annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thank you Brendan :D

Anne
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

section 5 is great! :thumbs:

i have only one very small note: there are ten seconds of silence in the end of the recording, but only five are needed.

CK
uncommon

Post by uncommon »

Carolin/Anne,

Re-upload corrected S5.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/histengljames19_05_macaulay.mp3

Duration 23:50

Silence reduced. Sorry about that.

I'm very glad of the feedback, I've had some breathing difficulties in the last 18 months, which (seem) to be easing. That was the first recording I've done in a year in which I was able to read more than a sentence without a break. That can lead to a, "poppy," stop/start recording. Babbington's sentences can be murderously long, and the tenses awkward, so a decent lungful is vital.

If you had heard wheezing and stuff in the creases, that would be less than perfect. I thought it was okay, but I'm never sure till another pair of ears is on it.

So, aside from the stupid 10 seconds, which I consistently get wrong, that's very optimistic. I really enjoy ole Babbington. It's kinda like listening to Fox news, circa 200 years ago, with immensely lengthy sentences:)

brendan
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

no, you did a really good job :thumbs: i know just what you mean with the long sentences, i have asthma myself so im in a similar situation. i really didnt hear anything strange in your breathing or otherwise, so you must have done an excellent job also in your editing!

CK
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I think breathing is more "visible" to the reader than the listener - I have had bits that I read that sounded like I had just finished the marathon to me , but didn't seem to worrry anyone else. As someone once said round here , they would sooner the reader sounded like they were alive :D

Anne
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

annise wrote:As someone once said round here , they would sooner the reader sounded like they were alive :D
thats a great way to put it :D

section 8 is pl ok!

CK
uncommon

Post by uncommon »

Anne,

I've got section 06 done, but I was thinking it was a bit long for 3 k words and come to the finish line it was actually 53 minutes and according to my word processor, about 6300 words.

I've checked the starting words and the ending words and they are correct. Unless my meds are getting the better of me....

I'm not fussed, it's done, but is 53 minutes too long?

brendan
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

:oops: Sorry about that. 53 mins is fine - we only aim for it to be able to be burned to a cd in cd format - a lot of listeners work that way.
As all the sections are about 20 30 mins it would be nice - but not essential - to split it - it would have to be 6a and 6b , otherwise I would need to get all the other readers to change their intros (as a plus you would be credited with reading 2 chapters in your stats :D) but if you cringe at the thought don't worry

Anne
uncommon

Post by uncommon »

"53 mins is fine"

Anne,

For reasons of time, would you mind if I upload the file I've done as one hit?

I promise to make sure in future, when I do set-up to check length of assignment.

"credited with reading 2 chapters in your stats :D"

Heh, I had absolutely no idea stats were kept. I am getting happier with my work, so maybe I should know. I ought to run around hoovering up all the little 10 minute chapters, eh? :)

Upload follows.

brendan
uncommon

Post by uncommon »

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

bremdan, the track is completely empty - 53 minutes of silence! would you please check it and re-upload? or is the problem on my end? :?

CK
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

:shock: No it doesn't work for me at all , just 53 minutes of nothing - I do hope it is an uploading clitch :shock: :shock:

Anne
uncommon

Post by uncommon »

Anne/Carolin,

Ooops, sorry.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/histengljames19_06_macaulay.mp3

Section 06

Duration 53:43

With sound, this time.

brendan
hamsterfluff

Post by hamsterfluff »

Section 10 has been uploaded, with a final run time of 18:52.
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/histengljames19_10_macaulay.mp3
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thanks Brendan - I'm glad you still had the file [wipes sweat from brow]

Thank you hamsterfluff :D

Anne