COMPLETE: Romeo & Juliet by Shakespeare - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ThePoet

Post by ThePoet »

Hi Linton

Thanks for reminding me - I sort of left that part out in he character list - shows how much I still have to learn! I will listen to your sample later and we will get back to you.
Kind regards

The Poet
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Say folks, you're welcome to use my server space to store the files while they're being turned in.

kristin has been using the space and is welcome to set up a folder there and shuttle any files into place.
There's no "uploader" there.
But anyone who uses ftp software:
host ftp.studioae.com
id LibriVox
password L1br1V0x -- cap L and V, numbers 1 and 0

:)
Anita
kristin

Post by kristin »

Thanks Anita, that would be really helpful. Pirates is taking up more than its fair share at the moment.
(How do I set up a file there?)
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Hmm...I believe there's a folder button -- you're using that great Free ftp client, SmartFTP, right? ... Yep! It's a little folder with a sparkle on it. Click that and it gives you an unnamed folder. I just put a Romeo folder there. You can change the name of that folder as you would any folder.

Cool! I"m so glad it's helpful!
It has plenty of space. Feel free to ask for wav files.
Anita
kristin

Post by kristin »

No, SmartFTP's tutorials were just too iritating, I ended up using the firefox plug-in and haven't worked out how to add a file with it. Thanks for making one.
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

I found that if you rt click on the studioae name, you can add new folder from there. :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
Simon

Post by Simon »

Reading for Tybalt again. Sorry for long weekend (well... not really that sorry ;) )

Simon Reading Tybalt
kristin

Post by kristin »

:shock: ... I think you found your anger.

Will have a little chat with Poet and get back to you soon. :D
kristin

Post by kristin »

Simon will be reading the part of Tybalt. :clap:
Simon

Post by Simon »

w00t! I'll get started pronto. :)

I mean, grrrrr. (gotta keep that anger thing)
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Looks like this project is coming together! I'll pick up MC duties for this.

I will only pick up FINAL EDITED FILES (no individual parts). I'd like for the BCs to figure out their file system (one or more acts per file? one scene per file? - this might be a little short). ID3 tag scheme suggested below:

Title: [should describe acts and scenes included]
Album: Romeo and Juliet
Artist: William Shakespeare

You can use yousendit, or any of the filedrop sites listed here to get files to me: ceastmn AT gmail DOT com ; I'm sure your participants will want to hear the final results too, so please post the resulting links in this thread.

Have a blast!

-Catharine
kristin

Post by kristin »

WOO-HOO, it's Catharine. Thanks, Catharine for taking this on. I'll figure out all the tags and file names, etc. once I know how long of parts it will need to be broken into.

For everyone else submitting files please label them:
romeo_act[#]_scene[#]_[character].wav. We are going to try to use wav files as Anita has kindly offered her ftp thingy. You can put them there yourselves in a folder called Romeo or if you don't ftp just send them the usual way and I'll put them there for you. Whatever you do please post a link here or tell me you've uploaded them.
Last edited by kristin on September 11th, 2006, 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
LenLen

Post by LenLen »

FYI - I'm working on a reading for Romeo, I'll try to post it tonight, or if not, tommorrow. My sister-in-law showed up right in the middle of reading! :oops:
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

kristin wrote:WOO-HOO, it's Catharine. Thanks, Catharine for taking this on. I'll figure out all the tags and file names, etc. once I know how long of parts it will need to be broken into.

For everyone else submitting files please label them:
romeo_act[#]scene[#]_[character].wav. We are going to try to use wav files as Anita has kindly offered her ftp thingy. You can put them there yourselves in a folder called Romeo or if you don't ftp just send them the usual way and I'll put them there for you. Whatever you do please post a link here or tell me you've uploaded them.
Ah. And if Anita's offered ftp space, you can just stick yer final files there. (Tho I expect it may be a bit of a while yet!)

-Catharine
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

someone ask Peter Y. for the friar. :) oh wait..i tell him.
[url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/PromotionalMaterial][color=indigo]Want to promote LV? Print the poster and pin it at your library[/color][/url] | [url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/Stephan_Moebius][color=indigo]My wiki page[/color][/url]