[GROUP] Elsie's Womanhood by Martha Finley -ba

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
EarthAjna

Post by EarthAjna »

I know it's getting down to where only my sections are left and I just wanted to let every one know I am waiting on a much needed microphone cord that should be arriving early next week. I expect to have all chapters submitted soon after it arrives.
"When what's written wants weaving, one's will rents reading" (@;~ EarthAjna
GabrielleC
Location: Texas - where the most beautiful multi-function oven is located. :lol:

Post by GabrielleC »

Thank you for checking in, EarthAjna! That is perfectly fine. :D
~Gabrielle
EarthAjna

Post by EarthAjna »

Here is the first recording, section 16, of the three I have signed up for. Should have the other two done by the close of next week.

length: 19m 44s
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ba/elsieswomanhood_16_finley.mp3

*****NOTE: This will be my 2nd completed submission. I had a few minor issues with my 1st and hopefully have fixed them. These issues were that my recording was in stereo and that something was awry with my ID3 tags. If either of these are incorrect, please let me know how to fix them, so as to not continue making the same mistakes in the future.********
GabrielleC
Location: Texas - where the most beautiful multi-function oven is located. :lol:

Post by GabrielleC »

Thank you for the recording, EarthAjna!
I checked on the two things you mentioned real quick, and you're good to go. :) The recording did make it into mono. The ID3 tags are just a little bit off - it just has a 16, instead of the full title which should be 16 - Chapter 15. No need to re-upload just for that though as it is something that can be easily fixed by the MC during cataloging.
The DPL should be around shortly to let you know about the rest! :D
~Gabrielle
EarthAjna

Post by EarthAjna »

I just realized that I have an error in my my section 22, chapter 21 recording. I have just deleted my last post and will post the corrected recording shortly. Sorry for any mixup.
EarthAjna

Post by EarthAjna »

Ok. Here is the corrected Section 22, Chapter 21 recording. I actually must have been listening to an old edit, so there are only slight differences between the two :oops: . I anticipate finishing my final section, Section 23, Chapter 22, sometime next week. Sorry for the delay and my mixup. And thank you all, again, for your patience. I am in between homes; so free time right now is scarce.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ba/elsieswomanhood_22_finley.mp3
duration: 30min 13sec
GabrielleC

Post by GabrielleC »

Thank you, EarthAjna! Change duly reported, and the MW is updated.
No worries about the next recording - I completely understand time issues. :)
~Gabrielle
EarthAjna

Post by EarthAjna »

I know I said I was going to be done weeks ago, but I have been in an environnment that does not have easy access to the interent or computers for that matter! I am, however, truly going to be done, sometime this week - as in before this Friday. I have been diligently editing the last chapter, which of couse, needed the most :help: But along with giving this final update before the final submission, I also wanted to see if the other three chapters that will be left are now orphaned or if they are still actively being worked on. If so, I would be happy to take one on to start out with; and if there are no other grabbers as I approach it's completetion, I may be able to take on the other two. This will depend on my amount of time, and the space and environment I find myself in. So please let me know if I can help out in this way, and thank you AGAIN for your patience.
GabrielleC

Post by GabrielleC »

Thank you for checking in EarthAjna. :)
I have orphaned sections 17-19, and once you send in section 23, I can give them to you one at a time if you still want them.
I'm off to contact the DPL to check on the status of the files that have been sent in. :)
~Gabrielle
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

Hi, by way of explanation, I was in the hospital for much of June, and I took July to recuperate. I am easing back into my old routine now, so I am grabbing those two files to PL.

Sections 22 and 16 have been downloaded, so I will review those and post feedback.
M Z Spark
(nerd in hiding!) :-)
bart
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by bart »

Welcome back Mike. All is well now I hope?

Bart
Alle Nederlandstalige projecten op de Librivox Boekenplank
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

Kind of sort of. I am going to be in treatment for a while, and still may need surgery anyways, but hopefully not. In the meanwhile my systems seem to be coming back online one at a time as I heal, so I figured I should be ready to start picking up a few more things now. I was avoiding doing much of anything since getting out, but am sticking my toe in the water now so to speak. :-)
M Z Spark
bart
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by bart »

Well at least it's good to have you back. I hope LV will be relaxing for you.

Bart
Alle Nederlandstalige projecten op de Librivox Boekenplank
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

Thanks Bart. :-)

Section 16 and 22 are PL okay.
M Z Spark
wib66

Post by wib66 »

could I read section 17, 18 and 19 please
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi