COMPLETE: Guide to Study of Christian Religion - Smith-le

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » November 8th, 2011, 10:31 pm

dexter wrote:Wow, icequeen, you don't waste any time, do you? :D
No I don't, especially when I have a whole day to work on LibriVox! :D

Because I don't have access to the MW yet, the PL Needed notations will be there for a little bit. But I will get everything fixed in the MW when I can.
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

JoeD

Post by JoeD » November 9th, 2011, 4:27 am

icequeen wrote:
dexter wrote:Wow, icequeen, you don't waste any time, do you? :D
No I don't, especially when I have a whole day to work on LibriVox! :D

Because I don't have access to the MW yet, the PL Needed notations will be there for a little bit. But I will get everything fixed in the MW when I can.
Thanks for your help icequeen! I am on travel right now and typing this from an airport (no I am not addicted, I can quit anytime I tell you). When I return home this evening I will update the magic window and pm everyone that needs to make edits! Kind of tough to do all that right now though

JoeD

Post by JoeD » November 9th, 2011, 6:42 pm

dexter wrote:Here is section 48:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/guidestudychristianreligion_48_smith.mp3

Time = 56:29

I notice that several sections have been uploaded but not proof-listened. Has the PL on this project left?
Thank you Dexter! icequeen is our new DPL for this project!! Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this - I have been out of town for a few days.
Last edited by JoeD on November 9th, 2011, 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoeD

Post by JoeD » November 9th, 2011, 6:47 pm

Batelyon wrote:Ok, here's section 39: : http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/guidestudychristianreligion_39_smith.mp3, a little over 20 minutes, if I'm not mistaken.

Problem is, English is not my mother language, so this has been a real challenge. I noticed my accent is marked and probably some pronunciations are wrong. Could someone listen to the recording and check if it's acceptable? Don't mind telling me, please. I can still record in Spanish, but I like English a lot, and there's a lot more material.

I'll hold on sections 40 and 41 until I'm sure my English is good enough for the files.

Thanks!!! I'll wait for coments.
Thank you Batelyon!! Your recording is 20:35 minutes long. You should post your time here so we can add up the time later.

As for your accent, do not worry about it! I am listening to your recording right now and you sound great - your voice and accent are both very beautiful, but your English language is clear and understandable! Librivox is an international community, and we include accents from all over the globe on these recordings. You should hear how I torture the German language!!

I am going to go ahead and assign you to sections 40 and 41.

JoeD

Post by JoeD » November 9th, 2011, 7:00 pm

icequeen wrote:Section 31 is PL OK, though the time given in the MW is over 30 minutes, but the section is only 17:26.
YIKES that is *my* recording! How embarrassing. :oops: But I have returned home to my own computer, and the Magic Window is now up to date!!

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » November 9th, 2011, 9:24 pm

JoeD wrote:
icequeen wrote:Section 31 is PL OK, though the time given in the MW is over 30 minutes, but the section is only 17:26.
YIKES that is *my* recording! How embarrassing. :oops: But I have returned home to my own computer, and the Magic Window is now up to date!!

It's not as bad as when, on my latest solo, I put the same title for 2 different sections in the ID tags. I felt like an absolute idiot! I was happy that the recording wasn't over 30 minutes, I was able to get more done. :D
Ann

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni » November 10th, 2011, 5:21 am

Icequeen is added as DPLer (and I will fix my files as soon as possible!).
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » November 10th, 2011, 10:09 am

Leni wrote:Icequeen is added as DPLer (and I will fix my files as soon as possible!).

Yeah! Thank you!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » November 10th, 2011, 12:10 pm

Section 39 is PL OK, except the title in the ID tags neds to match the title for the section that was read. But you do not need to reload it because it can be fixed when it is cataloged.

I agree with Joe, I think that you did just fine with your English, your accent is not too heavy and you pronounce the words correctly, especially some words that I would have had a problem with. Great job, I hope that you will read the other 2 sections that you have!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » November 10th, 2011, 1:19 pm

Section 48 needs one easy edit.

@45:19, you missed the phrase... "In order to give full religious significance to the Christian life,"

It is on page 534, at the beginning of the second paragraph.
Ann

Batelyon

Post by Batelyon » November 10th, 2011, 2:12 pm

Thanks, Icequeen. You know, I hadn't listened to the bloopers by that moment, otherwise I would have kept some jewels in this recording. As you probably heard, there were lots of complicated words. I probably edited out half of the recording, because some of them just refused to be pronounced, lol. It would have provided more material for the bloopers than for the book itself :D

I'm aware now, so probably the next two chapters will provide a lot of material for the bloopers section.

Batelyon

Post by Batelyon » November 10th, 2011, 4:50 pm

Ok, Here's part 40, this time it was smoother (well, relatively, comparing to the first one, :lol: )
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/guidestudychristianreligion_40_smith.mp3
9 m 56 s

JoeD

Post by JoeD » November 10th, 2011, 8:03 pm

Batelyon wrote:Ok, Here's part 40, this time it was smoother (well, relatively, comparing to the first one, :lol: )
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/guidestudychristianreligion_40_smith.mp3
9 m 56 s
Thank you Batelyon!

dexter

Post by dexter » November 12th, 2011, 6:05 am

Here's section 48 with the added phrase:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/guidestudychristianreligion_48_smith.mp3

Time = 56:32

It always amazes me how the recording can sound so different on two different days, when I'm sitting in the same chair, with the same mic, at the same computer. Anyway, all the text is there now, even if it is obvious that the phrase was patched in.

Batelyon

Post by Batelyon » November 12th, 2011, 3:15 pm

Here's section 41, with 10 m 39 s
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/guidestudychristianreligion_41_smith.mp3
Hope it's fine.

Could I have the rest of the chapter, please? I think it's the next four sections, 42, 43, 44 and 45. Not very sure, but whichever sections would complete the chapter of The Development of Modern Christianity.

Thanks!!!