful country woman far below his station. He decides to marry her anyway. But is she all that she seems? (Summary by Stav Nisser.)
  1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here
    To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you'd like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  2. New to recording?
    Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  3. Is there a deadline?
    We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim (or by the target completion date, whatever is sooner). Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen. The target completion date for this project is 2012-Dec-01 .
  4. Where do I find the text?
    Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/11720
  5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)!
    If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Magic Window:

BC Admin

Genres for the project:
    mystery, romance
    Keywords that describe the book:
    A victorian sespence novel
  6. BEFORE recording:
    Please check the Recording Notes:
    http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430
    Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  7. DURING recording:
    Please leave no more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of your recording!
    Make sure you add this to the beginning and end of your recording:
    Start of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapter [number] of Fenton's Quest. - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Say:
      " Fenton's Quest , by Mary Elizabeth Braddon . [Chapter]"

End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Fenton's Quest , by Mary Elizabeth Braddon . "

Please leave 5 seconds silence at the end of your recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes!
    Also, please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording:
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity (Mac/Win) has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
    Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    fentonsquest_##_braddon.mp3
    ID3 V2 tags
    (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
    Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use; if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Artist: Mary Elizabeth Braddon
    Album: Fenton's Quest
    Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
    Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      http://upload.librivox.org
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: lz -lezer
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below or PM me. :)
Last edited by miss stav on January 3rd, 2012, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
lezer

Post by lezer »

Hello Stav,
I can be your MC for this project. I'll be right back with the MW.
Anna
Anna
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Anna,
thanks for mcing. You brightened my day. I love working with you. Wordcounts will be in today!
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
lezer

Post by lezer »

Hi Stav,
MW all ready for use!
Can I start the project off by claiming the first two chapters, or would that be greedy? :D
Anna
Anna
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Anna,
of course! That is not greedy at all. The first 2 chapters are all yours. Enjoy and good luck.
Stav.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

That's it. The window is ready for claims.
elaineandsparky

Post by elaineandsparky »

hi stav

can i DPL this one for you :D
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Yes, Elain. You sure can.
lezer

Post by lezer »

I've added Elaine as DPL. Let's go to Readers Wanted!
Anna
lezer

Post by lezer »

Hi Stav,
Here are the first 2 sections:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/lz/fentonsquest_01_braddon.mp3
28:03
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/lz/fentonsquest_02_braddon.mp3
32:01

Now I'd like to read chapter 03 to find out whether she will accept him!

Anna
Anna
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Anna,
that was quick! Thanks for the first 2 chapters. Of course, chapter 3 is all yours. I'll give you a clue, if everything would have been alright from the begining, there was no book.
stav.
elaineandsparky

Post by elaineandsparky »

ANNA

SECTIONS 1 AND 2 ARE GREAT :thumbs:

very well read
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

May I please claim Section 15.

Thanks,

Lewis
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Lewis,
it's a great joy for me to give you chapter 15. Enjoy and good luck.
Stav.
Lewis

Post by Lewis »