[COMPLETE] Hunting Dogs by Oliver Hartley - mb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jeanny

Post by jeanny »

jedopi wrote:"Table of Technical Terms" (section 01)??? Isn't it chapter 26? I'm still a little confused - sorry. :?
Oh, my... Of course it's 26! :oops:
I didn't add "Chapter" in the title field in the MW since the last section seems to be more like an appendix, not a "real" chapter.
Does this make sense?
jedopi

Post by jedopi »

Oh, my... Of course it's 26! :oops:
I didn't add "Chapter" in the title field in the MW since the last section seems to be more like an appendix, not a "real" chapter.
Does this make sense?[/quote]

Wow... now I'm really confused! :? I'm not sure if you want me to say Chapter 26 or not. Maybe I'm a little slow right now, but could you please explain it in really simple terms. :oops:
jeanny

Post by jeanny »

jedopi wrote:Wow... now I'm really confused! :? I'm not sure if you want me to say Chapter 26 or not. Maybe I'm a little slow right now, but could you please explain it in really simple terms. :oops:
Please do not read "Chapter" in the last section. :)
jedopi

Post by jedopi »

I would like to volunteer for the breeding and care sections of this book (chapters 11 - 16) please.
jeanny

Post by jeanny »

jedopi wrote:I would like to volunteer for the breeding and care sections of this book (chapters 11 - 16) please.
Great, Chapters 11-16 are all yours. :D
serinde

Post by serinde »

serinde

Post by serinde »

I would like to also do chapters 1-4, Night Hunting through Training the Coon Dog. Thanks.

serinde
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Serinde,

I downloaded your file to check your technical settings. They are correct, but you have some rather severe "clipping" on your recording. This is when the wave forms on your recording go above the top line, and this can cause your voice to sound distorted.

You will need to decrease the input volume or back away from the mic a bit.

I did not listen to the whole file - the PL'er will do that, so I don't know how bad it is throughout. From what I hear, I think it is acceptable enough to use, but please try to fix this before recording more sections! We want you to be happy with your finished product as well! :D

Here is a video on how to tell your volume levels in audacity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9WF82rf81o

Oh and please tell us the running time of your files when you submit them. It is needed for cataloging. :-)

Thanks,
Maria

Edit: I looked back through your posts, and saw that your first test submitted was a little too quiet (and unfortunately the second one slipped through without being checked. :? ) I think if you get your volume somewhere inbetween what you had on your first test and this recording you will just right! :thumbs:
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
serinde

Post by serinde »

Maria -

Thanks for the feedback. I am VERY new to recording myself, and will certainly adjust the volume.

Should I do chapter 24 again? I would like it to be right, and it isn't that long.

And I actually wrote down the time, too, but forgot to put it in. Argh!

serinde
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Serinde,

Personally I would redo it - especially since it is short. :-) If you compare your first test where your voice is clear, to this section, where it is clipping pretty badly, you can really hear the difference.

If you'd like to post a short snippet before you go into a longer recording, so I can check the volume for you, feel free to do so.

Don't worry - it gets much easier after you get over the initial problems!

Thanks,
Maria
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
serinde

Post by serinde »

Thanks! I'll get a snippet recorded in the next few days.

serinde
jeanny

Post by jeanny »

serinde wrote:Thanks! I'll get a snippet recorded in the next few days.

serinde
And I'll sign you up for sections 1-4. :wink:
Thanks for volunteering. :D
serinde

Post by serinde »

One snippet, with sound adjustments.

It is all of 19.5 seconds long. :)

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tests/huntingdogs_24_snippet_hartley.mp3
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

serinde wrote:One snippet, with sound adjustments.

It is all of 19.5 seconds long. :)

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tests/huntingdogs_24_snippet_hartley.mp3
Volume is excellent! :thumbs: You are good to go. :-)
The only things I would suggest is to watch out for "popping" - when your breath hits the mic. That can usually be solved by speaking slightly to the side of the microphone. Also, I may be wrong but it sounds like there is some knocking of the mic as well, so I would suggest watching out for that as well.

You may not be able to hear these things if you are just listening on speakers. If you are not already, I would suggest using headphones when editing - even really cheap ones make a difference in what you can hear. I wish I had used them when I first started, I was amazed at what I was missing on my own recordings when I finally got myself a nice cheap set of headphones! :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
jedopi

Post by jedopi »

I'm about to start recording the intro. Should it be read like this -

"Hunting Dogs. - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
Recording by jedopi
Hunting Dogs, by Oliver Hartley

INTRODUCTION.

As if hunting for profit, night hunting for either pleasure or gain
and professional hunting generally had no importance, writers of........

Is that okay or do I have to say something different? At the end of this recording do I say "End of Introduction" ?.

Sorry about the confusion - but it's my first "intro" and I want to make sure I do it right the first time if possible.