[COMPLETE] The Missing Bride by E.D.E.N. Southworth-gu

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
GabrielleC
Location: Texas - where the most beautiful multi-function oven is located. :lol:

Post by GabrielleC »

Amanda - Section 15 is PL OK!
Delmar - Sections 2 & 3 are PL OK!
Mike - Section 8 has too much silence on the end - just cut it down to 5 seconds of silence, and then it will be PL OK!

Thanks so much, everybody! :D
~Gabrielle
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I don't know what to tell you about this. The space on the uploader is limited, and reuploading a chapter if it has too much silence at the end, and no other mistakes, might not be a good idea. So let's do it this way: if there are only a few extra second, don't reupload. If it's a ful minute, please do. John, can you give us an advice on this?
By the way, Gabrielle. I am glad to be back, and thanks for the warm welcome. No, my computer is not truely fixed...
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
2peltons

Post by 2peltons »

I have resent chapter 07 with an exact 5 second tail on it. Chapters 8 has about 15 seconds of dead air. I promise in the future there will be just 5 for the small chapters and 10 for those over 30 minutes.

Mike
Delmar H Dolbier

Post by Delmar H Dolbier »

Section 4 ready for PL:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/gu/missingbride_04_southworth.mp3
Length = 11:40

DHD

Post by miss stav »

Thank you very much for section 4, Delmer. I hope you like this book. If you want to take more chapters, justlet me know.
Mike, please don't reupload chapter 8. Thanks for your reallly big efferts. Would you like to read 10 and 11?
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
GabrielleC
Location: Texas - where the most beautiful multi-function oven is located. :lol:

Post by GabrielleC »

Hmm...that's weird... :hmm: ...the chapter 7 file got renamed with the time/date stamp like it was trying to re-upload, but there isn't one there from last evening.
~Gabrielle
2peltons

Post by 2peltons »

Miss Stav Yes I would. I do want to apologize for my ignorance. I have just learned what a URL means with regard to this forum. I had thought it meant my e-mail address. If you should observe something that I am doing that is not making sense to you I would appreciate your calling my attention to it. I do want to learn how to do this well.

Thanks
Mike
2peltons

Post by 2peltons »

Gabrielle, When I resent it I thought I had time so I got on my treadmill. When I returned to the computer the page had reset so I missed getting the URL. That started me thinking about how you retrieve a specific chapter and the light dawned.
GabrielleC

Post by GabrielleC »

:) The page must have reset during the upload. That makes sense to me! :D
~Gabrielle
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Mike,
so I will sighn you up for 10 and 11. You couldn't have known this all by yourself. someone should explain, and it's my job as the bc of the project. Yes, if you have a url, please tell us.
stav.
2peltons

Post by 2peltons »

Chapter 10 is uploaded with a time of 18:49 and with 5 seconds of dead air.
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/gu/missingbride_10_southworth.mp3

Mike
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks, Mike. I'lll add it to the window.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Mike, would you please tell me the duration of chapter 7?
2peltons

Post by 2peltons »

Chapter 11 of The Missing Brides has been uploaded with a length of 18:49.
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/gu/missingbride_11_southworth.mp3

Miss Stav The length of chapter 7 was 26:53.

Mike
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Wow, Mike, you are quick! Thanks for chapter 11. Want 16-18?