Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Thanks, Mike! :)
Leni
=================
Jamina1

Post by Jamina1 »

Hey on sections 13 and 15 I did do the noise cleaning on both in Audacity. What would you suggest otherwise?
Catalog
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men...The Shadow Knows!
aravis

Post by aravis »

Downloading! :D
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
JasonVox

Post by JasonVox »

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

THanks you, Jason!
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Jamina1 wrote:Hey on sections 13 and 15 I did do the noise cleaning on both in Audacity. What would you suggest otherwise?
Hello, Jamina

Sorry, I am a bit confused, you mean you have noisecleaned already before uploading, or that you have noisecleaned and re-uploaded the file?

In the first case, sometimes one pass of noisecleaning isn't enough. Sometimes two passes with a lower filter works better than one with a high filter, for example. It's good to experiment around a bit with the noisecleaning feature, one can find a better way of doing it.

Thanks!
Leni
=================
Jamina1

Post by Jamina1 »

Leni wrote: Hello, Jamina

Sorry, I am a bit confused, you mean you have noisecleaned already before uploading, or that you have noisecleaned and re-uploaded the file?

In the first case, sometimes one pass of noisecleaning isn't enough. Sometimes two passes with a lower filter works better than one with a high filter, for example. It's good to experiment around a bit with the noisecleaning feature, one can find a better way of doing it.

Thanks!
Hey Leni - Yeah, they were noise cleaned before upload. I guess I can see what you mean though the first one is kind of echoey. I've experimented a little and the silences are great but there's still noise when I'm talking (buzz) any ideas?
Catalog
michaelreuss

Post by michaelreuss »

Jamina1 wrote:... the first one is kind of echoey. I've experimented a little and the silences are great but there's still noise when I'm talking (buzz) any ideas?

I've downloaded and listened to Section 13. You don't need to run any more noise cleaning. What you need is an Equalization filter. There's a pretty good built-in low filter (called "Low Pass Filter") on the Audacity Effect menu. Try that filter, using it's default settings, and see if you like the way it sounds. If you want to customize an equalization filter, use the "Effect->Equalization" menu option, and manually set the equalizer graph to boost the low frequencies and diminish the higher frequencies. If you want some help setting the Equalization filter, don't hesitate to ask for more help.

And FYI, applying a low pass filter WILL reduce the overall volume of your recording. You may want to boost the overall volume by 2 or 3db using the Effect-Amplify menu. But don't boost the volume at the suggested level, or some distortion starts to creep in during the louder sections.

I hope this helps.
Mike
Jamina1

Post by Jamina1 »

Thanks for the tips! My laptop decided to record from its built in mic rather than the headset I was wearing and that's why its weird.

Here's Section 13 refiltered and amped.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/bestmysterystories_13_hawthorne.mp3

I'm going to rerecord section 15 to avoid the stumble and it just sounds crappy lol.
Catalog
Jamina1

Post by Jamina1 »

Catalog
michaelreuss

Post by michaelreuss »

Section 21 - "A Jar of Olives and the Boy Kazi" has been uploaded.
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/bestmysterystories6_21_hawthorne.mp3
Duration: 23:46
Mike
michaelreuss

Post by michaelreuss »

Jamina1 wrote:Section 15 rerecorded :)
It sounds very good, Elanor! Good job!
Mike
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Thanks, Jamina and Michael!
Leni
=================
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Hi there,

I can do sections 29 and 30, if no one else has claimed them, if you wish.

Lars :)
Good friends are like angels... ...you don't have to see them to know they are there
aravis

Post by aravis »

Downloading! :D
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)