[ADVENTURE]The Headless Horseman by M Reid(1818-1883) - ni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neerajanagarajan

Post by neerajanagarajan »

geniwren wrote:Hi, I'm moving and could really use an extension on chapters 38-40.

Thanks!

Gen.
No problem, Gen, take your time! Thanks for letting me know. :)
neerajanagarajan

Kristingj wrote:Hi, I would like to claim section 58, 60 and 61:)
Hi Kristin, sections 58, 60 and 61 have already been claimed! :( So sorry, but I just updated the MW. Would you like to claim other sections? I'll be very happy to assign you some other sections!
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

That's fine, you can just assign three sections that you need done:)
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
neerajanagarajan

Hey Kristin, I've assigned sections 67-69 to you. :)
Isabel Paul

Post by Isabel Paul »

Thanks Neeru- will do :)
skilmer

Post by skilmer »

Chapter 51- repeated "and squeezing himself through stockade wall" at 3:40

Chapter 52--PL OK.

Chapter 53--Mispronunciation of "severed" at 14:25

Chapter 54--Mispronunciation of "melancholy" at 4:26, "hullaballoo" at 4:28, "invalid" at 8:28,
"inebriate" at 8:30, "deliriously" at 8:39

Sharon
Play Words with Friends with me at skilmer1 on iphone.
neerajanagarajan

Thanks, Sharon! :)
dark angel

Post by dark angel »

Hi! I'm just posting to let you know that I haven't forgotten about this. I've been quite busy and, honestly, not in the mood for recordings, but I'm going to start recording again. Have lot of chapters waiting, though...
Ana
magnoliasouth

Post by magnoliasouth »

neerajanagarajan wrote:
magnoliasouth wrote:I'll volunteer for 66-70. My name on the page or whatever can be Magnolia South. :)
Hey Magnolia,

Welcome to LibriVox! Delighted to have you here. :D
Before you start recording, it would be awesome if you could go through the LibriVox Wiki (link at the top of the page).
A test recording would be awesome - nothing much, just about 1-2 minutes, just so we can tell if all your technical settings are OK. Then you'll be good to go.
For starters, I'll be happy to assign section 66 to you, since this is your first section and you'll find it less of a pressure to take it one at a time.
Thanks! :)
Okay, well, I'm sorry about this but as I mentioned, I was afraid about my mother. As it turns out, she took a turn for the worse just after I posted this and I had to go up to Atlanta. She was in the hospital until day before yesterday and now I've had to bring her here to Mobile. It doesn't look good for her.

I am so sorry to have to renege on this, but there really now is no time for me to even read a book, much less record one. As for the being overwhelmed, it was no problem to begin with. I'm not the kind of person who takes things on that I cannot do. This is just an unexpected problem that I naturally would prefer not to have to experience.

Thank you though.
neerajanagarajan

dark angel wrote:Hi! I'm just posting to let you know that I haven't forgotten about this. I've been quite busy and, honestly, not in the mood for recordings, but I'm going to start recording again. Have lot of chapters waiting, though...
Thanks for letting me know! Take your time! :)
skilmer

Post by skilmer »

Chapter 55---Mispronounced words: "regime" at 1;15, "domicile" at 2:18, "heiress" at 6;00,
"subsequent" at 7:40, "reciprocated' at 8:10, "Secrecy" at 14:30, "nueces" at 21:15, "sad" at 23:10

Correct word at 10:30 is "go" not "so".

Chapter 56--Mispronounced words: "invalid" at :23, "doubly" at 12:02, "invalid at 13:57,
"fresh wounds" at 14:29, "procured" at 14:52.

Chapter 57--Mispronounced words: "equestrian" at 2;11, "expression" at 2:53, "personage" at 3:20,
"convinced" at 11:26, "hitherto" at 13:18.

Correct word at 11:54 is "she" instead of "he".
Play Words with Friends with me at skilmer1 on iphone.
neerajanagarajan

magnoliasouth wrote:Okay, well, I'm sorry about this but as I mentioned, I was afraid about my mother. As it turns out, she took a turn for the worse just after I posted this and I had to go up to Atlanta. She was in the hospital until day before yesterday and now I've had to bring her here to Mobile. It doesn't look good for her.

I am so sorry to have to renege on this, but there really now is no time for me to even read a book, much less record one. As for the being overwhelmed, it was no problem to begin with. I'm not the kind of person who takes things on that I cannot do. This is just an unexpected problem that I naturally would prefer not to have to experience.

Thank you though.
I'm so sorry, Magnolia! I really hope things become OK for her and you soon!
neerajanagarajan

Thanks, Sharon!
mlemon1003

Post by mlemon1003 »

Hello,

I go by Monica L and I would like to read 070 and 071
neerajanagarajan

Hello Monica,

Welcome to LibriVox! Sections 70 and 71 are all yours!
I'm assuming this is your first section ever, so I would encourage you to please go through the LibriVox wiki (link at the top of this page). It's a comprehensive guide and should answer al your questions, but if you've still got doubts, please don't hesitate to ask!
It would also be really awesome if you could send in a test recording - nothing much, just about 1-2 mins, just so we could check your tech specs. And then you'll be good to go!
I'll put in Monica L as your catalog name in the catalog page. Do you have a URL you'd like to link to?
Looking forward to listening to you! Have fun, and happy recording! :D