[COMPLETE] The Oresteia, by Aeschylus - PL/ce

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
smijen

Post by smijen »

Oh, darn - I forgot about him! Thanks for the reminder.
Android users - try Orthografiend, a free word game from the maker of Checker.
radames

Post by radames »

I will get started working on him.
smijen

Post by smijen »

Hold on! Denny is not able to do Agamemnon, so I'll be happy to use your recording of Agamemnon. I think we need a different person for Aegisthus, unless you're able to do very different sounding voices. Would still a bit weird methinks... one person reading both of the husbands. :lol:

We should probably post Aegisthus in the orphans thread - I just don't have time tonight. Elizabeth - please feel free if you can get to it before me.
radames

Post by radames »

OOPS! Looks like I finished this one just before I came back to the site and saw your latest post.

You can be the judge to see if it is different enough for Aegisthus, otherwise you can just ignore it and use my Agamemnon instead.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/sj/orestia_aegisthus_libationbearers.mp3

It is 6min 14secs long.

StephenC
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

I suggest that we use Stephen's Agamemnon file. mb has volunteered to read Aegisthus. I've updated the MW.
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Here is the first half of the Libation Bearers:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/sj/oresteia_03_aeschylus.mp3
(39:31)

The other half is finished except for Aegisthus' lines. So Libation Bearers is essentially complete. I recorded and edited in "Part 1" and "Part 2". Feel free to steal that for The Furies, since I'll use it for "Agamemnon."

Also feel free to change the ID3 tags and the file name. I assume that this project will have 6 parts total, 2 for each play - so the first part of Libation Bearers would be part 3. But like I said, feel free to change this.

Andy PM'd me and is working on the Chorus for "Agamemnon." So things are really going along well...
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

P.S. I meant to mention: if we don't have voice credits for all the parts (i.e. "Role read by So-and-so") I suggest that we have someone record a "dramatis personae" where one readers reads the entire cast list. We did this for Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet, and it works fine. I'm happy to record such a file as an introduction to the project, if need be. smijen, let me know what you think...
smijen

Post by smijen »

I thought of that, and will record it if it comes down to that, but I think it's easier for listeners if we can match role to voice for them in the beginning. I've just got a couple more to do...
smijen

Post by smijen »

gloriana wrote:Also feel free to change the ID3 tags and the file name. I assume that this project will have 6 parts total, 2 for each play - so the first part of Libation Bearers would be part 3. But like I said, feel free to change this.
Oops - I missed this message when I last posted. No - David was thinking that Agamemnon might have to be 3 or more parts. That's why we'd been waiting to record the "part 1" and "part 2". I intended to do "section 1" through "section 7"(?) since people who don't know the story won't know which part comes first. We'll see once Agamemnon is finished. Thanks so much for all the momentum!
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

That's fine. I only recorded "Part 1" and "Part 2" as relates to Libation-Bearers. So we can leave it as-is and add in "Section 4" and "Section 5" later if that's what you decide...
mb

Post by mb »

smijen

Post by smijen »

many thanks
:)
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Wahoo! Thanks, mb! I will try to finish up Libation Bearers soon.
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Here's the second part of Libation Bearers:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/sj/oresteia_04_aeschylus.mp3
(35:00)

So now two out of three are done! :)

If I'm correct, we're waiting on the Chorus parts for Agamemnon, and then it's ready for editing. Once Andy submits his part, I will get mine done to match, edit them together, and then edit the whole shebang. Am I forgetting anything else that needs doing for this project?
ExEmGe

Post by ExEmGe »

Sorry for the delay. I had a cough/frog in throat last week and couldn't get anything done. However I'm back onto it now and will let you have a chunk in a couple of days. (I've re-done that short section I sent, Elisabeth. So please don't use it.)

P.S. What's happening about that bit at the end where the chorus split up into individual voices?
Regards
Andy Minter