COMPLETE [LATIN:poetry] Eclogae, Publii Vergili Maronis - lz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
smarties

Post by smarties »

Hi, I can do ecloga III, I've seen you have split it in three part, but there's no need. It's only one part in wich there are three different character.
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Hi Caet: I tried to download the 2 completed readings, I get:

LV
the mp3 files are fine on the server
but at present they can only be accessed through ftp
this should be remedied soon
so sorry for the ... grr ... inconvenience
non-LV
hmm, that link didn't work, maybe the url has a typo

I will be ready to listen to them when this is fixed, at your convenience.
kristin

Post by kristin »

Links fixed, try it now.
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Proof listening comments:

Sec 1 - Ecologue 1: OK! - but after End of Ecologue 1, there is again as much reading. Is she reading another ecologue? I hope so!

Sec 10 - Ecologue 10: OK! There is a slight stumble about half-way thru which I could edit out.

While these links allow me to listen to them in quick-time, they don't allow me to download the files. I will be glad to fix them when this becomes possible. :)
Last edited by kmerline on February 15th, 2007, 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

kmerline wrote:Proof listening comments:

Sec 1 - Ecologue 1: OK! - but after End of Ecologue 1, there is again as much reading. Is she reading another ecologue? I hope so!

Sec 10 - Edologue 10: OK! There is a slight stumble about half-way thru which I could edit out.

While these links allow me to listen to them in quick-time, they don't allow me to download the files. I will be glad to fix them when this becomes possible. :)
Hmm, I will check the links again... :( This one seems to be having problems. As to the "reading another again," the Eclogue comes in two parts which I have to edit together. :) But I am glad there are no stumbles.
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland
kristin

Post by kristin »

I am able to download both files. I would guess it has to do with your quicktime settings. You might try right clicking on the links and see if it lets you save them that way. (I don't often use quicktime so that may not work.)
smarties

Post by smarties »

Hi I've uploaded the ecloga 3, here's the link:
http://download.yousendit.com/2D08367B2E5F32D4; it's 8,28 min.
let me know if there are problem.
marty
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Mea culpa! I just discovered that the quicktime business happens only when I'm using Firefox. I just downloaded it to facilitate uploading, and there must be a default setting somewhere I have to change. :oops:

Sorry!
smarties

Post by smarties »

Sorry for asking but did you receive my mp3? I see that the list is not yet updated, I had had some problems uploading my file the last time so tell me if I have to resend them.marty
kristin

Post by kristin »

When I click on the link I get a page telling me it cannot be found. However, I don't know if this is a temporary glitch or if the upload didn't work. (Though I'm leaning toward an upload problem, yousendit occasionally has problems.)
[size=75]Whereas story is processed in the mind in a straightforward manner, poetry bypasses rational thought and goes straight to the limbic system and lights it up like a brushfire. It's the crack cocaine of the literary world. - Jasper Fforde[/size]
smarties

Post by smarties »

I sent it again, here is the new link
http://download.yousendit.com/AE41A4EC0A6C120C
I hope it'll work now.
superbalance

Post by superbalance »

I'd like to record the fourth ecloga. I'm italian and I've studied Latin.
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

superbalance wrote:I'd like to record the fourth ecloga. I'm italian and I've studied Latin.
Sure thing! If this is your first recording, I'll need your name as you'd like it to appear in the catalog, and your url or blog if you'd like us to link to it. (If you've already given the information to another MC, don't worry about giving it again.)
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland
superbalance

Post by superbalance »

I've already recorded for Divina Commedia but it hasn't been published yet.
Anyway, I'd like to appear as:

Andrea Bellini
http://audiolibri.blogspot.com/

thanks
kristin

Post by kristin »

I will be out of town and away from technology for a few days. I'll be back on Saturday.
[size=75]Whereas story is processed in the mind in a straightforward manner, poetry bypasses rational thought and goes straight to the limbic system and lights it up like a brushfire. It's the crack cocaine of the literary world. - Jasper Fforde[/size]