COMPLETE: Christmas Carols Collection 2006-SW/CE

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners

Do you think we (or other volunteers) should burn and donate CD versions of this album?

Yes
79%
No
21%

Total votes: 19

lindawilcox

Post by lindawilcox »

alexfoster wrote:Hmmm. Have you got a use for some double-tracking I did last year?

I'd love to do the Coventry Carol. I might do it anyway, even though you won't have space for it in this project.
The music you have sounds great but there is too much back-ground noise so it takes away from the music. Maybe it's the microphone?
I'll sign you up for "Coventry Carol". Some people might back out at the last minute. Thank you!
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Hey linda - is there any particular order you want these files to go in? The Validator will automatically sort them alphabetically, but I can get 'round that by adding numbers (01, 02, etc) to the beginnings of filenames when the time comes.

-Catharine
lindawilcox

Post by lindawilcox »

ceastman wrote:Hey linda - is there any particular order you want these files to go in? The Validator will automatically sort them alphabetically, but I can get 'round that by adding numbers (01, 02, etc) to the beginnings of filenames when the time comes.

-Catharine
I think I will sort the track numbers when I receive all the files. I just got more voluteers in case someone doesn't finish on time. We defininately have space for extras on an album (20 songs; 4 min avg.).
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

That's fine then. Do you want to put up a note in Orphaned Chapters to let folks know that there's more open space available?

-Catharine
AthenaMuze

Post by AthenaMuze »

I am very interested in pitching in here. Is there a particular song that has been orphaned or could I choose a new one? I'm up for anything.

If I could choose, I would probably pick Joy to the World.

I had a sample, but it had some errors... I'll try to put together a new one for you.

Fixed!

http://download.yousendit.com/5A8D102032AC8B02
lindawilcox

Post by lindawilcox »

AthenaMuze wrote:I am very interested in pitching in here. Is there a particular song that has been orphaned or could I choose a new one? I'm up for anything.

If I could choose, I would probably pick Joy to the World.

I had a sample, but it had some errors... I'll try to put together a new one for you.

Fixed!

http://download.yousendit.com/5A8D102032AC8B02
Sorry I've been out for a few days. I love the sample. Very nice harmonies!
I'll add you on.
lindawilcox

Post by lindawilcox »

I have just got two people I know and a friend to help us out. [See new "claimed" list.]
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

Sorry if this is a repeat question.

Burning only in .wav format means people will only be able to listen to these via computer (although more and more car units can listen to mp3s and WMP.

Wouldn't it be better to have people burn actual CDs with aif/aiff sound files to donate to various places, particularly prisons, etc.
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]
lindawilcox

Post by lindawilcox »

Cloud Mountain wrote:Sorry if this is a repeat question.

Burning only in .wav format means people will only be able to listen to these via computer (although more and more car units can listen to mp3s and WMP.

Wouldn't it be better to have people burn actual CDs with aif/aiff sound files to donate to various places, particularly prisons, etc.
You're absolutely right! I'll re-write the instructions.
CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

I'd quite like to do An Appendix Touching Days and Places for Publick Worship.

This is part of a The Directory of Public Worship, which was made law by a Parliamentary Ordinance in England in 1644 and an Act of the Scottosh Parliament in 1645. It is generally considered to be the source of the idea that Oliver Cromwell banned Christmas, although it is more accurate to say he really just enforced an existing law.

If this is totally out of step with the spirit of the project then please just say so.

It's very short, and I could also play some music behind it.
American Psychology 1922-1947. It's the nearest thing to American Psycho that we are allowed to record.
CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

Or indeed, please just say so if I'm too late and this is full. I can't really work it out - I'm sure its just me being slow.
American Psychology 1922-1947. It's the nearest thing to American Psycho that we are allowed to record.
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

I'm guessing this belongs in the Christmas Collection, not the Christmas Carol Collection, but it's up to Linda...

-Catharine
lindawilcox

Post by lindawilcox »

CarlManchester wrote:I'd quite like to do An Appendix Touching Days and Places for Publick Worship.

This is part of a The Directory of Public Worship, which was made law by a Parliamentary Ordinance in England in 1644 and an Act of the Scottosh Parliament in 1645. It is generally considered to be the source of the idea that Oliver Cromwell banned Christmas, although it is more accurate to say he really just enforced an existing law.

If this is totally out of step with the spirit of the project then please just say so.

It's very short, and I could also play some music behind it.
Sorry, Carl. This project is purely musical. But feel free to submit it to the Christmas Collection. Thanks!
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

7. Good King Wenceslas-Cloud Mountain (vocal)

Well Linda,

Here's the vocal version, mistakes and all. (Well, we'll live with 'em.)
But I AM concerned with the balance of the two voices, plus them in balance with the instruments.
Can you please tell me how we did with that. Since this is multi tracked, it's be no problem to make it better.
(Plus, I probably should sync the soprano better in the final verse. Here 'tis: DOWNLOAD

This HAS been so much fun.
Thanks so for the invitation!

What's next year?

Alan
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]
lindawilcox

Post by lindawilcox »

Cloud Mountain wrote:7. Good King Wenceslas-Cloud Mountain (vocal)

Well Linda,

Here's the vocal version, mistakes and all. (Well, we'll live with 'em.)
But I AM concerned with the balance of the two voices, plus them in balance with the instruments.
Can you please tell me how we did with that. Since this is multi tracked, it's be no problem to make it better.
(Plus, I probably should sync the soprano better in the final verse. Here 'tis: DOWNLOAD

This HAS been so much fun.
Thanks so for the invitation!

What's next year?

Alan
It's a wonderful track! I thought the ending was a little bit messy. The soprano part seems to be earlier than the bass part and that didn't sound too good. All it needs is a little fixing. (Is the dog there as an effect? It's cute if it is.) I love it!

Next year I'm thinking about a public domain folk album. Interested?