COMPLETE[DRAM.READ]The Orange-Yellow Diamond, by Fletcher-lz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Linny,

Since I have a lotta chapters in this book for my role, is there some way to get to YOUR entire highlighted googledocs file as one document?

I have not figured out how to successfully read off the screen yet. (Well, the problem is that I get too much outside traffic and room noise near my computer, and also every time I scroll I get a messa electrical noise in my files.) So I read from printed-out script. What I usually havta do to get that script is cut and paste the script fragments from each chapter's MW link into one document to print - and I have managed to do that wrong on more than one occasion. (To save all that cutting and pasting I have also gone to the whole document link in gutenberg for a book and discovered then that that document is sometimes different from the MW links - after I submitted a whole narration....)

Thanks, Todd
linny

Post by linny »

I am a hardcopy reader myself. The single googledoc is hugh. I suggest treating it like a large file on the uploader. Click and then go to the kitchen for something to drink, take your time drinking and then maybe, just maybe it will be fully loaded. :wink:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18akqArGqijkMeKlvnNWYPQK7KXly5BbeMaitz0xOiWI/edit
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

The single googledoc is huge. I suggest treating it like a large file on the uploader. Click and then go to the kitchen for something to drink, take your time drinking and then maybe, just maybe it will be fully loaded. :wink:
Linny,

I have good access. Three minutes to get it all. Not even enough time for the tea to steep.

Thanks, Todd
linny

Post by linny »

ToddHW wrote:Linny,

I have good access. Three minutes to get it all. Not even enough time for the tea to steep.

Thanks, Todd
Wow, very nice. Hope it helps.
Linny
trina81

Post by trina81 »

I would be more than happy to help you out with this, Is the coffee shop girl still available? Would love to be a part of this I am new but I do voiceovers myself for series' on youtube so if I can help in anyway let me know.^_^
linny

Post by linny »

trina81 wrote:I would be more than happy to help you out with this, Is the coffee shop girl still available? Would love to be a part of this I am new but I do voiceovers myself for series' on youtube so if I can help in anyway let me know.^_^
Hi Trina,
Welcome to LibriVox. I'll put you in for the coffee shop girl but I do highly recommend you do the 1 minute test first. It will make sure all of your settings are correct before you really start recording. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

Have fun,
Linny
trina81

Post by trina81 »

linny wrote:
trina81 wrote:I would be more than happy to help you out with this, Is the coffee shop girl still available? Would love to be a part of this I am new but I do voiceovers myself for series' on youtube so if I can help in anyway let me know.^_^
Hi Trina,
Welcome to LibriVox. I'll put you in for the coffee shop girl but I do highly recommend you do the 1 minute test first. It will make sure all of your settings are correct before you really start recording. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

Have fun,
Linny
Hey yeah I can do that later once kids in bed I do have audacity, and I have to use it for My Voice actors/actresses lines as their in my series that I'm working on at the moment, :) I have HD clear Mic cam which I use but I also use the noise removal nearly all the time for my voice actors/ actresses Either their mics are too low or loads of fizzing in background, :) I will do the test later but I guarantee it will be fine. Thank you for the chance.
linny

Post by linny »

Good deal, thanks.
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Fongie »

linny

Post by linny »

Thanks Algy,
Please let Ernst know these are PL ok but to please leave me more room between lines. Even an 'he said' by the narrator should provide a break between lines.
Thank you!
Linny
linny

Post by linny »

Fongie wrote:Time to slowly get started on this great project :P

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/lz/orangeyellowdiamond_andrewlauriston_01.flac (01:33)
Fongie,
It's a family dinner and everyone is waiting on me to leave. I'll PL your file when I get home or maybe tomorrow. Sorry. :(
Fongie

Post by Fongie »

linny wrote:
Fongie wrote:Time to slowly get started on this great project :P

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/lz/orangeyellowdiamond_andrewlauriston_01.flac (01:33)
Fongie,
It's a family dinner and everyone is waiting on me to leave. I'll PL your file when I get home or maybe tomorrow. Sorry. :(
Wow, relax!! :D It's going to take quite a while to get this done you know, a few days or even a few weeks of delay in PL isn't going to hurt anyone :P Enjoy your little trip =)
And if you'd like something read differently don't hesitate to say now in the beginning, if you thought the character would be more resolute or less depressed or something
linny

Post by linny »

Fongie wrote:And if you'd like something read differently don't hesitate to say now in the beginning, if you thought the character would be more resolute or less depressed or something
Hi Fongie,
I like the tone of the character. :thumbs:

One questions though. The last line references Mr. Melky Rubinstein. I thought Rubinstein would be a long e, instead of a long i.

Any thoughts? I'm horrible with proper names but I had a friend, Apstein, that was long e. :hmm:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

linny wrote:
Fongie wrote:One questions though. The last line references Mr. Melky Rubinstein. I thought Rubinstein would be a long e, instead of a long i.

Any thoughts? I'm horrible with proper names but I had a friend, Apstein, that was long e. :hmm:
Being Melky for this book, I guess I get to express an opinion: I think of myself as a long-i kinda guy. But except when I identify myself for the personnel list up front I don't think I give my name anywhere in the book (yes, that shows I might not have read everything closely enough yet) so it doesn't really matter to me.

Thanks, Todd