COMPLETE - Bleak House, by Charles Dickens - AF/ez

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HeartofTexas

Post by HeartofTexas »

Hi Everybody--
I'm up to the missing Chapter 15. It's not essential that I listen to the book straight through, but it'd be kind of nice if I could. Does this look like it's forthcoming, or should I just plow on through with what we have?

Just wondering :)
Susan
ofTexas-Susan
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

I'm not sure Cynthia is following the chapter in the order. I thought so but there are some missing now if it were so.
I've asked her via e-mail as well.

Cheers,
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Chapter order not mentionned in the last mail from Cynthia.

Chapter 15, 19, 34 and 35 have been added.

We're missing (or have they not been recorded yet?): end of chapter 14, chapter s 24, 25, 28 and 33.

Thanks again for prooflistening, Susan. :)

Kara, do you want to lighten your server a bit? There are a few files that could be taken off, I think. Thanks for moving them around as they come. :)

Cheers,
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »

HeartofTexas

Post by HeartofTexas »

It has definitely been my pleasure!
ofTexas-Susan
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Chapter 37 is there.
Ezwa

Boileau

ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Edited chapters 19, 22, 23 and 27 on the server.

One paragraph is missing for chapter 27 (see note).
End of chapter 14 still needed.
And one sentence of chapter 3 might need re-recording.
Ezwa

Boileau

HeartofTexas

Post by HeartofTexas »

Just to check in--I'll be catching up on the listening the next couple of days. We've been getting ready for a houseguest.
ofTexas-Susan
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

acrobatty wrote:Hello Everyone,

I returned from a belated big birthday celebration in Tucson, AZ with family and friends. (It was there as I figured people would rather go there in February than come to Illinois in June, my real birthday!.) I specified "no gifts", but a few people defied me.

A dear friend from law school attempted to make a donation to Librivox in my name, she told the assembled company, and related how astonished she was when she was told in no uncertain terms, "this is an all volunteer organization, we don't have a checking account, we don't have money, we don't use money, we don't need money...."

She made a donation to Chicago-Kent Law School instead!

I will get back to work on BH soon.

Acrobatty
Ezwa

Boileau

HeartofTexas

Post by HeartofTexas »

Acrobatty:

Nothing wrong with Illinois in June! But we do tend to get friends and relatives from the the north visiting us these months (like now!). Welcome back! I've got some catching up to do myself, so don't go too fast!
ofTexas-Susan
HeartofTexas

Post by HeartofTexas »

Hey everybody. I can't remember if I've said this before, but I can't find the file for Chapter 28. Is it anywhere I can get to it???

Thanks!
ofTexas-Susan
kayray

Post by kayray »

I'm so sorry, I had to take my uploader down due to critical space issues on my server (the same server that hosts LibriVox). Acrobatty's files are safe, but not accessible right now. I hope to be able to make them available again this weekend.

So very sorry!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
kayray

Post by kayray »

Here is 28 for you, Susan:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4wnnemmgflj

Let me know if you need any others!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Kara, would you like me to save them on another server when we can access them all again ?
Ezwa

Boileau

asy

Post by asy »

I'm really looking forward to this project being published! I started reading Bleak House, but I just NEVER find time to sit and read for that long.

Can't wait! Good onya Acrobatty for doing it!

asy :D
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

A few more chapters are linked to.
Ezwa

Boileau