COMPLETE: Guide to Study of Christian Religion - Smith-le

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Easton

Post by Easton »

I checked the audio for Section 09 and couldn't find any of the problem sounds on the track.

Anyway, the audio has already been changed, including removing footnotes, so I'll leave it at that.

Eva
evaeaston.com
youtube.com/evaeaston
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

Easton wrote:I checked the audio for Section 09 and couldn't find any of the problem sounds on the track.

Anyway, the audio has already been changed, including removing footnotes, so I'll leave it at that.

Eva
OK, thanks again, Eva!!
Easton

Post by Easton »

Hello,

I'm writing to beg off from section 10. I've read it and realize that the pronunciation of enough items is beyond my scope of ability that it won't work out.

I'll read other sections and see if there are some that are more appropriate.

Thank you.

Easton
evaeaston.com
youtube.com/evaeaston
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

Easton wrote:Hello,

I'm writing to beg off from section 10. I've read it and realize that the pronunciation of enough items is beyond my scope of ability that it won't work out.

I'll read other sections and see if there are some that are more appropriate.

Thank you.

Easton
Not a problem, Easton. Thanks for the update!!
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

Haineko

Post by Haineko »

I'd like to volunteer to read sections 39, 40, and 41 please (the first three sections of 'The Development of Modern Christianity'.)

Haineko
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

Haineko wrote:I'd like to volunteer to read sections 39, 40, and 41 please (the first three sections of 'The Development of Modern Christianity'.)

Haineko
Hello Haineko, and welcome to Librivox! I thank you for volunteering but it appears that this is your first post here at Librivox. Since this is the case, I ask that before you volunteer to read a section, you first submit a short, 30 second or so, recording to our ‘Listeners and Editors Wanted’ forum. This is not an audition! It is merely a way get you familiar with the recording, editing and submission process, and get the technical kinks worked out. Once that is finished, I can assign you to read sections from this book.

Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording to learn about downloading the appropriate software and how to submit a test recording for Librivox.

http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

Hello everybody! I will be on Holiday next week and will be nowhere near a computer until then. Submit your recordings or volunteer for readings, and I will get to them when I return home!! :D :D
dexter

Post by dexter »

I'd like to volunteer to read section 46 (Chapter 9, part 1). If things go well I would like to read all of chapter 9, but I'll commit to the first part only at this time.

Dexter
Lareliw

Post by Lareliw »

I would like to start with section 0 please and go from there :)

Lareliw
dexter

Post by dexter »

Here is section 46 (sorry, I couldn't resist getting started):

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/guidestudychristianreligion_46_smith.mp3

19:36
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

dexter wrote:Here is section 46 (sorry, I couldn't resist getting started):

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/guidestudychristianreligion_46_smith.mp3

19:36
thank you dexter!! May I sign you up for the rest of chapter 9? :wink:
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

Lareliw wrote:I would like to start with section 0 please and go from there :)

Lareliw
Thank you Lareliw! You are in for section 00!! :D
dexter

Post by dexter »

JoeD wrote:
thank you dexter!! May I sign you up for the rest of chapter 9? :wink:
Sure, why not?

One small question, though. In the second-last paragraph of page 504 is a German word in brackets (Vermittlungstheologie). I don't speak German. Is it OK if I skip this word, or do you want me to take a stab at it?
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

dexter wrote: One small question, though. In the second-last paragraph of page 504 is a German word in brackets (Vermittlungstheologie). I don't speak German. Is it OK if I skip this word, or do you want me to take a stab at it?
Awesome! Thanks Dexter!!
About the German, much of the critical theology of the 19th century was coming from Germany, so there are lots of German citations out there. The English is used "mediating theology" with the original German in brackets "Vermittlungstheologie". I say skip it since the English is also used and no information is really lost!