COMPLETE: Teddy's Button by Amy LeFeuvre - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
rharder

Post by rharder »

Teddy's Button by Amy LeFeuvre (1861 - 1929) .

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page here:

http://librivox.org/teddys-button-by-amy-lefeuvre-2/

Teddy loves to tell the story of how his father heroically died on the battlefield and guards his button jealously. But this brings contention and strife when a new girl comes to town. Teddy begins to learn what it means to be a soldier under Christ, his Captain. (Summary by GabrielleC)
  • Target completion date: 2012-Sep-12 (already completed)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/10880
  • Type of proof-listening required: standard
  • This is a second recording of this book.
IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
Additionally, I have the M4B version of this reading available, though it may need modifications after the PL reviews it. -RH

Genres for the project:
children, religion

Keywords that describe the book:
button; soldier; sailor; Jesus; captain; love

[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!

Start of recording (Intro)
  • "Chapter [number] of Teddy's Button . - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name]"
  • Say:
    " Teddy's Button , by Amy LeFeuvre . [Chapter]"
For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
  • "Chapter [number] of Teddy's Button by Amy LeFeuvre . This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name]"
  • Only if applicable, say:
    "[Chapter title]"
End of recording
  • At the end of the section, say:
    "End of [Chapter]"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "End of Teddy's Button , by Amy LeFeuvre . "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

[*]Example filename
teddysbutton_##_lefeuvre.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is your section number. (e.g. teddysbutton_01_lefeuvre.mp3)

[*]Example ID3 V2 tags
Title: ## - [Section title]
Artist: Amy LeFeuvre
Album: Teddy's Button

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
    http://upload.librivox.org
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: jo - knotyouraveragejo
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
[/list]
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'm a bit confused here - when you made the coverart did you make it for this or for the existing project ? At the moment it has been added to the existing project - it can be changed but I need to be sure what you intended ?

Anne
rharder

Post by rharder »

Both, I guess.

There wasn't any art before, but can the art be the same for both recordings?

-Rob
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Not really - someone will make one for the other in time :D

Anne
rharder

Post by rharder »

annise wrote:Not really - someone will make one for the other in time :D

Anne
Oh, well I guess I can find another cute illustration for the second book cover and make a similar one.

-Rob
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Just use yours for this - it is easy to remove the link - in fact I am doing it now.

Anne
rharder

Post by rharder »

Thanks, Anne. Sorry for the confusion. -Rob
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

OK Rob, I've set this up for you so you can go ahead and upload your files to my folder and fill in the magic window.
Jo
rharder

Post by rharder »

knotyouraveragejo wrote:OK Rob, I've set this up for you so you can go ahead and upload your files to my folder and fill in the magic window.
OK, files uploaded. Now is the hunt for PLs? -Rob
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Hi, if you like I can be your DPL for this project, I always loved this book, I have not read to it for a long time, and this would be a good opportunity :)
~Tiffany
rharder

Post by rharder »

fiddlesticks wrote:Hi, if you like I can be your DPL for this project, I always loved this book, I have not read to it for a long time, and this would be a good opportunity :)
That would be great. Thanks for volunteering. It's a family favorite for us too.

-Rob
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

I've added fiddlesticks as DPL and sent magic window login info via PM for entering PL notes. Moving us to Going Solo :)
Jo
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Well the proof listening is done. There was only that one section with any problems. I can listen to it again when it is fixed up :)
~Tiffany
rharder

Post by rharder »

I fixed track seven. Please check it out when you can: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/jo/teddy_07_feuvre.mp3

-Rob
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Track 7 is good, no problems at all :D

I just realized when logged on that I had taken the time off of each recording :roll: Do you want me to put them back on?
~Tiffany