[GROUP] Elsie's Womanhood by Martha Finley -ba

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ForEmma

Post by ForEmma »

Can I claim chapters 21 through 24 (section 22-25)?
Soli Deo Gloria,
Jenn

My LV recordings
GabrielleC
Location: Texas - where the most beautiful multi-function oven is located. :lol:

Post by GabrielleC »

Sure, Jenn! Why not? ;)
Thanks for Section 7 and I look forward to getting Section 8 (since I don't need to PL it ;) - not that I wouldn't enjoy it...just don't have the time. :P
~Gabrielle
ForEmma

Post by ForEmma »

Tell me about no time! But there is always time for books :P
Soli Deo Gloria,
Jenn

My LV recordings
GabrielleC
Location: Texas - where the most beautiful multi-function oven is located. :lol:

Post by GabrielleC »

:lol: - yup, a CLEP coming up in a week! But then I get my wisdom teeth out...so there comes LibriVox PLing time.... :P
~Gabrielle
ForEmma

Post by ForEmma »

Ooh, ouch. Wisdom teeth removal must not be fun. Ha, you reminded me I have to schedule a CLEP tomorrow.

I am going to a conference next weekend so I cannot promise when I will get these done, but Lord willing soon! Don't have Internet access at the conference center, though...hmm.
Soli Deo Gloria,
Jenn

My LV recordings
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

Ouch, my son had wisdom teeth pulled out before he had his braces put on, awful stuff, he had 3 impacted. But now that his braces are off he has such perfect teeth I keep making him smile for me so I can see what 5G's looks like ... :-D

I posted the spots that need tuned in the first few chapters, you might just need to slow them down a bit to make them clear.

I am pulling chapter 7 section 8 now.
M Z Spark
(nerd in hiding!) :-)
ForEmma

Post by ForEmma »

Thanks for the PL!

5Gs from Dad + a whole lot of pain from son = worthwhile family photos (ever thought of scrap-booking? :D ).
Soli Deo Gloria,
Jenn

My LV recordings
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

Well, he had them off in time for high school senior pictures. They were just awesome, even if I do say so myself. :-) I'm actually a mom, MikeZane is just a nickname I got stuck with. Long story... ;-)

Forgive me for being obtuse, but what's a CLEP? Is that some kind of college prep thing?
M Z Spark
GabrielleC

Post by GabrielleC »

CLEP test stands for "College Level Examination Program" test - so basically what I do, is I study for the tests, and then I go take them at a testing center to prove that I know what an average person who has taken the college classes does, and they give me college credits. - I've gotten 15 credits so far that way, and since this next one will give me 6 credits (a two-semester class), I hope to have 21 by next weekend! :clap:
I hope to get to my edits quickly - at least before I lose my teeth, so I can at least talk ;)

EDIT - ...and I don't think this project is going to get finished by the end of this year, so I'm moving the target completion date to the 12th of March, 2012 ;)
~Gabrielle
bart
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by bart »

Target date updated in database.
Alle Nederlandstalige projecten op de Librivox Boekenplank
ForEmma

Post by ForEmma »

Whoops, sorry MZ! Thought you sounded more like a mom ;)

Yes, CLEP tests are wonderful for getting college level credits more efficiently than a classroom. Not to say classrooms are bad, just that if you know a subject well enough, why not take a test which requires you to have that classroom level knowledge? It works for some and not for others. In my case, it allows me time to do things like Librivox :D
Soli Deo Gloria,
Jenn

My LV recordings
ForEmma

Post by ForEmma »

Section nine runs 15:37 minutes. I think I sounded rather whiny as Elsie this time. Ah, well. This chapter is awkward anyway :)

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ba/elsieswomanhood_09_finley.mp3

-Jenn
Soli Deo Gloria,
Jenn

My LV recordings
GabrielleC

Post by GabrielleC »

:lol: - thanks for the Chapter, Jenn!
~Gabrielle
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

ForEmma wrote:...I think I sounded rather whiny as Elsie this time...

-Jenn

Nope you did a great job, it sounded fine. Passed it. This is such a sweet story. I downloaded the first book from archive.org and hope to listen to it this week.
M Z Spark
ForEmma

Post by ForEmma »

As long as the DPL is happy, Jenn is happy. Thanks! It is a great saga (all however-many-books there are).
Soli Deo Gloria,
Jenn

My LV recordings