This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/christmas-carol-collection-2011-by-various/
This year's LibriVox selection of traditional Christmas carols
- Feel free to choose any Christmas carol, in any language, which is in the public domain.
- There are some links to carol books in this post.
- Each singer may submit as many carols as they wish (well, within reason ).
- If you are unsure about the public domain status of words, music and arrangement, please post here with full details of the source before you record, so that we can be sure that everything is out of copyright. Any accompaniment must be performed by yourself.
- More sections will be added if necessary
If you want to check what has been included in previous Christmas collections, look at these:
But remember, it doesn't matter if it has been recorded before. A choice of voice is always welcome at Librivox!
Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Standard PL
BC Admin Recording Notes:
- Set your recording software to:
- Channels: 1 (Mono)
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
- Channels: 1 (Mono)
- At the BEGINNING Say: "[Title] by [author], *sung in [language] "This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox Recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit Librivox.org"
- At the END, say: "End of [Title], by [Author Name]"
- If you wish, you may also say: "Sung by [your name]."
- Please leave 5 seconds of silence at the end of your recording.
- Need noise-cleaning?
Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.xx.of Audacity (Mac/Win) has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
- Save files as
128 kbps MP3
File name all in lowercase: [carol's title]_[author's last name]_[your initials].mp3
(File name all in lower case, and title all in one word with NO leading articles (the, a, an) and NO SPACES)
- ID3 V2 tags
(To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/How_to_Add_or_Edit_ID3_Tags)
Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!
Title: Language - Title (e.g. Hark the Herald Angels Sing)
Artist: Author name (e.g. John Wesley)
Album: Christmas Carol Collection 2011
Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
- Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
Please include the following information:* Link to the text (and music) source
* Author's/translator's (and composer's) name, birth and death dates
* Title of the carol
* Duration (runtime) of the file in mm:ss
* and if this is your first recording: how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal web site/blog.
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader (when your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread):
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: rg - RuthieG
- If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Please post below or PM me.