COMPLETE [ROMANCE]The First Violin by Jessie Fothergill - ni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

Sandra7 wrote:Hopefully I'm getting better at the editing.
You're doing fantastic, Sandra!! 5 is amplified and ready for PL'ing.
Laura
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Thanks for the encouragement Laura. Here's chapter six:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ni/fristviolin_06_fothergill.mp3

I don't think the Braillenote clicks are terrible but there are still some left in and I could use a little magic. Unfortunately, I don't think anything can be done about the birds. You can hear bird song on and off during the track, hmm. It's a longish track and the chapters get longer.

All the best,
Sandra.
Last edited by Sandra7 on April 12th, 2011, 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnnSterling

Post by AnnSterling »

I'll pl section 3
Ann

ooooppps, I see now there is a DPL. I bow out!
Ann
Regards, from Medford, Maine USA,
my website: www.ResNaturaeYarns.com
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

Chapter 6 is ready for PL'ing, Sandra. Ann dropping in to volunteer to PL made me wonder if you've heard from morrowka? If she's relying on email notifications she may not even know there's been any activity here since it doesn't always work.

Another lovely chapter, by the way!
Laura
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Thank you very much Laura. Thank you to Anne for offering to pl section three. You're welcome to still do that if you'd like to, it's quite short. It's a very very long book and it'll take Kim ages. She and I are in regular contact Laura so she's aware of the chapters piling up. She can only proof listen at weekends as she works full time. Laura, I know we haven't really spoken about editing properly but are you happy to be my, as it were, dedicated editor?

All the best,
Sandra.
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

Sandra7 wrote:She and I are in regular contact Laura so she's aware of the chapters piling up. She can only proof listen at weekends as she works full time.
Excellent! She's in for a treat as she listens to you read.

As far as editing, we've probably reached a point where it might be beneficial to get some help since these chapters are getting longer and with the addition of keeping my grandson my time is getting shorter. I'll certainly be glad to help out as much as I can.
Laura
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Hello everyone,
sorry I've been silent but I was very busy singing over Easter. Now it's time for an update:
I have put chapters7-10 into the magic window. I have to re-record chapter twelve because I let Audacity get the better of me. It wasn't until I sat down to remove the Braillenote clicks that I realised that only the first couple of minutes had been saved properly. Oh well. Chapters eleven, thirteen and fourteen will be uploaded over the next few days. I have actually recorded chapters1-20, 23-26, 28, 31-32 and 41. My enitial attempts at editing will take some time though.

Also, Kim is going to drop in over the weekend to have a look at chapter two's editing.

There's a section at the end of the book that isn't an epilogue or anything and doesn't refer to the story, the characters or even the countries mentioned. I don't know whether to read it or not. I have asked about this in the "Need help and advice" forum but no one has replied to me. I have asked about reading a chapter of an Italian book. I'm a little unsure about it, regarding public domain.
It's called Novelle per un anno vol. 3 and the thread is:
http://forum.librivox.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32594
Any thoughts?

All the best,
Sandra.
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

Hi Sandra,

I had some free time today so I got chapter 7 edited for you. If someone doesn't come along before, I may have some time at the first of the week to do some more.

I hope you have a lovely weekend.

Laura
Laura
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Thank you very much Laura. I know your time is short so any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm relaxing over the weekend as I've started presenting a Radio show on RNIB's Insight Radio. (www.insightradio.co.uk). I'm filling in for a presentor for another week, on a programe called the Dalely Lunch, one pm 'til three pm GMT). It's simply wonderful!

I'm going to upload some more chapters over the weekend. Although I haven't had much time to do any editing lately, I'm comfortably ahead of what's in the magic window. Yay!

All the best,
Sandra.
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Chapters 1-15 are here in the magic window.
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

Sandra7 wrote:I'm relaxing over the weekend as I've started presenting a Radio show on RNIB's Insight Radio. (http://www.insightradio.co.uk). I'm filling in for a presentor for another week, on a programe called the Dalely Lunch, one pm 'til three pm GMT). It's simply wonderful!
Wow! That sounds really exciting, Sandra!! I don't think I could find enough to talk about to fill a 2 hour program. lol

Chapter 8 is ready for PL'ing.
Laura
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Thank you very much Laura! I presented the Dalely Lunch for over a week and you can hear it via the "Listen Again" pages. I'll let you into a little secret, I didn't have to come up with everything myself, ha ha ha!

All the best,
Sandra.
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

9 is ready for PL'ing.
Laura
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Thank you very much Laura. I was wondering if you could take on chapter two as well? It's a nice short one. I posted it on page two of this thread I think.

All the best,
Sandra.
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

I'll be glad to take on chapter 2, Sandra, however, when I tried to download it the link didn't work. Can you upload it again?
Laura