[GROUP] Elsie's Womanhood by Martha Finley -ba

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Bedelman

Post by Bedelman »

Just wanted to let you know that I've completed and sent in Miss Cayley and am now undertaking Elsie, Chapter 9. My question to you is....do you want it to have a southern flavor? Or just read it 'straight'? That's the only thing holding me back from beginning.

I should have it to you in a weeks time.

Barbara
GabrielleC
Location: Texas - where the most beautiful multi-function oven is located. :lol:

Post by GabrielleC »

Thanks for checking in, Barbara!
I had myself been neglecting this project for a while - MZ's post was merely a timely reminder for me. :)
~Gabrielle
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

I didn't want it to go to abandoned, so I try to post to all the books I am involved with at least monthly.

The other chapters are read straight, I think. It's really up to how you would like to read it.
M Z Spark
(nerd in hiding!) :-)
Bedelman

Post by Bedelman »

Straight it is then! And so much easier! :clap:
Bedelman

Post by Bedelman »

Ok, here is the url for my chapter

It came in at 15 minutes 8 seconds. I hope I uploaded it correctly and that volume is ok. I have compressed it.....but didn't enhance volume. It sounded ok to me. Let me know if you need any changes etc....

Thanks,
B

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ba/elsieswomanhood_10_finley.mp3
GabrielleC
Location: Texas - where the most beautiful multi-function oven is located. :lol:

Post by GabrielleC »

The volume is good! It's at 90.4 db, and that is well within the buffer for our target of 89 db. :)
Thanks for the file! Would you like to take any more sections? :D

Note to everybody: sections 11-16 have been orphaned. :)
~Gabrielle
Joyron

Post by Joyron »

This looks like something I would enjoy reading.
You can post me for all the available sections if you like, although I know that waiting for me to complete 15 readings might make the project slower than you want it to take.
Just let me know how many sections will work for you.
Joy
GabrielleC

Post by GabrielleC »

Hi Joy! It is nice to see some more activity around here! :D
Just so you don't feel overwhelmed with this, I'll give you three sections for now, and then you can request more when you are done with them. :) That way we can leave it open for other readers if something comes up and you aren't able to finish them for a while. :)
Does that sound good to you?
I'm going to go ahead and put you down for sections 11-13. However, please let me know if there are other chapters that you would prefer to do. :)
~Gabrielle
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

Hi Joy! She's a great reader too, I've PL'd her books before. :-)

Oh and I see another chapter's up. I'll grab that Friday.
M Z Spark
(nerd in hiding!) :-)
Joyron

Post by Joyron »

Sounds great. I will get to this on Tuesday, when I am off work.

Hi Mike! Fancy meeting you here! :lol:
Joyron

Post by Joyron »

Upload successful. URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ba/elsieswomanhood_12_finley.mp3

18:41
I read chapter 11 first...somehow got confused thinking I was not supposed to read chapter 10. It was the section vs chapter numbers that threw me.
So, chapter 10 will be next.

Joy
GabrielleC

Post by GabrielleC »

Thank you, Joy!
I know, those incongruous numbers kept throwing me off, too. :P Especially since I like to use "section" and "chapter" interchangeably when referring to a file. :D
~Gabrielle
Joyron

Post by Joyron »

I did chapter 10 but way too much clipping that I can't seem to edit out. There is lots of drama in that chapter. I will have to turn the volume down some and re-record so I will get this to you in a day or two. Grandbabies to watch today. Not conducive to recording! :wink:
Joy
Joyron

Post by Joyron »

Upload successful. URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ba/elsieswomanhood_11_finley.mp3

15:20

Had to turn down the volume to avoid problems with clipping. I hope this will be okay, but let me know if it needs some adjustments, and feel free to make your own changes if necessary.
Joy
Joyron

Post by Joyron »