COMPLETE [ROMANCE]The First Violin by Jessie Fothergill - ni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
smijen

Post by smijen »

I can do a light noise-cleaning if you want. Just let me know.

Usually when you amplify, you have to noise-clean. I was surprised chapter 30 didn't seem to need it.
Android users - try Orthografiend, a free word game from the maker of Checker.
smijen

Post by smijen »

Here's chapter 31 PL'd, amplified, and lightly noise-cleaned. I think it does sound better. What do you think?

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ni/firstviolin_31_fothergill.mp3

edited to add: I may not get time to do more for a couple of weeks. I'll post in the window when I start working on a chapter, just in case Betsie is working on this project as well.
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Hello Sarah,
It sounds great! Thank you very much.

All the best,
Sandra.
smijen

Post by smijen »

Wow - way to go!

I don't think Neeru is around, but I do think Ruth has fixed her computer issues and is back on the forums a bit. Did you want to ask Ruth to catalog this project? (I don't mind doing it if she isn't able to, but I don't want to step on her toes. :) )
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Thank you Sarah. Go for it! I can asure you, Ruth won't mind. I can't believe this book is finally on its way. Thank you again!

All the best,
Sandra.
smijen

Post by smijen »

Woops - I just noticed the catalog description is still the one taken from girlbooks.com. As Tricia said earlier on, they'll hold the copyright on that description, so you'll need to write something of your own. Could you work on that while I start the cataloging process?
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Hello Sarah,
Try this on for size:

May Wedderburn is a quiet provincial girl, living in small and seemingly boring Skernford. Underneath the dull exterior, there is mystery, suspicion and fear in this little town, surrounding the austere local wealthy landowner who is very interested in marrying poor May. It looks as though she will have to marry him whether she likes it or not until an unsuspected alliance is formed between her and a respected old lady. They both escape to Germany where music and excitement await them.

That alright? By the way, I can never get hold of how long a chapter is so for the last ten, there isn't anything written next to the links I posted on this page the other day. I never worked out how to put in the five seconds of silence either.

Thank you for your help once again Sarah. You have been amazing!
All the best,
Sandra.
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

My goodness! You're a star, Sarah! I will run through it all and put durations in, then it seems we are ready to get this into the catalogue?

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Oh, now that I actually read all the thread :oops: I see that you have it all ready to go. Shall I finish off?

Ruth
smijen

Post by smijen »

Hi Ruth - great to have you back!

I'm afraid I may have made a bit of a mess... I thought everything was ready to go, but only learned 2 messages up that Sandra has problems with the 5 seconds of silence at the end. So I intended to manually double-check all the chapters today to make sure the silence was correct. How about if I still do that, and then when everything is set up in the validator, I'll let you know and pass it over to you?
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

If you have time, Sarah. I imagine you are a whole lot busier than I am at this time of year. (I no longer have little children. ;)) I can do it all if it makes life easier for you. Just let me know.

Ruth
smijen

Post by smijen »

Sure - it would be great if you could take it from here! I spot-checked all the chapters and there were a few miscellaneous things, like in two chapters I could hear the screen reader at the beginning, and a couple of chapters needed further amplification. So I've done these things and uploaded to the validator. What remains is just straight-forward addition of silence at the end of chapters 36-41. Thanks! :D
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

OK, will do this evening! :D

Ruth
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

I can't believe I missed all that. The First Violin is on its way. I can hardly believe it after all this time!

Sarah and Ruth,
Thank you both very very much for all your help, not just with sorting out the last bits of mess but with the editing and proof listening and, last but not least, your patience with me. My thanks go to Betsie and Laura as well for working with me during the year on this long book.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.
All the best for the new year too.
Sandra x.