COMPLETE [LATIN:poetry] Eclogae, Publii Vergili Maronis - lz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

Absolutely! The first ecloga is divided into two parts: Tityrus and Meliboeus. Which would you prefer to read? (I believe Tityrus is the longer part of the two.)
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland
clayjs

Post by clayjs »

I'll take Mopsus, if you like.

-Clay
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

Sure. :D People who speak Latin are my favorites.
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland
smarties

Post by smarties »

I think I can record both, they aren't longer than three pages.
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

Alright, no problem! :)
-- Jeffrey Rowland
clayjs

Post by clayjs »

I've finished the Mopsus (5b) section and I'm currently uploading to MediaMax (I've never used it before but I was following the dialogue about it on the Paradise Lost thread, so I'll let you know how it goes). I exported it as a .wav file per your request. Sorry if the reading's a little over-the-top; I was feeling...um...expressive. Anyway, I should have a link posted in just a few minutes.

Clay
clayjs

Post by clayjs »

I changed my mind, here's the yousendit link:
http://download.yousendit.com/D1DA24842B9EE455

Due to the seeming lack of interest, if you get desperate and need me to pick up more sections of this, let me know.

Clay
kristin

Post by kristin »

Caeristhiona is having a little bit of computer trouble at the moment. I've downloaded your file and will hold on to it in case she doesn't get back before the link expires.

By the way, I don't understand a word, but it sounds really cool. :D
clayjs

Post by clayjs »

Thanks!
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

I have returned. :) I did receive it, and it sounds lovely. Thanks so much, y'all!
-- Jeffrey Rowland
cberrius

Post by cberrius »

I love Librivox. Every time I wander in someone is reading one of my favorite things.

Please sign me up for 8b; Damon's piece is one of my favorite bits of poetry in any language. Once I've done that I will happily split the rest with whoever is interested!

Thanks so much for setting this up.

Berry, veteran of the Thucydides project (and other hard cases)
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

cberrius wrote:I love Librivox. Every time I wander in someone is reading one of my favorite things.

Please sign me up for 8b; Damon's piece is one of my favorite bits of poetry in any language. Once I've done that I will happily split the rest with whoever is interested!

Thanks so much for setting this up.

Berry, veteran of the Thucydides project (and other hard cases)
Oh, hooray! :) If you like we're also doing this in English...and it's equally had to find readers. :D
-- Jeffrey Rowland
Justin Brett

Post by Justin Brett »

I'm willing to give Eclogue 4 a go. (After all, I am supposed to teach the stuff...)

Justin
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

Hooray! That is my favorite one. :)
-- Jeffrey Rowland
Justin Brett

Post by Justin Brett »

Funny. I don't feel like too much of an idiot talking to my computer in English, but talking to it in Latin is odd.

Here are the first ten lines of Eclogue 4 as a sort of voice test - is this the sort of thing you had in mind? (My pronunciation is idiosyncratic, I know...)

http://www.mediafire.com/?8jdzjzztihn

If it's OK, great, I'll get on with the whole thing. If not, let me know what needs to change and I'll see what I can do. Some things might be hard to unlearn, though.

Justin