[COMPLETE] Hunting Dogs by Oliver Hartley - mb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Section 21 has been fixed and re-uploaded. I went ahead and fixed the running time in the MW, Jeanny. Hope you don't mind!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
jedopi

Post by jedopi »

nursejosh wrote:Alright, I PL'd 00, 11, and 21. I didn't follow along with the text since this seemed to be a "Standard proof-listening instead of a "word perfect proof-listening"? please let me know if I'm being overly picky or missing anything:

PL for 00-Introduction:
0:00 No chapter number listed before title of book ("Introduction to..." maybe"
3:07 only 2 seconds of silence at end of recording
Volume way too low by 12-16dB?
ID3 V2 tag: Title as Title as “huntingdogs_00_hartley” instead of "## - Section Title"
otherwise great!

Josh
I thought that the file name was to be as above - “huntingdogs_00_hartley”. That's what it says on page 1. Also I don't know why the volume would be so low as I did everything the same as I always do. How can I adjust it if it is too low? Do you want me to add "Introduction of Hunting Dogs" to the very beginning? I do say it a little later on, if you have a quick listen. I will add the extra 3 seconds silence if necessary, but let me know about the other stuff first, and then I will fix everything up and re-upload.
jedopi

Post by jedopi »

nursejosh wrote:PL for 11 - Part II: Breeding and Care of Dogs, Chapter 11: Selecting the Dog
0:00 No “Chapter [##] of..” listed before first mention of book name (I know this helps me identify the chapter quickly if I can't see my MP3 player's display for some reason)
ID3 V2 Tag: Title as “huntingdogs_11_hartley” instead of "## - Section Title"
Otherwise great! Volume much better on this one.

Josh
I did say that it is chapter 11 so I don't know what you mean? :?
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

jedopi wrote:
nursejosh wrote:Alright, I PL'd 00, 11, and 21. I didn't follow along with the text since this seemed to be a "Standard proof-listening instead of a "word perfect proof-listening"? please let me know if I'm being overly picky or missing anything:

PL for 00-Introduction:
0:00 No chapter number listed before title of book ("Introduction to..." maybe"
3:07 only 2 seconds of silence at end of recording
Volume way too low by 12-16dB?
ID3 V2 tag: Title as Title as “huntingdogs_00_hartley” instead of "## - Section Title"
otherwise great!

Josh
I thought that the file name was to be as above - “huntingdogs_00_hartley”. That's what it says on page 1. Also I don't know why the volume would be so low as I did everything the same as I always do. How can I adjust it if it is too low? Do you want me to add "Introduction of Hunting Dogs" to the very beginning? I do say it a little later on, if you have a quick listen. I will add the extra 3 seconds silence if necessary, but let me know about the other stuff first, and then I will fix everything up and re-upload.
Hi Jedopi,
I took a look and a quick listen to the beginning of the file (00). It is much too quiet (Comes in at 80DB, when we aim for 89 DB). If you could amplify it, that would be great. Are you using Audacity? If so go up to “Effects” then “Amplify”.

The intro for this file should read exactly as follows:
"Introduction of Hunting Dogs. - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
"Recording by [your name]
"Hunting Dogs, by Oliver Hartley. Introduction."

As for the file name, yes you do have that correct. What Josh is referring to are the ID3 tags, which are missing – but have the file name for one of them.

They should be as laid out in the first post:
ID3 V2 tags
(To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!
Title: ## - [Section title] (Which you can copy directly from the MW for the section)
Artist: Oliver Hartley
Album: Hunting Dogs
However, don’t worry about the ID tags for this project if you can’t get them to work. I can fix them easily in cataloging.

And yes, the extra three seconds at the end are necessary. There must be at least 5 seconds at the end of a file if the recording is less than 30 minutes. 10 seconds if the file is longer than 30 minutes. This is because some mp3 players will cut off a recording before the end.
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

jedopi wrote:
nursejosh wrote:PL for 11 - Part II: Breeding and Care of Dogs, Chapter 11: Selecting the Dog
0:00 No “Chapter [##] of..” listed before first mention of book name (I know this helps me identify the chapter quickly if I can't see my MP3 player's display for some reason)
ID3 V2 Tag: Title as “huntingdogs_11_hartley” instead of "## - Section Title"
Otherwise great! Volume much better on this one.

Josh
I did say that it is chapter 11 so I don't know what you mean? :?
I checked the file. As Josh says, the very beginning "Chapter 11" is missing. The very first thing said should be "Chapter 11 of Hunting Dogs."
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
jedopi

Post by jedopi »

Here is the revised version of Chapter 11 - I hope all is well now. Sorry about that.
Time - 11:10
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/mb/huntingdogs_11_hartley.mp3
jedopi

Post by jedopi »

And here is the new version of the Introduction. Hope it's okay now. Time - 3:11
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/mb/huntingdogs_00_hartley.mp3
midgecoates

Post by midgecoates »

PL for Chapter 2:

Intro and Outro are OK.

Nothing problematic with silences/pauses, repeats, or garbled sections.

Recording level: Looks like there's some clipping in a few places. Sound levels vary a bit.

Midge
Midge Coates
Digital Projects Librarian
Auburn University

"Work consists of whatever a body is obliged to do, and ... Play consists of whatever a body is not obliged to do." Mark Twain
midgecoates

Post by midgecoates »

PL for Chapter 1:

Intro and Outro are OK.

Nothing problematic with silences/pauses, repeats, or garbled sections.

Recording level: Looks like there's a lot of clipping but most of it doesn't seem to affect the listening experience.

Midge
Midge Coates
Digital Projects Librarian
Auburn University

"Work consists of whatever a body is obliged to do, and ... Play consists of whatever a body is not obliged to do." Mark Twain
nursejosh

Post by nursejosh »

Thanks for posting the new files, Jedopi.

I'll take a listen and let you know!

Josh
jedopi

Post by jedopi »

nursejosh wrote:Thanks for posting the new files, Jedopi.

I'll take a listen and let you know!

Josh
I just noticed that 12 and 13 are also missing the same intro as 11 was. I will fix them up and re-upload as soon as I can.
jeanny

Post by jeanny »

jedopi wrote:I just noticed that 12 and 13 are also missing the same intro as 11 was. I will fix them up and re-upload as soon as I can.
Hi Jedopi,
Thanks for fixing the Introduction. Please wait with the re-upload of sections 12 and 13 until they've been PL.ed (there might be more edits needed). This way, we can save some space on the server. :)
serinde

Post by serinde »

Chapters 3 and 4 are here. Running time for chapter 3 is 9:03 and for chapter 4 is 9:35.5.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/mb/huntingdogs_03_hartley.mp3

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/mb/huntingdogs_04_hartley.mp3

I would like to continue recording for the book. Could I have chapters 7, 9, 10 and 22? Thanks.

serinde/Jennifer

Edited by admin to correct file name.
jeanny

Post by jeanny »

Hello Jennifer,
Thanks for Chapters 3 and 4. Chapters 7, 9, 10 and 22 are all yours. :D