section 03

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tg/autobiography-vol1_03_conway.mp3

38:52, 35.5Mb

Be warned - I sing in this section.
WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

JoeD wrote:section 03

Be warned - I sing in this section.
No worries, Joe, I have heard thousands of hours of scratchy amateur (various period) field recordings, so I'm looking forward to this.

~S~
Vision issues and routine, long travel make audbiobooks a MUST for me-- THANK YOU. Apologies in advance for ypto's in my posts.
Snapdragon

Post by Snapdragon »

Just checking...Is there something else needed for Snapdragon? I re-did the requested section comments, but notice it still says read notes. Is there something I am missing?
Thanks!
Snapdragon

Remember those who served!
http://www.dogtaghistory.com
WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

Snapdragon wrote:Just checking...Is there something else needed for Snapdragon? I re-did the requested section comments, but notice it still says read notes. Is there something I am missing?
Ginger, I took just a real quick look to refresh my memory, but I'm pretty I OK'd the textual aspects of the sections you read, and that the notes are still standing just to indicate the times for Joe to look at when he does the sound adjustments may still be needed.

Joe hasn't gotten to edits yet (he's been tied up in another book project). When he does I'll re-PL the noted material-- or someone else will if I'm not handy-- his, yours, and anyone else's.

So the notes/page references remaining in the Magic Window for your sections are just for reference later, to help anyone who plays a role in the book's production to know where to look to find the notes. When a section is marked "PL OK" it means that only the final checks a BC does right before cataloguing need to be done.

~Susan
Vision issues and routine, long travel make audbiobooks a MUST for me-- THANK YOU. Apologies in advance for ypto's in my posts.
Snapdragon

Post by Snapdragon »

Got it - thanks! Just wanted to make sure you were not waiting for something from me :roll:
Thanks!
Snapdragon

Remember those who served!
http://www.dogtaghistory.com
WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

Snapdragon wrote:Got it - thanks! Just wanted to make sure you were not waiting for something from me :roll:
OTOH hand Joe MAY ask for something, down the line-- so if you will not be around L'vox much (travel, etc.) it's helpful to PM your BC an email address just in case the the topic notifier goes wonky. Newer readers are not always quite aware how much they are appreciated!

~Susan
WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

READERS' ALERT

Hey, I'm going to be away with limited computer access between Nov. 9-25. Access priority for this project during that time will be EDITS. Please know I will watch email notifications to point me to edits noted in the thread.

OTOH I may also get a chance to nab new sections to hear as I drive. But if anyone else wants to PL new sections while I'm away, I won't be offended. :mrgreen:

~S~
WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

Section 3 (Joe)

PL OK!

:clap:

~S~
rymd80

Post by rymd80 »

JoeD

Post by JoeD »

I will read chapter 19, sections 25, 26
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

section 04

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tg/autobiography-vol1_04_conway.mp3

32:23, 29.6Mb

It took me about 10 tries before I could properly read,
“Now and then some peripatetic propagandist appeared. I remember the impression made on me by a female preacher.”
– the worst tongue twister of my Librivox career.
thomaso

Post by thomaso »

I haven't forgotten about my section (19). Been very busy. Things are slowing down so I hope to have it ready for listening in the next couple of weeks.

Thomas
It's the little things that make the big things happen.
rymd80

Post by rymd80 »

JoeD wrote:section 04

“Now and then some peripatetic propagandist appeared. I remember the impression made on me by a female preacher.”
And in case I'm not the only one that can't stand it when they see a word they don't know the meaning of....

per·i·pa·tet·ic/ˌperipəˈtetik/
Adjective:
Traveling from place to place, esp. working or based in various places for relatively short periods.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I noticed that there were sections marked PL OK that were not marked Complete in the MW. I went through and updated all those.

Also, I added claim dates to some (most?) of the claimed sections, so that Joe will know how old the claims are and either orphan some or get on people's cases about getting their sections in. :lol: :wink:
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

rymd80 wrote:
JoeD wrote:section 04

And in case I'm not the only one that can't stand it when they see a word they don't know the meaning of....

per·i·pa·tet·ic/ˌperipəˈtetik/
Adjective:
Traveling from place to place, esp. working or based in various places for relatively short periods.
That's right rymd80. The peripatetic propagandist was a traveling preacher :wink: