Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
johntkucz

Post by johntkucz »

elaineandsparky wrote:JOHN

PL NOTES FOR SECTION 57

well done on the pronunciation of Popocatepetl, at Orizabaand :clap:

0:44 the mineral layer heaped at the bottom. i hear helped

8:14 ayrton silently said to himself. i hear slightley

24:35 such is fingals cave in corsica. you missed out a line of names of caves.

it is indeed the cliff hanger (no pun intended :D ) of the story, when i fist listened to it i was like" no way" :!: wasn't expecting it.

good recording, you really got into it in places :thumbs:
Thank you for not spoiling the ending. I have not yet read the ending (which is another reason why I would like to do 61 and 62) and this is a fantastic (classic) read!

It's pretty impressive and good that the endings are not spoiled despite people reading different portions of books on libri.
  • "everything" site for past 8 years==
  • my tech site (using a pseudynm for reasons I have yet to undersand)-- (I obviously have "name" issues lol!, but love tech)
  • twitter me timbers--
johntkucz

Post by johntkucz »

SECTION 21 HAS ONE SMALL MISTAKE:

0:30 section 21 repeated

sorry about the mix up :wink:
21 is Fixed
(this was a bit confusing because magic windows says pl edits are on 9 but they appeared to be on 16).
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ni/mysteriousisland_21_verne.mp3

Here's 22 (the extra "could" removed)
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ni/mysteriousisland_22_verne.mp3

"end of chapter 11" double recorded removed
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ni/mysteriousisland_53_verne.mp3

54 "sailors" haha!
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ni/mysteriousisland_54_verne.mp3

55 missing paragraph addedand yawns removed
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ni/mysteriousisland_55_verne.mp3

56 repeats removed
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ni/mysteriousisland_56_verne.mp3

according changes maded
Thanks for th "Popocatepetl, at Orizabaand " pronunciation acknowledgement ! I saw those words (possibly in a less linguistic/vocal mode after the recording, when you mentioned them in your PL and was astounded I ever said them at all!)
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ni/mysteriousisland_57_verne.mp3

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ni/mysteriousisland_58_verne.mp3

As always, REALLY solid PL edits. Thanks. the Bold and stuff in red are subtle boosts, but those REALLY really makes it much simpler and easier to spot what needs to change and speeds up making the edits. thanks.

Okay, should be caught up with PL edits now!

I'd really like to do 61 and 62 sections if possible. Thanks!
  • my tech site (using a pseudynm for reasons I have yet to undersand)-- (I obviously have "name" issues lol!, but love tech)
  • twitter me timbers--
johntkucz

Post by johntkucz »

Again if no one would object, I'd really like to do Section 61 and 62.

All caught up with pl edits now, too!
  • twitter me timbers--
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Greetings.

I'd like to do sections 37 - 38 - 39. That is Book II, Chapters 15 - 16 - 17.

Since 1 Sep 2011 seems an implausible completion date now, what might be a more reasonable one at this point?

Thanks, Todd
elaineandsparky

Post by elaineandsparky »

JOHN

thanks for those edits, i've spot checked them and they're all great.

yeah i just think the red makes it easier to understand exactly what was said wrong. :wink:
johntkucz

Post by johntkucz »

thanks for those edits, i've spot checked them and they're all great.

yeah i just think the red makes it easier to understand exactly what was said wrong. :wink:

Forums aren't usually the place for proper cogent communication, but that's almost unbearably ambiguous and confusing. Sounds like you're saying that everything in red was something that your incorrectly mentioned.

"wrong". it's not bloody wrong it' usually just a mispronunciation or any of the yawns or background noises or other bloopers on libri.

That said. I"ve requested now about 3-4 times if I can do sections 61 and 62 and have received no response (as far as I can see). I don't mind someone being like "no someone else claimed them", but it slightly irks me not getting a yay or nay response at all.

cheers.

-- John
  • twitter me timbers--
elaineandsparky

true, sorry i didn't mean to offend you, i guess "wrong was the wrong word".

i've been holing off allocating you those sections as it isn't really my place to do so.
but as you haven't had a response from nerdanel and i have access to the MW i'll put them in. i'm sure it will be fine
Nerdanel

Post by Nerdanel »

Hi, guys,

Sorry about my long absence. John, you may have the last two section (thanks Elaine for putting it up).

Todd, you may have 37-39.

The new completion date will be the end of this year (31 December 2011).

Nerdanel
‘Oh, that won’t do!’ said Bilbo. ‘Books ought to have good endings. How would this do: and they all settled down and lived together happily ever after?’...
‘Ah!’ said Sam. ‘And where will they live? That’s what I often wonder.’
-The Fellowship of the Ring
johntkucz

Post by johntkucz »

Happy day, sweetness. Thanks so much for those two sections. Will get on those in a jiffy (may be a few weeks, tons of rl stuff really amplified at moment!)
  • twitter me timbers--
johntkucz

Post by johntkucz »

Nerdanel wrote:Hi, guys,

Sorry about my long absence. John, you may have the last two section (thanks Elaine for putting it up).

Todd, you may have 37-39.

The new completion date will be the end of this year (31 December 2011).

Nerdanel
Thanks again! (I expressed gratitude below. But to really enjoy and focus on those last two sections, I am going to ensure I have all PL edits complete from all other recordings (I have maybe 3-4 lingering PL edits from other works-in-progress that I've completed and uploaded but I think need one or two changes in other libri projects (as well as many other non-life projects but those are always in-progress it seems! lol), I would like to have zero PL edits needed in all other libri projects before doing those two sections. I will try to get to that status asap, though. Thanks!
  • twitter me timbers--
johntkucz

Post by johntkucz »

elaineandsparky wrote:true, sorry i didn't mean to offend you, i guess "wrong was the wrong word".

i've been holing off allocating you those sections as it isn't really my place to do so.
but as you haven't had a response from nerdanel and i have access to the MW i'll put them in. i'm sure it will be fine

offended was inaccurate. I was a bit overwhelmed at seeing 2-3+ files that needed pl edits on this project and a few other lingering PL edits from other projects and I want to have all those complete1 (I multitask like crazy but I am lookign forward to having just a small handful of (personal and libri and work and other projects) reads, projects, edits, and tasks.

That said it was just ambiguous, so it didnt' offended me (Hey you do the helpful red-post detail that's so resourceful!) but I was a bit overwhelmed and stressed about a lot of rl project open-loops, the PL edits I had neglected on other projects (like in libri I thought 2 chapters of VERY long (50 minute+ very challenging joyce ulysses were complete but I had skipped over them because so many pl edits and needed to redo them but did; and rl site, writing projects etc), and not really certain what you meant because of (no offense) poor word choice with that one phraseology. okee. thanks.
  • twitter me timbers--
johntkucz

Post by johntkucz »

Section 61

Eruption! Volcano! Lava! Verne had some great descriptions in this one. Although I guess I expected some of the dialogue to be more shock, fleeing, screaming, freaking out but all well.

32:53
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ni/mysteriousisland_61_verne.mp3
  • twitter me timbers--
elaineandsparky

JOHN

SECTION 61 IS PL OK :thumbs:
Nerdanel

Post by Nerdanel »

Thank you very much, John! :)

Nerdanel
‘Oh, that won’t do!’ said Bilbo. ‘Books ought to have good endings. How would this do: and they all settled down and lived together happily ever after?’...
‘Ah!’ said Sam. ‘And where will they live? That’s what I often wonder.’
-The Fellowship of the Ring
johntkucz

Post by johntkucz »

Well, here ya go. last section!! I must admit, I was a bit more into the previous section. So much suspense and great descriptions of the lava volcano explosion. I felt in this chapter chapter, Verne just sealed off the book with a cheesy deus ex machina in one chapter. Like the beginning of the chapter they were about to be burned alive or starved to death and then at the end of the chapter they're all living together in a happy recreated island in iowa or something?????? I liked the "ending" but felt that should have happened over a couple of chapters. It seemed hastily concluded, imho, but this is more literary than "vocal" comment. I liked chapter 61 more than 62 basically. Great project! all in all good stuff though!

section 62
15:04
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ni/mysteriousisland_62_verne.mp3
  • twitter me timbers--