bart
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by bart »

Welcome, they are yours!
Alle Nederlandstalige projecten op de Librivox Boekenplank
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
GabrielleC
Location: Texas - where the most beautiful multi-function oven is located. :lol:

Post by GabrielleC »

Thank you Michele! :)
~Gabrielle
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

Did I miss something? Those sections are already flagged as PL OK?
M Z Spark
(nerd in hiding!) :-)
GabrielleC
Location: Texas - where the most beautiful multi-function oven is located. :lol:

Post by GabrielleC »

<.>Facepalm<.>
I must not have been paying attention when I put them in the MW...they really aren't PL OK. So sorry for the confusion. :(
~Gabrielle
EarthAjna

Post by EarthAjna »

Hello Everyone
I know in my last post I stated that I would be submitting my final chapter and as of yet that has not happened. Well without going into too many details and needless excuses let me just say that I will never let my computer get hot (let alone warm!) again. As of tonight, I am still waiting to hear back from the technician who is attempting to salvage the data off the hard drive. Now, if any of you are thinking "see that's why you always back up..." let me just say that unknowingly picking up a hot computer can be somewhat startling and it must have been instinct that dropped the scalding object to the hard wood floor with the backup media attached to it (also with the technician who is more optimistic about its data retrieval than the hard drive's.)
So, here I sit this evening, with a Macbook Pro, (a machine I thought I would never touch, let alone be using as my primary computer due to my horse with the blinders on Window's mentality :oops: ) to setup the recording software and record this last chapter of mine. Which, if I am not mistaken, so ironically begins with
'Calm me, my God, and keep me calm,
while these hot breezes blow;
be like the night wind's cooling balm upon Earth's fevered brow.'
:birthday: :hmm:
"When what's written wants weaving, one's will rents reading" (@;~ EarthAjna
GabrielleC

Post by GabrielleC »

Thanks for checking in, EarthAjna!
I can give you a bit more time - there is still one other chapter that's not yours that we're waiting for, and since that same reader has recently submitted some sections to the project, I can afford to give some time to both of you. :)
Hope all goes well with your computer - and that you don't fall so in love with your Macbook that you don't like windows when you go back to it. :lol: I'm a Linux user myself actually...and haven't touched a Macbook either. I hope you get your data back, though...that can be quite a pain to lose. :P
~Gabrielle
EarthAjna

Post by EarthAjna »

Thanks for understanding.
I will submit the chapter as soon as possible. And will keep in contact lest any other difficulties should arise. As soon as I figure out some settings here on this machine I should be ready to go. My tech friend is coming by my place tonight to help me with the installation part of things. So, hopefully, by tomorrow I should be ready to start recording. I have a feeling I'm gonna like it more than I currently do - after I understand a few of the processes that I never had to think about or even try to understand with Windows :oops: . And here he is...till next time....
EarthAjna

Post by EarthAjna »

*******UPDATE**********
I wanted to let everyone know that I have successfully downloaded Audacity and Lame and have completed configuring the program with the correct recording settings. There were issues with my administrative password that took some time to go around, but the Mac has not let me down in this - in fact, I am quite impressed at the versatility of options that were available to me in such a state. So I, just to reinforce that success is mine, am going to submit a test recording to make sure all is well. Once I get the o.k. from that I will be in the home stretch toward completion.
Thanks for all your patience.
GabrielleC

Post by GabrielleC »

No Problem - thanks for checking in! :)
~Gabrielle
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
GabrielleC

Post by GabrielleC »

Thank you, Michele. :)
~Gabrielle
EarthAjna

Post by EarthAjna »

This should be the last time I check-in; :clap: for my next posting will contain my final recording :clap: . I have successfully recorded and am doing some editing. I anticipate later this evening or tomorrow to be posting the last chapter here for proof-listening. Thank you so much for understanding and allowing me the extra time. I really enjoy doing these recordings and can't wait to hear the completed work in its entirety.
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

Chapters 16-18 are all PL OK.

That leaves 1 chapter that needs an edit, and the one chapter that needs to be completed and we will be done with this book! Yay!

PS - Chapter 18 was probably the sweetest chapter of the entire book. It was just so nice.
M Z Spark
(nerd in hiding!) :-)