[GROUP] Elsie's Womanhood by Martha Finley -ba

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
GabrielleC
Location: Texas - where the most beautiful multi-function oven is located. :lol:

Post by GabrielleC »

Sorry for my neglect of this project :P - Section 10 is orphaned as the reader has not logged into the forums for almost 4 months now.
I'll try to get to my edits soon...maybe next week sometime - please remind me if I forget/check up on me to see if I'm doing them. :)
~Gabrielle
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

Okay, I am still here and still checking in periodically. I have a mic and headset now so am thinking about trying my hand at reading at some point. There are just so many great stories out there that I would love to have read.
M Z Spark
(nerd in hiding!) :-)
Bedelman

Post by Bedelman »

Hello, I am just finishing up a second chapter for Miss Cayley's Adventures and am scouting around for my next Librivox opportunity. Do you have any chapters left unclaimed?
Sincerely,
Barbara Edelman
GabrielleC
Location: Texas - where the most beautiful multi-function oven is located. :lol:

Post by GabrielleC »

Yes, we do!
Sections 10, 17-21, and 26-31 are left unclaimed. You are welcome to claim any one or number of these. :)
Just get back with which ones you want to read, and I will get you set up! Just keep in mind that the preface is section 01, and so section 10 will be Chapter 9, Section 17 will be Chapter 16, etc.
Thank you so much for stopping by! This project needed someone like you to keep it going - it has been rather neglected lately :P
I look forward to working with you on this project, Barbara!
~Gabrielle
GabrielleC

Post by GabrielleC »

Here are the edited sections:
I just re-recorded and pasted in the sections needing editing - I hope it doesn't sound too terribly off. I am thinking about re-recording the sections in their entirety, but that wouldn't be until Christmas break, and just in case I forget about them or have a million other things to be doing then, I am doing them now just so they are ready in case anything else happens. :D

Section 2 - 15:03 - http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ba/elsieswomanhood_02_finley.mp3
Section 3 - 07:22 - http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ba/elsieswomanhood_03_finley.mp3
Section 4 - 13:56 - http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ba/elsieswomanhood_04_finley.mp3
Section 5 - 18:23 - http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ba/elsieswomanhood_05_finley.mp3
~Gabrielle
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

Let me give them a listen and see how they sound. Will post back today or tomorrow.
M Z Spark
Bedelman

Post by Bedelman »

MIght as well claim Chapter 9 (Section 10?) Just for continuities sake. I won't get to it immediately...I have to finish up on Miss Cayley....and the dreaded holidays are just galloping towards us. But I am looking forward to it. You will have it by January 9th! Is that ok?
GabrielleC

Post by GabrielleC »

Hi Barbara - Section 10 is yours! January 9th is perfectly fine, well within the two-month "deadline". And even if you can't get it in by then you can always request an extension. :)
I look forward to working with you on this project!
~Gabrielle
~Gabrielle
Bedelman

Post by Bedelman »

:clap: Yay. I notice that there are about 500 Elsie books. The Womanhood one is volume 4, correct? And I am on the docket for Chapter 9, correct? Don't want to record wrong book, wrong chapter! (Could happen to me!) :hmm:
GabrielleC

Post by GabrielleC »

Actually there are only 28 of them. :) I'm not sure how many the author actually wrote, but we are just working on the 28 books for now. ;)
Yes, this is book four. You will find the link to the correct test in the first post of this thread. And yes, it is Chapter 9. I have you assigned to the chapter, and it is all ready to go!
Happy recording! :D
~Gabrielle
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

Listened to the first one, and the voice sounds like a different person is talking, so it's a bit startling, but I can understand it just fine, so I think it will be okay.

Updated comment - I also noticed that you slowed down in your reading for the snippets, and it sounds wonderful. Nice job! :-)
M Z Spark
GabrielleC

Post by GabrielleC »

Okay! Then if the rest are fine, then we can just go with that! If I had used the same recorder then it probably would have sounded better, but I couldn't find it so I just used my laptop mic, which is fine, just not the same as the other one. :P
Yes, I did slow down. :) - I'm still thinking about re-recording them entirely, but it depends on what happens in the next few weeks/months. :D
~Gabrielle
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

Yes, they are fine. I updated the MW. Waiting for more to PL now. :-)
M Z Spark
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

Hi all! Checking in to see how everything is going.
M Z Spark
GabrielleC

Post by GabrielleC »

It's not going right now. :P I suppose I'll have to do something about that....maybe a hunt for readers would be good. :) Where's the recruitment office? :lol:
~Gabrielle